Saturday, January 14, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The St. Louis Blues travel to SAP Center to play the San Jose Sharks on Saturday, January 14, 2017.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
St. Louis comes into this matchup having played 42 games. They have an overall record of 21-16-5 and on the road they have a record of 5-11-1. Currently they are 3rd in the Central Division. They've scored 118 goals and given up 128 goals for a point differential of -10. The Blues have an overall record of 4-5-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 20-21 and an over/under record of 19-16-7. San Jose shows up with a record of 25-15-2 including 14-5-1 at home this season. They are 2nd in the Pacific Division. They've scored 112 goals and surrendered 96 for a goal differential of +16. The Sharks have a record of 6-3-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 23-17 while their over/under record sits at 9-20-13.
Vladimir Tarasenko has accumulated 43 total points this season for the Blues. He has 20 goals this season with 142 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 23 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Kevin Shattenkirk has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 8 goals on 82 shots. He has 18 assists giving him a total of 26 points on the season. Jake Allen has 17 wins and 11 losses this season in net for the Blues. He has had 841 shots against him and has given up 84 goals. He has made 757 saves for a save percentage of 90%.
Joe Pavelski has accumulated 39 total points this season for the Sharks. He has 15 goals this season with 143 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 24 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Brent Burns has averaged 25 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 17 goals on 166 shots. He has 27 assists giving him a total of 44 points on the season. Martin Jones has 21 wins and 13 losses this season in net for the Sharks. He has had 947 shots against him and has given up 79 goals. He has made 868 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Blues have 47 total points this season. They have scored 118 goals while giving up 128 goals. They have had 136 power play opportunities and have scored 30 goals on those chances for a percentage of 22%. The Blues have allowed 150 power play opportunities and given up 23 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 85%. They average 28 shots per game and as a team are shooting 10.11% for the season to this point. They allow 28 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 89%.
The Sharks have a total of 52 points on the season. They have 22 power play goals on 132 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 17%. They have allowed 110 power play opportunities and have given up 19 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. As a team, the Blues have a total of 112 goals scored while they've given up 96 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.75%. As a team they give up 27 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
St. Louis has a Corsi percentage of 50.5% as they've attempted 2,205 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,161 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.6% as they have 1,649 attempts while they've given up 1,607 shots on the defensive end. The Blues start possessions in the offensive zone 50.3% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 49.7% for the season. They have 1,274 face off wins compared to 1,220 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 51.1%. On defense St. Louis has 823 hits and they've blocked 554 shots from the opposition.
San Jose has attempted 2,472 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,336 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 51.4% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 52.2% as they have 1,811 shots while they've given up 1,660 attempts on defense. The Sharks have an offensive zone percentage of 52.6% and their defensive zone percentage is 47.4% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 48% as they've compiled 1,186 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,284 face off losses. On defense San Jose has blocked 676 shot attempts and they have 830 hits as a unit.
St. Louis Blues Betting Trends
The St. Louis Blues are 20-21 straight up
The St. Louis Blues are 19-16-7 against the over/under
San Jose Sharks Betting Trends
The San Jose Sharks are 23-17 straight up
The San Jose Sharks are 9-20-13 against the over/under
St. Louis Blues Injuries
01/13/17 D Carl Gunnarsson Lower Body "?" Saturday vs. San Jose
San Jose Sharks Injuries
11/21/16 C Tomas Hertl Knee out indefinitely
01/13/17 D Dylan Demelo Wrist is downgraded to out indefinitely
01/13/17 D Paul Martin Leg "?" Saturday vs. St. Louis
01/05/17 D David Schlemko Upper Body out indefinitely
Guy's Pick: Take St. Louis
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.