Monday, January 16, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Tampa Bay Lightning travel to Staples Center to play the Los Angeles Kings on Monday, January 16, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Lightning at +135 and the Kings at -149. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Tampa Bay comes into this matchup having played 44 games. They have an overall record of 20-20-4 and on the road they have a record of 8-12-2. Currently they are 6th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 123 goals and given up 132 goals for a point differential of -9. The Lightning have an overall record of 3-6-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 18-24 and an over/under record of 22-17-5. Los Angeles shows up with a record of 22-17-4 including 14-6-1 at home this season. They are 5th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 110 goals and surrendered 108 for a goal differential of +2. The Kings have a record of 5-4-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 21-21 while their over/under record sits at 14-21-8.
Nikita Kucherov has accumulated 40 total points this season for the Lightning. He has 17 goals this season with 117 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 15%. He has a total of 23 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Victor Hedman has averaged 25 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 8% by scoring 7 goals on 85 shots. He has 31 assists giving him a total of 38 points on the season. Andrei Vasilevskiy has 10 wins and 10 losses this season in net for the Lightning. He has had 688 shots against him and has given up 65 goals. He has made 623 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Alec Martinez has accumulated 25 total points this season for the Kings. He has 6 goals this season with 81 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 19 assists on the season and averages 22 minutes played per game. Jeff Carter has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 17% by scoring 23 goals on 132 shots. He has 17 assists giving him a total of 40 points on the season. Peter Budaj has 20 wins and 11 losses this season in net for the Kings. He has had 879 shots against him and has given up 73 goals. He has made 806 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Lightning have 44 total points this season. They have scored 123 goals while giving up 132 goals. They have had 161 power play opportunities and have scored 38 goals on those chances for a percentage of 24%. The Lightning have allowed 149 power play opportunities and given up 30 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.35% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 90%.
The Kings have a total of 48 points on the season. They have 22 power play goals on 127 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 17%. They have allowed 135 power play opportunities and have given up 23 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. As a team, the Lightning have a total of 110 goals scored while they've given up 108 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.40%. As a team they give up 26 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Tampa Bay has a Corsi percentage of 50.7% as they've attempted 2,408 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,340 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.2% as they have 1,818 attempts while they've given up 1,802 shots on the defensive end. The Lightning start possessions in the offensive zone 50.4% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 49.6% for the season. They have 1,307 face off wins compared to 1,362 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 49%. On defense Tampa Bay has 944 hits and they've blocked 538 shots from the opposition.
Los Angeles has attempted 2,567 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,162 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 54.3% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 54.4% as they have 1,880 shots while they've given up 1,573 attempts on defense. The Kings have an offensive zone percentage of 54.9% and their defensive zone percentage is 45.1% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.4% as they've compiled 1,305 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,284 face off losses. On defense Los Angeles has blocked 589 shot attempts and they have 1,299 hits as a unit.
Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Trends
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 18-24 straight up
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 22-17-5 against the over/under
Los Angeles Kings Betting Trends
The Los Angeles Kings are 21-21 straight up
The Los Angeles Kings are 14-21-8 against the over/under
Tampa Bay Lightning Injuries
12/29/16 C Brayden Point Upper Body expected to miss 4-6 weeks
11/16/16 C Steven Stamkos Knee out 4 months
01/15/17 RW Ryan Callahan Hip "?" Monday vs. Los Angeles
01/08/17 RW J.T. Brown Head out indefinitely
Los Angeles Kings Injuries
12/27/16 C Tyler Toffoli Lower Body out indefinitely
10/13/16 GO Jonathan Quick Groin out 5 months
Josh's Pick: Take Tampa Bay +135
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.