Saturday, January 14, 2017
Canadian Tire Centre
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Toronto Maple Leafs travel to Canadian Tire Centre to play the Ottawa Senators on Saturday, January 14, 2017.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Toronto comes into this matchup having played 39 games. They have an overall record of 18-13-8 and on the road they have a record of 8-6-6. Currently they are 5th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 120 goals and given up 116 goals for a point differential of +4. The Maple Leafs have an overall record of 7-2-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 17-21 and an over/under record of 18-21-0. Ottawa shows up with a record of 22-14-4 including 13-6-4 at home this season. They are 3rd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 103 goals and surrendered 103 for a goal differential of 0. The Senators have a record of 6-3-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 19-18 while their over/under record sits at 16-22-2.
Auston Matthews has accumulated 35 total points this season for the Maple Leafs. He has 21 goals this season with 140 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 15%. He has a total of 14 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Nazem Kadri has averaged 16 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 16 goals on 122 shots. He has 9 assists giving him a total of 25 points on the season. Frederik Andersen has 17 wins and 9 losses this season in net for the Maple Leafs. He has had 1,074 shots against him and has given up 88 goals. He has made 986 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Erik Karlsson has accumulated 34 total points this season for the Senators. He has 7 goals this season with 94 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 27 assists on the season and averages 27 minutes played per game. Mark Stone has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 22% by scoring 13 goals on 60 shots. He has 19 assists giving him a total of 32 points on the season. Mike Condon has 10 wins and 6 losses this season in net for the Senators. He has had 536 shots against him and has given up 42 goals. He has made 494 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Maple Leafs have 44 total points this season. They have scored 120 goals while giving up 116 goals. They have had 125 power play opportunities and have scored 27 goals on those chances for a percentage of 22%. The Maple Leafs have allowed 134 power play opportunities and given up 22 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. They average 33 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.28% for the season to this point. They allow 33 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Senators have a total of 48 points on the season. They have 22 power play goals on 128 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 17%. They have allowed 133 power play opportunities and have given up 22 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. As a team, the Maple Leafs have a total of 103 goals scored while they've given up 103 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.98%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Toronto has a Corsi percentage of 50.3% as they've attempted 2,410 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,378 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.3% as they have 1,822 attempts while they've given up 1,798 shots on the defensive end. The Maple Leafs start possessions in the offensive zone 50.2% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 49.8% for the season. They have 1,159 face off wins compared to 1,223 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 48.7%. On defense Toronto has 955 hits and they've blocked 580 shots from the opposition.
Ottawa has attempted 2,152 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,391 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 47.4% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 48% as they have 1,576 shots while they've given up 1,709 attempts on defense. The Senators have an offensive zone percentage of 52% and their defensive zone percentage is 48% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50% as they've compiled 1,226 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,228 face off losses. On defense Ottawa has blocked 682 shot attempts and they have 1,055 hits as a unit.
Toronto Maple Leafs Betting Trends
The Toronto Maple Leafs are 17-21 straight up
The Toronto Maple Leafs are 18-21-0 against the over/under
Ottawa Senators Betting Trends
The Ottawa Senators are 19-18 straight up
The Ottawa Senators are 16-22-2 against the over/under
Toronto Maple Leafs Injuries
12/21/16 RW Ben Smith Hand out indefinitely
12/13/16 D Martin Marincin Back out 4-6 weeks
10/09/16 LW Joffrey Lupul Abdominal out indefinitely
10/09/16 RW Nathan Horton Back out indefinitely
Ottawa Senators Injuries
12/22/16 GO Andrew Hammond Groin out indefinitely
12/13/16 GO Craig Anderson Personal out indefinitely
10/09/16 LW Clarke MacArthur Concussion out indefinitely
Tony's Pick: Take Toronto
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.