Vancouver Canucks at Pittsburgh Penguins NHL Picks & Predictions 11/22/2017
Wednesday, November 22, 2017
PPG Paints Arena
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Vancouver Canucks head to PPG Paints Arena to take on the Pittsburgh Penguins on Wednesday, November 22, 2017. The opening line for this contest has the Canucks at +201 and the Penguins at -225.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Vancouver has a record of 9-8-3 this year and away from home they have a record of 6-3-0. They are 6th in the Pacific Division. They have tallied 51 goals and surrendered 57 goals for a point differential of -6. For the year they have an ATS mark of 9-11-0 and an over/under record of 9-11-0. Pittsburgh has a record of 11-8-3 including 6-1-1 on home ice this year. They are 3rd in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 59 goals and have given up 75 for a goal differential of -16. Their record against the spread is 11-11-0 while their over/under mark is 11-11-0.
Valuable Vancouver Canucks Betting Trends
The Vancouver Canucks are 9-11-0 straight up this year
The Vancouver Canucks are 9-11-0 against the over/under this season
Important Pittsburgh Penguins Betting Trends
The Pittsburgh Penguins are 11-11-0 straight up this year
The Pittsburgh Penguins are 11-11-0 against the over/under this season
Key Vancouver Canucks Injuries
11/10/17 D Christopher Tanev Upper Body IR (11/08)
10/23/17 D Troy Stecher Leg IR (10/22)
Key Pittsburgh Penguins Injuries
11/21/17 D Olli Maatta Illness is "?" Wednesday vs. Vancouver
10/23/17 RW Carter Rowney Hand IR (10/21)
Brock Boeser has scored 17 total points this year for the Canucks. He has 7 goals this season with 45 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 16%. He has a total of 10 assists on the year and averages 16 minutes played per contest. Bo Horvat averages 18.6 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 17% by tallying 8 goals on 48 attempts. He has 8 assists, giving him a total of 16 points on the year. Jacob Markstrom has 5 wins and 7 losses this season in goal for the Canucks. He has 431 shots against him and he's surrendered 39 goals. He's made 392 stops for a save percentage of 91%.
Sidney Crosby has 16 total points this season for the Penguins. He has 6 goals this year with 69 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 10 assists on the year and averages 20.5 minutes played per contest. Evgeni Malkin averages 18.2 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 7 goals on 65 attempts. He has 14 assists, giving him a total of 21 points on the year. Matthew Murray has 11 wins and 5 losses this season in net for the Penguins. He has 526 shots against him and he's given up 48 goals. He's made 478 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Canucks have 21 total points this year, which is 24th in the NHL. They've scored 51 goals while giving up 57 scores, which has them ranked 28th and 20th respectively. They have had 80 power play chances and scored 13 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 16%. That is 24th in the league. The Canucks have given up 73 power play opportunities and surrendered 15 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%, ranking them 18th when short-handed. They average 29 shots per contest and as a team shoot 8.81% for the year. They allow 30 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 91%, which is 15th in the league.
Useful Team Statistics
The Penguins are 9th in the league with a total of 25 points this season. They have 19 power play goals on 83 chances for a percentage of 23%. That is 4th in the NHL. They've given up 88 power play opportunities and surrendered 20 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 77%, ranking 25th overall. As a team, the Penguins are 20th with a total of 59 goals scored while they've given up 75 goals this season, ranking 2nd in goals against. They average 35 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 7.61%. As a unit they give up 31 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 89%, putting them 28th overall in the NHL.
Vancouver has a Corsi percentage of 49.3% as they've tried 1,056 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 1,087 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. That ranks them 24th in Corsi percentage. They are 26th in the NHL in Fenwick percentage with 48% as they have 787 shots while they've given up 851 attempts on defense. The Canucks start possessions in the offensive zone 51.9% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 48.1% for the year. That puts them 15th and 19th in the league in zone percentages respectively. They have 641 face-off wins as opposed to 604 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 51.5%. That is 9th overall in the NHL. On defense Vancouver has 333 hits and they've blocked 236 attempts from opposing offenses, which is 31st in the league.
The Penguins start possessions in the offensive zone 54.5% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 45.5% for the year. That ranks them 5th and 25th respectively in the NHL. They have 716 face-off wins as opposed to 709 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 50.2%. That is 20th in the league. On defense Pittsburgh has 491 hits and they've blocked 335 attempts from opposing offenses, ranking them 1st in blocked shots. Pittsburgh is ranked 10th in Corsi percentage with 51.2% as they've tried 1,334 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 1,274 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. Their Fenwick percentage is 8th in the NHL at 52.2%, as they have 1,027 shots while they've given up 939 attempts on defense.
Who will win tonight's Canucks/Penguins NHL game against the spread? Josh's Pick: Take Vancouver +201 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Josh's Pick: Take Vancouver +201
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.