Thursday, March 2, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Vancouver Canucks head to SAP Center to take on the San Jose Sharks on Thursday, March 2, 2017. The opening line for this contest has the Canucks at +222 and the Sharks at -250. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Vancouver comes into this game having played 61 games. They have an overall record of 26-29-6 and away from home they have a record of 8-19-3. The currently are 6th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 143 goals and surrendered 176 goals for a point differential of -33. The Canucks have an overall record of 3-7-0 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 22-35 and an over/under record of 24-25-12. San Jose shows up with a record of 36-18-7 including 18-7-4 at home this season. They are 1st in the Pacific Division. They've scored 170 goals and surrendered 145 for a goal differential of +25. The Sharks have a record of 4-1-5 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 34-25 while their over/under record sits at 15-27-19.
Henrik Sedin has accumulated 37 total points this season for the Canucks. He has 12 goals this season with 73 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 16%. He has a total of 25 assists on the season and averages 19.3 minutes played per game. Bo Horvat has averaged 17.7 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 16% by scoring 18 goals on 111 shots. He has 22 assists giving him a total of 40 points on the season. Ryan Miller has 16 wins and 18 losses this season in net for the Canucks. He has had 1,187 shots against him and has given up 100 goals. He has made 1,087 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Our handicappers are experts on NHL betting. Check out our NHL betting tips.
Brent Burns has accumulated 65 total points this season for the Sharks. He has 27 goals this season with 246 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 38 assists on the season and averages 24.9 minutes played per game. Joe Pavelski has averaged 19.4 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 20 goals on 185 shots. He has 33 assists giving him a total of 53 points on the season. Martin Jones has 29 wins and 15 losses this season in net for the Sharks. He has had 1,347 shots against him and has given up 115 goals. He has made 1,232 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Canucks have 58 total points this season. They have scored 143 goals while giving up 176 goals. They have had 181 power play opportunities and have scored 26 goals on those chances for a percentage of 14%. The Canucks have allowed 162 power play opportunities and given up 36 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 78%. They average 28 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.45% for the season to this point. They allow 31 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Sharks have a total of 79 points on the season. They have 33 power play goals on 188 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 18%. They have allowed 154 power play opportunities and have given up 28 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. As a team, the Canucks have a total of 170 goals scored while they've given up 145 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.16%. As a team they give up 28 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Vancouver has a Corsi percentage of 48.8% as they've attempted 3,183 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,338 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 47.5% as they have 2,339 attempts while they've given up 2,586 shots on the defensive end. The Canucks start possessions in the offensive zone 51.3% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 48.7% for the season. They have 1,916 face off wins compared to 1,797 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 51.6%. On defense has 1,088 hits and they've blocked 752 shots from the opposition.
San Jose has attempted 3,539 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,422 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 50.8% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 51.9% as they have 2,640 shots while they've given up 2,448 attempts on defense. The Sharks have an offensive zone percentage of 52.8% and their defensive zone percentage is 47.2% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 48% as they've compiled 1,716 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,858 face off losses. On defense has blocked 974 shot attempts and they have 1,154 hits as a unit.
Vancouver Canucks Betting Trends
The Vancouver Canucks are 22-35 straight up
The Vancouver Canucks are 24-25-12 against the over/under
San Jose Sharks Betting Trends
The San Jose Sharks are 34-25 straight up
The San Jose Sharks are 15-27-19 against the over/under
Vancouver Canucks Injuries
12/18/16 D Erik Gudbranson Wrist out indefinitely
11/23/16 RW Derek Dorsett Neck out for season
02/28/17 C Markus Granlund Illness is downgraded to expected to miss Tuesday vs. Detroit
02/28/17 D Nikita Tryamkin Illness is downgraded to expected to miss Tuesday vs. Detroit
02/27/17 D Troy Stecher Illness probable Tuesday vs. Detroit
02/27/17 D Christopher Tanev Illness probable Tuesday vs. Detroit
02/09/17 LW Sven Baertschi Concussion out indefinitely
01/15/17 RW Anton Rodin Knee out for season
San Jose Sharks Injuries
02/03/17 RW Joonas Donskoi Upper Body out indefinitely
01/23/17 C Micheal Haley Lower Body out indefinitely
01/13/17 D Dylan Demelo Wrist out indefinitely
Guy's Pick: Take Vancouver +222
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.