Tuesday, February 28, 2017
Madison Square Garden
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Washington Capitals travel to Madison Square Garden to play the New York Rangers on Tuesday, February 28, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Capitals at +104 and the Rangers at -115. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Washington comes into this matchup having played 61 games. They have an overall record of 41-13-7 and on the road they have a record of 16-8-6. Currently they are 1st in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 203 goals and given up 133 goals for a point differential of +70. The Capitals have an overall record of 7-2-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 40-20 and an over/under record of 26-22-13. New York shows up with a record of 40-20-2 including 19-12-2 at home this season. They are 4th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 206 goals and surrendered 164 for a goal differential of +42. The Rangers have a record of 7-2-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 37-22 while their over/under record sits at 33-24-5.
For expert handicapping advice on this game check out our NHL expert handicapper tips.
Marcus Johansson has accumulated 40 total points this season for the Capitals. He has 19 goals this season with 94 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 20%. He has a total of 21 assists on the season and averages 17.2 minutes played per game. Alex Ovechkin has averaged 18.2 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by scoring 27 goals on 223 shots. He has 27 assists giving him a total of 54 points on the season. Braden Holtby has 31 wins and 8 losses this season in net for the Capitals. He has had 1,241 shots against him and has given up 89 goals. He has made 1,152 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Mats Zuccarello has accumulated 44 total points this season for the Rangers. He has 12 goals this season with 159 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 32 assists on the season and averages 18.8 minutes played per game. J.T. Miller has averaged 16.4 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 17% by scoring 19 goals on 110 shots. He has 28 assists giving him a total of 47 points on the season. Henrik Lundqvist has 28 wins and 15 losses this season in net for the Rangers. He has had 1,315 shots against him and has given up 116 goals. He has made 1,199 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Capitals have 89 total points this season. They have scored 203 goals while giving up 133 goals. They have had 179 power play opportunities and have scored 39 goals on those chances for a percentage of 22%. The Capitals have allowed 204 power play opportunities and given up 33 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 11.22% for the season to this point. They allow 28 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 93%.
The Rangers have a total of 82 points on the season. They have 34 power play goals on 180 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 19%. They have allowed 165 power play opportunities and have given up 31 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Capitals have a total of 206 goals scored while they've given up 164 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 11.09%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Washington has a Corsi percentage of 50.9% as they've attempted 3,406 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,290 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.6% as they have 2,529 attempts while they've given up 2,465 shots on the defensive end. The Capitals start possessions in the offensive zone 51.4% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 48.6% for the season. They have 1,781 face off wins compared to 1,799 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 49.7%. On defense has 1,309 hits and they've blocked 825 shots from the opposition.
New York has attempted 3,434 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,538 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 49.3% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.3% as they have 2,600 shots while they've given up 2,573 attempts on defense. The Rangers have an offensive zone percentage of 49.6% and their defensive zone percentage is 50.4% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 48% as they've compiled 1,744 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,888 face off losses. On defense has blocked 965 shot attempts and they have 1,288 hits as a unit.
Washington Capitals Betting Trends
The Washington Capitals are 40-20 straight up
The Washington Capitals are 26-22-13 against the over/under
New York Rangers Betting Trends
The New York Rangers are 37-22 straight up
The New York Rangers are 33-24-5 against the over/under
Washington Capitals Injuries
02/25/17 D Brooks Orpik Lower Body "?" Tuesday vs NY Rangers
02/25/17 D Matt Niskanen Lower Body "?" Tuesday vs NY Rangers
02/25/17 RW T.J. Oshie Undisclosed "?" Tuesday vs NY Rangers
02/10/17 LW Andre Burakovsky Hand out indefinitely
New York Rangers Injuries
02/26/17 D Kevin Klein Upper Body expected to miss Tuesday vs. Montreal
01/18/17 RW Jesper Fast Upper Body out indefinitely
Guy's Pick: Take New York -115
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.