Tuesday, January 24, 2017
Canadian Tire Centre
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Washington Capitals head to Canadian Tire Centre to take on the Ottawa Senators on Tuesday, January 24, 2017. The opening line for this contest has the Capitals at -135 and the Senators at +122. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Washington comes into this game having played 46 games. They have an overall record of 31-9-6 and away from home they have a record of 13-4-5. The currently are 1st in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 149 goals and surrendered 100 goals for a point differential of +49. The Capitals have an overall record of 9-0-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 30-15 and an over/under record of 20-17-9. Ottawa shows up with a record of 25-15-5 including 13-7-5 at home this season. They are 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 122 goals and surrendered 120 for a goal differential of +2. The Senators have a record of 5-3-2 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 21-20 while their over/under record sits at 19-24-2.
Alex Ovechkin has accumulated 42 total points this season for the Capitals. He has 22 goals this season with 175 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 20 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Marcus Johansson has averaged 17 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 22% by scoring 15 goals on 68 shots. He has 17 assists giving him a total of 32 points on the season. Braden Holtby has 22 wins and 8 losses this season in net for the Capitals. He has had 981 shots against him and has given up 70 goals. He has made 911 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Our handicappers are experts on NHL betting. Check out our NHL betting tips.
Erik Karlsson has accumulated 39 total points this season for the Senators. He has 7 goals this season with 103 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 32 assists on the season and averages 27 minutes played per game. Mark Stone has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 20% by scoring 16 goals on 79 shots. He has 19 assists giving him a total of 35 points on the season. Mike Condon has 13 wins and 7 losses this season in net for the Senators. He has had 690 shots against him and has given up 59 goals. He has made 631 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Capitals have 68 total points this season. They have scored 149 goals while giving up 100 goals. They have had 138 power play opportunities and have scored 28 goals on those chances for a percentage of 20%. The Capitals have allowed 164 power play opportunities and given up 23 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 86%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 10.88% for the season to this point. They allow 28 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 93%.
The Senators have a total of 55 points on the season. They have 25 power play goals on 142 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 18%. They have allowed 147 power play opportunities and have given up 27 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. As a team, the Capitals have a total of 122 goals scored while they've given up 120 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.41%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Washington has a Corsi percentage of 51.5% as they've attempted 2,613 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,461 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 51.1% as they have 1,937 attempts while they've given up 1,854 shots on the defensive end. The Capitals start possessions in the offensive zone 52% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 48% for the season. They have 1,376 face off wins compared to 1,351 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 50.5%. On defense Washington has 975 hits and they've blocked 607 shots from the opposition.
Ottawa has attempted 2,468 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,702 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 47.7% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 48.2% as they have 1,803 shots while they've given up 1,941 attempts on defense. The Senators have an offensive zone percentage of 51.8% and their defensive zone percentage is 48.2% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.8% as they've compiled 1,432 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,387 face off losses. On defense Ottawa has blocked 761 shot attempts and they have 1,184 hits as a unit.
Washington Capitals Betting Trends
The Washington Capitals are 30-15 straight up
The Washington Capitals are 20-17-9 against the over/under
Ottawa Senators Betting Trends
The Ottawa Senators are 21-20 straight up
The Ottawa Senators are 19-24-2 against the over/under
Washington Capitals Injuries
01/21/17 D John Carlson Lower Body "?" Monday vs Carolina
Ottawa Senators Injuries
12/22/16 GO Andrew Hammond Ankle out indefinitely
12/13/16 GO Craig Anderson Personal out indefinitely
10/09/16 LW Clarke MacArthur Concussion out for season
01/22/17 D Mark Borowiecki Flu "?" Tuesday vs Washington
Josh's Pick: Take Washington -135
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.