Winnipeg Jets at Dallas Stars NHL Picks & Predictions 11/6/2017
Monday, November 6, 2017
American Airlines Center
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Winnipeg Jets travel to American Airlines Center to play the Dallas Stars on Monday, November 6, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Jets at +122 and the Stars at -135.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Winnipeg has a record of 7-3-3 this season and on the road they have a record of 3-1-2. They are 2nd in the Central Division. They've scored 42 goals and given up 39 goals for a point differential of +3. For the season they have an ATS record of 7-6-0 and an over/under record of 9-4-0. Dallas is 8-6-0 including 5-1-0 at home this season. They are 4th in the Central Division. They've scored 41 goals and surrendered 39 for a goal differential of +2. Their record against the spread is 8-6-0 while their over/under record is 7-6-0.
Valuable Winnipeg Jets Betting Trends
The Winnipeg Jets are 7-6-0 straight up this year
The Winnipeg Jets are 9-4-0 against the over/under this season
Important Dallas Stars Betting Trends
The Dallas Stars are 8-6-0 straight up this year
The Dallas Stars are 7-6-0 against the over/under this season
Key Winnipeg Jets Injuries
10/17/17 C Adam Lowry Upper Body IR (10/17)
10/16/17 C Mathieu Perreault Lower Body IR (10/16)
Key Dallas Stars Injuries
11/04/17 RW Brett Ritchie Upper Body is out indefinitely
11/04/17 C Martin Hanzal Lower Body is OUT Monday vs. Winnipeg
11/04/17 C Radek Faksa Lower Body injured last game, is "?" Monday vs. Winnipeg
Nikolaj Ehlers has accumulated 11 total points this season for the Jets. He has 8 goals this year with 36 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 22%. He has a total of 3 assists on the season and averages 16.9 minutes played per game. Mark Scheifele averages 21.7 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 29% by scoring 7 goals on 24 shots. He has 8 assists, giving him a total of 15 points on the season. Connor Hellebuyck has 7 wins and 0 losses this season in net for the Jets. He has 308 shots against him and he's given up 21 goals. He's made 287 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Jamie Benn has scored 14 total points this year for the Stars. He has 7 goals this season with 40 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 18%. He has a total of 7 assists on the season and averages 19.5 minutes played per game. Tyler Seguin averages 20.4 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 8 goals on 60 shots. He has 7 assists, giving him a total of 15 points on the season. Ben Bishop has 6 wins and 3 losses this year in goal for the Stars. He has 312 shots against him and he's surrendered 27 goals. He's made 285 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Jets have 17 total points this season, which ranks them 9th in the NHL. They are 17th in the league in goals scored with 42 while they've given up 39 goals, ranking them 19th overall. They have had 43 power play opportunities and have scored 10 goals on those chances for a percentage of 23%. That is 7th in the NHL. The Jets have allowed 47 power play opportunities and have given up 11 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 77%, putting them 26th in the league when short-handed. They average 28 shots per game and as a team shoot 11.70% for the season. They allow 35 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%. That puts them 11th in the league in stopping the puck.
Useful Team Statistics
The Stars are 12th in the NHL with a total of 16 points this year. They have 13 power play goals on 40 opportunities for a percentage of 33%. That ranks them 1st in the league as a power play unit. They've allowed 49 power play opportunities and have given up 6 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 88%. That is 3rd in the NHL. As a team, the Stars are 18th in the league with 41 goals scored while they've given up 39 goals, which is 17th overall. They average 32 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.26%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%. That is 16th in the NHL.
Winnipeg has a Corsi percentage of 43.7% as they've tried 642 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 826 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. That ranks them 31st in Corsi percentage. They are 31st in the NHL in Fenwick percentage with 43.4% as they have 476 shots while they've given up 620 attempts on defense. The Jets start possessions in the offensive zone 44.1% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 55.9% for the year. That puts them 30th and 3rd in the league in zone percentages respectively. They have 408 face-off wins as opposed to 398 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 50.6%. That is 18th overall in the NHL. On defense Winnipeg has 241 hits and they've blocked 206 attempts from opposing offenses, which is 9th in the league.
The Stars start possessions in the offensive zone 45.1% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 54.9% for the year. That ranks them 28th and 5th respectively in the NHL. They have 472 face-off wins as opposed to 446 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 51.4%. That is 14th in the league. On defense Dallas has 298 hits and they've blocked 211 attempts from opposing offenses, ranking them 8th in blocked shots. Dallas is ranked 8th in Corsi percentage with 51.1% as they've tried 823 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 788 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. Their Fenwick percentage is 6th in the NHL at 51.9%, as they have 623 shots while they've given up 577 attempts on defense.
Who will win tonight's Jets/Stars NHL game against the spread? Josh's Pick: Take Dallas -135 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Josh's Pick: Take Dallas -135
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.