Wednesday, January 4, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Winnipeg Jets travel to BB&T Center to play the Florida Panthers on Wednesday, January 4, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Jets at +136 and the Panthers at -150. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Winnipeg comes into this matchup having played 39 games. They have an overall record of 17-19-3 and on the road they have a record of 7-11-2. Currently they are 6th in the Central Division. They've scored 103 goals and given up 117 goals for a point differential of -14. The Jets have an overall record of 4-6-0 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 15-22 and an over/under record of 15-19-5. Florida shows up with a record of 16-14-8 including 9-6-3 at home this season. They are 6th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 92 goals and surrendered 104 for a goal differential of -12. The Panthers have a record of 4-2-4 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 13-22 while their over/under record sits at 16-16-6.
Blake Wheeler has accumulated 29 total points this season for the Jets. He has 11 goals this season with 111 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 18 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Mark Scheifele has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 18% by scoring 15 goals on 83 shots. He has 18 assists giving him a total of 33 points on the season. Connor Hellebuyck has 13 wins and 12 losses this season in net for the Jets. He has had 771 shots against him and has given up 70 goals. He has made 701 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Aleksander Barkov has accumulated 27 total points this season for the Panthers. He has 9 goals this season with 88 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 18 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Jaromir Jagr has averaged 17 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 8% by scoring 7 goals on 92 shots. He has 16 assists giving him a total of 23 points on the season. Roberto Luongo has 11 wins and 9 losses this season in net for the Panthers. He has had 759 shots against him and has given up 61 goals. He has made 698 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Jets have 37 total points this season. They have scored 103 goals while giving up 117 goals. They have had 126 power play opportunities and have scored 21 goals on those chances for a percentage of 17%. The Jets have allowed 138 power play opportunities and given up 33 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 76%. They average 28 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.34% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 90%.
The Panthers have a total of 40 points on the season. They have 21 power play goals on 130 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 16%. They have allowed 120 power play opportunities and have given up 19 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. As a team, the Jets have a total of 92 goals scored while they've given up 104 goals to this point. They average 32 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 7.53%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Winnipeg has a Corsi percentage of 48.4% as they've attempted 2,013 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,148 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 48.7% as they have 1,518 attempts while they've given up 1,600 shots on the defensive end. The Jets start possessions in the offensive zone 50% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 50% for the season. They have 1,077 face off wins compared to 1,204 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 47.2%. On defense Winnipeg has 923 hits and they've blocked 548 shots from the opposition.
Florida has attempted 2,239 shots at full strength and they've given up 1,989 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 53% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 52.4% as they have 1,712 shots while they've given up 1,556 attempts on defense. The Panthers have an offensive zone percentage of 53.3% and their defensive zone percentage is 46.7% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 48.1% as they've compiled 1,129 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,219 face off losses. On defense Florida has blocked 433 shot attempts and they have 799 hits as a unit.
Winnipeg Jets Betting Trends
The Winnipeg Jets are 15-22 straight up
The Winnipeg Jets are 15-19-5 against the over/under
Florida Panthers Betting Trends
The Florida Panthers are 13-22 straight up
The Florida Panthers are 16-16-6 against the over/under
Winnipeg Jets Injuries
12/30/16 D Marko Dano Lower Body expected to miss 8 weeks
11/23/16 D Tyler Myers Lower Body out indefinitely
Florida Panthers Injuries
12/31/16 C Colton Sceviour Shoulder "?" Wednesday vs. Winnipeg
12/30/16 C Aleksander Barkov Lower Body expected to miss 2-3 weeks
11/21/16 D Alex Petrovic Lower Body out indefinitely
10/10/16 LW Jonathan Huberdeau Achilles expected to miss 3-4 months
Josh's Pick: Take Florida -150
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.