Saturday, February 18, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Winnipeg Jets head to Bell Centre to take on the Montreal Canadiens on Saturday, February 18, 2017. The opening line for this contest has the Jets at +148 and the Canadiens at -170. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Winnipeg comes into this game having played 60 games. They have an overall record of 26-29-4 and away from home they have a record of 12-15-4. The currently are 5th in the Central Division. They've scored 174 goals and surrendered 191 goals for a point differential of -17. The Jets have an overall record of 4-5-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 24-33 and an over/under record of 31-23-6. Montreal shows up with a record of 31-19-8 including 18-7-4 at home this season. They are 1st in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 165 goals and surrendered 150 for a goal differential of +15. The Canadiens have a record of 3-6-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 30-27 while their over/under record sits at 24-24-10.
Blake Wheeler has accumulated 48 total points this season for the Jets. He has 17 goals this season with 190 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 31 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Mark Scheifele has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 21% by scoring 25 goals on 121 shots. He has 31 assists giving him a total of 56 points on the season. Connor Hellebuyck has 18 wins and 15 losses this season in net for the Jets. He has had 1,066 shots against him and has given up 96 goals. He has made 970 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Our handicappers are experts on NHL betting. Check out our NHL betting tips.
Max Pacioretty has accumulated 50 total points this season for the Canadiens. He has 28 goals this season with 183 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 15%. He has a total of 22 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Alexander Radulov has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 14 goals on 107 shots. He has 28 assists giving him a total of 42 points on the season. Carey Price has 24 wins and 14 losses this season in net for the Canadiens. He has had 1,272 shots against him and has given up 105 goals. He has made 1,167 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Jets have 56 total points this season. They have scored 171 goals while giving up 187 goals. They have had 186 power play opportunities and have scored 34 goals on those chances for a percentage of 18%. The Jets have allowed 200 power play opportunities and given up 46 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 77%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.88% for the season to this point. They allow 31 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 90%.
The Canadiens have a total of 70 points on the season. They have 37 power play goals on 174 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 21%. They have allowed 204 power play opportunities and have given up 42 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%. As a team, the Jets have a total of 165 goals scored while they've given up 150 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.64%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Winnipeg has a Corsi percentage of 48.9% as they've attempted 3,133 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,273 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 49.1% as they have 2,362 attempts while they've given up 2,444 shots on the defensive end. The Jets start possessions in the offensive zone 50.1% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 49.9% for the season. They have 1,653 face off wins compared to 1,823 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 47.6%. On defense Winnipeg has 1,307 hits and they've blocked 829 shots from the opposition.
Montreal has attempted 3,316 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,187 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 51% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.9% as they have 2,408 shots while they've given up 2,324 attempts on defense. The Canadiens have an offensive zone percentage of 49% and their defensive zone percentage is 51% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.3% as they've compiled 1,788 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,769 face off losses. On defense Montreal has blocked 863 shot attempts and they have 1,204 hits as a unit.
Winnipeg Jets Betting Trends
The Winnipeg Jets are 24-33 straight up
The Winnipeg Jets are 31-23-6 against the over/under
Montreal Canadiens Betting Trends
The Montreal Canadiens are 30-27 straight up
The Montreal Canadiens are 24-24-10 against the over/under
Winnipeg Jets Injuries
12/30/16 D Marko Dano Leg expected to miss 8 weeks
11/23/16 D Tyler Myers Lower Body out indefinitely
02/15/17 C Andrew Copp Upper Body out indefinitely
02/13/17 D Toby Enstrom Lower Body out indefinitely
02/09/17 GO Ondrej Pavelec Lower Body expected to miss 7-10 days
Montreal Canadiens Injuries
No key injuries to report
Tony's Pick: Take Winnipeg +148
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.