Anaheim Ducks at Arizona Coyotes NHL Picks & Predictions 4/7/2018
Saturday, April 7, 2018
Gila River Arena
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Anaheim Ducks head to Gila River Arena to take on the Arizona Coyotes on Saturday, April 7, 2018. The opening line for this contest has the Ducks at -175 and the Coyotes at +158.
Anaheim has a record of 42-25-13 this year and away from home they have a record of 17-15-8-5. They are 4th in the Pacific Division. They have tallied 227 goals and surrendered 213 goals for a point differential of +14. For the year they have an ATS mark of 42-38-0 and an over/under record of 31-48-0. Arizona has a record of 29-40-12 including 16-20-4-3 on home ice this year. They are 8th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 208 goals and have given up 253 for a goal differential of -45. Their record against the spread is 29-52-0 while their over/under mark is 38-42-0.
Valuable Anaheim Ducks Betting Trends
The Anaheim Ducks are 42-38-0 straight up this year
The Anaheim Ducks are 31-48-0 against the over/under this season
Important Arizona Coyotes Betting Trends
The Arizona Coyotes are 29-52-0 straight up this year
The Arizona Coyotes are 38-42-0 against the over/under this season
Key Anaheim Ducks Injuries
10/22/17 RW Patrick Eaves Illness IR (10/14)
04/05/18 D Cam Fowler Undisclosed is out indefinitely
04/04/18 GO John Gibson Upper Body is "?" Friday vs Dallas
03/16/18 D Kevin Bieksa Hand IR (03/15)
Key Arizona Coyotes Injuries
04/04/18 D Jakob Chychrun Lower Body is out for season
03/26/18 D Niklas Hjalmarsson Lower Body is out for season
03/20/18 D Jason Demers Upper Body is out for season
03/11/18 C Laurent Dauphin Lower Body is out indefinitely
Ryan Getzlaf has scored 58 total points this year for the Ducks. He has 11 goals this season with 116 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 47 assists on the year and averages 21.4 minutes played per contest. Rickard Rakell averages 19.4 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by tallying 32 goals on 221 attempts. He has 34 assists, giving him a total of 66 points on the year. John Gibson has 31 wins and 18 losses this season in goal for the Ducks. He has 1,872 shots against him and he's surrendered 139 goals. He's made 1,733 stops for a save percentage of 93%.
Derek Stepan has 56 total points this season for the Coyotes. He has 14 goals this year with 207 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 42 assists on the year and averages 19.2 minutes played per contest. Clayton Keller averages 18 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 23 goals on 207 attempts. He has 42 assists, giving him a total of 65 points on the year. Antti Raanta has 21 wins and 16 losses this season in net for the Coyotes. He has 1,362 shots against him and he's given up 95 goals. He's made 1,267 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Ducks have 97 total points this year, which is 12th in the NHL. They've scored 227 goals while giving up 213 scores, which has them ranked 21st and 28th respectively. They have had 208 power play chances and scored 36 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 17%. That is 23rd in the league. The Ducks have given up 269 power play opportunities and surrendered 46 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%, ranking them 5th when short-handed. They average 30 shots per contest and as a team shoot 9.40% for the year. They allow 33 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 92%, which is 1st in the league.
Useful Team Statistics
The Coyotes are 29th in the league with a total of 70 points this season. They have 41 power play goals on 239 chances for a percentage of 17%. That is 26th in the NHL. They've given up 222 power play opportunities and surrendered 45 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%, ranking 18th overall. As a team, the Coyotes are 29th with a total of 208 goals scored while they've given up 253 goals this season, ranking 9th in goals against. They average 30 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 8.60%. As a unit they give up 32 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 91%, putting them 20th overall in the NHL.
Anaheim is 24th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 47.7%, as they've attempted 4,539 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,970 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is 47.7% as they have 3,436 attempts while they have given up 3,767 shots on the defensive end. That ranks them 23rd in the league. The Ducks start possessions in the offensive zone 47.6% of the time, which is 26th in the league, while their defensive zone percentage is at 52.4% for the season. That is 2nd overall in the NHL. They have 2,444 face-off wins compared to 2,319 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 51.3%. That ranks them 8th in the league. On defense Anaheim has 1,921 hits and they have blocked 1,203 shots from the opposition, putting them 14th overall.
The Coyotes start possessions in the offensive zone 48.4% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 51.6% for the year. That ranks them 27th and 3rd respectively in the NHL. They have 2,402 face-off wins as opposed to 2,629 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 47.7%. That is 27th in the league. On defense Arizona has 1,976 hits and they've blocked 1,176 attempts from opposing offenses, ranking them 18th in blocked shots. Arizona is ranked 20th in Corsi percentage with 48.5% as they've tried 4,693 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 4,988 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. Their Fenwick percentage is 27th in the NHL at 47.3%, as they have 3,428 shots while they've given up 3,812 attempts on defense.
Who will win tonight's Ducks/Coyotes NHL game against the spread? Tony's Pick: Take Anaheim -175 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Tony's Pick: Take Anaheim -175
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.