Carolina Hurricanes at Washington Capitals NHL Parlay 1/11/2018
Thursday, January 11, 2018
Capital One Arena
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Carolina Hurricanes head to Capital One Arena to take on the Washington Capitals on Thursday, January 11, 2018. The opening line for this contest has the Hurricanes at +136 and the Capitals at -150.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Carolina has a record of 19-15-8 this year and away from home they have a record of 9-11-4-2. They are 7th in the Metropolitan Division. They've tallied 119 goals and surrendered 131 goals for a point differential of -12. For the year they have an ATS mark of 19-23-0 and an over/under record of 20-20-0. Washington has a record of 27-13-3, including 18-5-0-0 on home ice this year. They are 1st in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 135 goals and have given up 121 for a goal differential of +14. Their record against the spread is 27-16-0 while their over/under mark is 24-19-0.
Valuable Carolina Hurricanes Betting Trends
The Carolina Hurricanes are 19-23-0 straight up this year
The Carolina Hurricanes are 20-20-0 against the over/under this season
Important Washington Capitals Betting Trends
The Washington Capitals are 27-16-0 straight up this year
The Washington Capitals are 24-19-0 against the over/under this season
Key Carolina Hurricanes Injuries
01/09/18 RW Lee Stempniak Upper Body is "?" Thursday vs Washington
Key Washington Capitals Injuries
No key injuries to report
Player SpotlightCam Ward has 11 wins and 4 losses this season in goal for the Hurricanes. He has 506 shots against him and he's surrendered 47 goals. He's made 459 stops for a save percentage of 91%. Sebastian Aho has scored 34 total points this year for the Hurricanes. He has 14 goals this season with 119 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 20 assists on the year and averages 17.9 minutes played per contest. Teuvo Teravainen averages 16.7 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by tallying 11 goals on 85 attempts. He has 24 assists, giving him a total of 35 points on the year.
Alex Ovechkin has 46 total points this season for the Capitals. He has 27 goals this year with 185 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 15%. He has a total of 19 assists on the year and averages 19.6 minutes played per contest. Braden Holtby has 24 wins and 8 losses this season in net for the Capitals. He has 996 shots against him and he's given up 83 goals. He's made 913 saves for a save percentage of 92%. Nicklas Backstrom averages 19.6 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by scoring 9 goals on 78 attempts. He has 27 assists, giving him a total of 36 points on the year.
Useful Team StatisticsThe Hurricanes have given up 100 power play opportunities and surrendered 21 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79% this season. That is 24th in the league. They average 34 shots per contest and as a team shoot 8.25% for the year. They allow 29 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 90%, ranking them 26th in the NHL at stopping the puck. The Hurricanes are 21st overall with 46 total points this year. They are 21st in the league with 119 goals and 9th in goals allowed with 131. They've had 135 power play chances and scored 23 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 17%. That is 23rd in the NHL.
Useful Team Statistics
As a team, the Capitals are 7th with a total of 135 goals scored while they are 20th with 121 goals surrendered this season. They average 29 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 10.82%. As a unit they give up 32 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 91%, putting them 13th in the league. The Capitals have a total of 57 points this season, which is 4th in the NHL. They have had 26 power play goals on 131 chances for a percentage of 20%. That is 14th overall. They've given up 147 power play opportunities and surrendered 30 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%, ranking 22nd when short-handed.
Carolina has a Corsi percentage of 54.4% as they've tried 2,707 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 2,273 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. That ranks them 1st in Corsi percentage. They are 1st in the NHL in Fenwick percentage with 53.9% as they have 2,011 shots while they've given up 1,719 attempts on defense. The Hurricanes start possessions in the offensive zone 58.6% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 41.4% for the year. That puts them 1st and 31st in the league in zone percentages respectively. They have 1,294 face-off wins as opposed to 1,190 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 52.1%. That is 5th overall in the NHL. On defense Carolina has 809 hits and they've blocked 554 attempts from opposing offenses, which is 29th in the league.
The Capitals start possessions in the offensive zone 50.2% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 49.8% for the year. That ranks them 20th and 13th respectively in the NHL. They have 1,308 face-off wins as opposed to 1,250 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 51.1%. That is 14th in the league. On defense Washington has 968 hits and they've blocked 634 attempts from opposing offenses, ranking them 14th in blocked shots. Washington is ranked 28th in Corsi percentage with 47.9% as they've tried 2,399 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 2,614 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. Their Fenwick percentage is 30th in the NHL at 47%, as they have 1,758 shots while they've given up 1,980 attempts on defense.
So what is Tonights Parlay prediction? Parlays Pundit's Pick: Take Washington -150 and under 5.5 total goals
Parlays Pundit's Pick: Take Washington -150 and under 5.5 total goals
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.