Columbus Blue Jackets at Philadelphia Flyers NHL Parlay 12/22/2018
Saturday, December 22, 2018
Wells Fargo Center
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Columbus Blue Jackets head to Wells Fargo Center to take on the Philadelphia Flyers on Saturday, December 22, 2018. The opening line for this contest has the Blue Jackets at -110 and the Flyers at -118.
Columbus has a record of 19-12-3 this year. They are 2nd in the Metropolitan Division. They've tallied 110 goals and surrendered 106 goals for a point differential of +4. For the year they have an ATS mark of 18-15-0 and an over/under record of 12-18-0. Philadelphia has a record of 14-15-4 this season. They are 7th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 98 goals and given up 119 for a goal differential of -21. Their record against the spread is 13-19-0 while their over/under mark is 19-13-0.
Valuable Columbus Blue Jackets Betting Trends
The Columbus Blue Jackets are 18-15-0 straight up this year
The Columbus Blue Jackets are 12-18-0 against the over/under this season
Important Philadelphia Flyers Betting Trends
The Philadelphia Flyers are 13-19-0 straight up this year
The Philadelphia Flyers are 19-13-0 against the over/under this season
Key Columbus Blue Jackets Injuries
No key injuries to report
Key Philadelphia Flyers Injuries
12/17/18 GO Anthony Stolarz Lower Body is out 2-4 weeks
11/16/18 GO Brian Elliott Lower Body is out indefinitely
10/30/18 C Corban Knight Upper Body IR (10/28)
10/03/18 D Samuel Morin Knee IR (10/03)
Sergei Bobrovsky has 14 wins and 10 losses this season in goal for the Blue Jackets. He has 717 shots against him and he's surrendered 66 goals. He's made 651 stops for a save percentage of 91%. Cam Atkinson has scored 35 total points this year for the Blue Jackets. He has 20 goals this season with 132 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 15%. He has a total of 15 assists on the year and averages 19.3 minutes played per contest. Artemi Panarin averages 19.9 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by tallying 9 goals on 91 attempts. He has 25 assists, giving him a total of 34 points on the year.
Jakub Voracek has 26 total points this season for the Flyers. He has 9 goals this year with 83 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 17 assists on the year and averages 18.6 minutes played per contest. Carter Hart has 2 wins and 0 losses this season in net for the Flyers. He has 54 shots against him and he's given up 3 goals. He's made 51 saves for a save percentage of 94%. Claude Giroux averages 20.6 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 12 goals on 107 attempts. He has 29 assists, giving him a total of 41 points on the year.
Useful Team Statistics
The Blue Jackets have given up 96 power play opportunities and surrendered 19 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80% this season. That is 14th in the league. They average 33 shots per contest and as a team shoot 9.83% for the year. They allow 30 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 90%, ranking them 22nd in the NHL at stopping the puck. The Blue Jackets are 14th overall with 41 total points this year. They are 13th in the league with 110 goals and 15th in goals allowed with 106. They've had 110 power play chances and scored 16 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 15%. That is 26th in the NHL.
Useful Team Statistics
As a team, the Flyers are 21st with a total of 98 goals scored while they are 7th with 119 goals surrendered this season. They average 32 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 9.41%. As a unit they give up 30 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 88%, putting them 31st in the league. The Flyers have a total of 32 points this season, which is 26th in the NHL. They have had 12 power play goals on 99 chances for a percentage of 12%. That is 31st overall. They've given up 111 power play opportunities and surrendered 28 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 75%, ranking 28th when short-handed.
Columbus is 12th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 50.7%, as they've attempted 1,929 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,878 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is 52.1% as they have 1,532 attempts while they have given up 1,406 shots on the defensive end. That ranks them 9th in the league. The Blue Jackets start possessions in the offensive zone 52.4% of the time, which is 10th in the league, while their defensive zone percentage is at 47.6% for the season. That is 22nd overall in the NHL. They have 1,003 face-off wins compared to 1,051 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 48.8%. That ranks them 21st in the league. On defense Columbus has 621 hits and they have blocked 472 shots from the opposition, putting them 23rd overall.
The Flyers are 19th in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 49.2% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage is at 50.8% for the season, which is 13th in the NHL. They have 1,035 face-off wins compared to 843 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 55.1%. That is 1st in the league. On defense Philadelphia has 749 hits and they have blocked 478 shots from the opposition, which is 22nd in the league. Philadelphia is 8th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 51.6% as they've attempted 1,928 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,807 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 52.2% ranks 8th as they have 1,450 attempts while they have given up 1,329 shots on the defensive end.
So what is Tonights Parlay prediction? Parlays Pundit's Pick: Take Columbus -110 and over 6 total goals
Parlays Pundit's Pick: Take Columbus -110 and over 6 total goals
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.