Dallas Stars at Los Angeles Kings NHL Picks & Predictions 4/7/2018
Saturday, April 7, 2018
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Dallas Stars head to Staples Center to take on the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday, April 7, 2018. The opening line for this contest has the Stars at +165 and the Kings at -195.
Dallas has a record of 41-31-8 this year and away from home they have a record of 15-19-5-3. They are 6th in the Central Division. They have tallied 228 goals and surrendered 218 goals for a point differential of +10. For the year they have an ATS mark of 41-39-0 and an over/under record of 40-38-0. Los Angeles has a record of 45-28-8 including 23-14-3-0 on home ice this year. They are 3rd in the Pacific Division. They've scored 237 goals and have given up 199 for a goal differential of +38. Their record against the spread is 45-36-0 while their over/under mark is 36-42-0.
Valuable Dallas Stars Betting Trends
The Dallas Stars are 41-39-0 straight up this year
The Dallas Stars are 40-38-0 against the over/under this season
Important Los Angeles Kings Betting Trends
The Los Angeles Kings are 45-36-0 straight up this year
The Los Angeles Kings are 36-42-0 against the over/under this season
Key Dallas Stars Injuries
04/05/18 D Stephen Johns Upper Body is out indefinitely
04/03/18 GO Kari Lehtonen Neck left last game, is doubtful Friday vs Anaheim
03/18/18 GO Ben Bishop Knee is out indefinitely
03/01/18 C Martin Hanzal Back is out for season
Key Los Angeles Kings Injuries
04/06/18 C Alex Iafallo Upper Body is "?" Saturday vs Dallas
04/06/18 D Derek Forbort Lower Body is "?" Saturday vs Dallas
03/29/18 D Jake Muzzin Upper Body is out indefinitely
Jamie Benn has scored 74 total points this year for the Stars. He has 32 goals this season with 236 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 42 assists on the year and averages 19.8 minutes played per contest. Tyler Seguin averages 20.9 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by tallying 40 goals on 332 attempts. He has 37 assists, giving him a total of 77 points on the year. Kari Lehtonen has 14 wins and 14 losses this season in goal for the Stars. He has 910 shots against him and he's surrendered 81 goals. He's made 829 stops for a save percentage of 91%.
Anze Kopitar has 92 total points this season for the Kings. He has 35 goals this year with 195 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 18%. He has a total of 57 assists on the year and averages 22.1 minutes played per contest. Dustin Brown averages 19.8 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 28 goals on 220 attempts. He has 33 assists, giving him a total of 61 points on the year. Jonathan Quick has 33 wins and 27 losses this season in net for the Kings. He has 1,849 shots against him and he's given up 143 goals. He's made 1,706 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Stars have 90 total points this year, which is 19th in the NHL. They've scored 228 goals while giving up 218 scores, which has them ranked 20th and 25th respectively. They have had 242 power play chances and scored 47 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 19%. That is 19th in the league. The Stars have given up 274 power play opportunities and surrendered 53 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%, ranking them 14th when short-handed. They average 31 shots per contest and as a team shoot 9.06% for the year. They allow 30 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 91%, which is 14th in the league.
Useful Team Statistics
The Kings are 10th in the league with a total of 98 points this season. They have 49 power play goals on 237 chances for a percentage of 21%. That is 16th in the NHL. They've given up 259 power play opportunities and surrendered 39 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 85%, ranking 1st overall. As a team, the Kings are 17th with a total of 237 goals scored while they've given up 199 goals this season, ranking 31st in goals against. They average 31 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 9.45%. As a unit they give up 31 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 92%, putting them 3rd overall in the NHL.
Dallas is 9th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 50.8%, as they've attempted 4,692 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,546 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is 51.1% as they have 3,456 attempts while they have given up 3,302 shots on the defensive end. That ranks them 10th in the league. The Stars start possessions in the offensive zone 48.3% of the time, which is 28th in the league, while their defensive zone percentage is at 51.7% for the season. That is 4th overall in the NHL. They have 2,642 face-off wins compared to 2,396 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 52.4%. That ranks them 5th in the league. On defense Dallas has 1,840 hits and they have blocked 1,244 shots from the opposition, putting them 7th overall.
The Kings start possessions in the offensive zone 51% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 49% for the year. That ranks them 13th and 17th respectively in the NHL. They have 2,406 face-off wins as opposed to 2,424 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 49.8%. That is 13th in the league. On defense Los Angeles has 2,100 hits and they've blocked 1,192 attempts from opposing offenses, ranking them 17th in blocked shots. Los Angeles is ranked 16th in Corsi percentage with 49.6% as they've tried 4,677 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 4,760 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. Their Fenwick percentage is 16th in the NHL at 49.6%, as they have 3,508 shots while they've given up 3,568 attempts on defense.
Who will win tonight's Stars/Kings NHL game against the spread? Guy's Pick: Take Dallas +165 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Guy's Pick: Take Dallas +165
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.