Dallas Stars at Minnesota Wild NHL Picks & Predictions 3/29/2018
Thursday, March 29, 2018
Xcel Energy Center
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Dallas Stars head to Xcel Energy Center to take on the Minnesota Wild on Thursday, March 29, 2018. The opening line for this contest has the Stars at +136 and the Wild at -150.
Dallas has a record of 39-30-8 this year and away from home they have a record of 14-18-5-3. They are 6th in the Central Division. They have tallied 218 goals and surrendered 210 goals for a point differential of +8. For the year they have an ATS mark of 39-38-0 and an over/under record of 38-37-0. Minnesota has a record of 42-24-10 including 25-6-8-1 on home ice this year. They are 3rd in the Central Division. They've scored 233 goals and have given up 215 for a goal differential of +18. Their record against the spread is 42-34-0 while their over/under mark is 38-34-0.
Valuable Dallas Stars Betting Trends
The Dallas Stars are 39-38-0 straight up this year
The Dallas Stars are 38-37-0 against the over/under this season
Important Minnesota Wild Betting Trends
The Minnesota Wild are 42-34-0 straight up this year
The Minnesota Wild are 38-34-0 against the over/under this season
Key Dallas Stars Injuries
03/18/18 GO Ben Bishop Knee is out indefinitely
03/01/18 C Martin Hanzal Back is out for season
Key Minnesota Wild Injuries
03/15/18 D Jared Spurgeon Groin is out indefinitely
03/05/18 C Luke Kunin ACL is out for season
Jamie Benn has scored 69 total points this year for the Stars. He has 28 goals this season with 227 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 41 assists on the year and averages 19.8 minutes played per contest. Tyler Seguin averages 20.8 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by tallying 39 goals on 316 attempts. He has 34 assists, giving him a total of 73 points on the year. Kari Lehtonen has 13 wins and 13 losses this season in goal for the Stars. He has 841 shots against him and he's surrendered 74 goals. He's made 767 stops for a save percentage of 91%.
Jason Zucker has 59 total points this season for the Wild. He has 30 goals this year with 201 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 15%. He has a total of 29 assists on the year and averages 17 minutes played per contest. Eric Staal averages 17.9 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 18% by scoring 40 goals on 219 attempts. He has 33 assists, giving him a total of 73 points on the year. Devan Dubnyk has 32 wins and 14 losses this season in net for the Wild. He has 1,622 shots against him and he's given up 135 goals. He's made 1,487 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Stars have 86 total points this year, which is 18th in the NHL. They've scored 218 goals while giving up 210 scores, which has them ranked 21st and 23rd respectively. They have had 234 power play chances and scored 47 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 20%. That is 18th in the league. The Stars have given up 267 power play opportunities and surrendered 49 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%, ranking them 11th when short-handed. They average 32 shots per contest and as a team shoot 8.99% for the year. They allow 30 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 91%, which is 15th in the league.
Useful Team Statistics
The Wild are 9th in the league with a total of 94 points this season. They have 45 power play goals on 227 chances for a percentage of 20%. That is 19th in the NHL. They've given up 252 power play opportunities and surrendered 50 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%, ranking 17th overall. As a team, the Wild are 12th with a total of 233 goals scored while they've given up 215 goals this season, ranking 21st in goals against. They average 30 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 10.12%. As a unit they give up 31 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 91%, putting them 14th overall in the NHL.
Dallas is 8th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 50.8%, as they've attempted 4,528 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,387 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is 51.2% as they have 3,331 attempts while they have given up 3,180 shots on the defensive end. That ranks them 9th in the league. The Stars start possessions in the offensive zone 48.4% of the time, which is 28th in the league, while their defensive zone percentage is at 51.6% for the season. That is 3rd overall in the NHL. They have 2,555 face-off wins compared to 2,303 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 52.6%. That ranks them 2nd in the league. On defense Dallas has 1,774 hits and they have blocked 1,207 shots from the opposition, putting them 5th overall.
The Wild start possessions in the offensive zone 48.6% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 51.4% for the year. That ranks them 23rd and 8th respectively in the NHL. They have 2,241 face-off wins as opposed to 2,253 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 49.9%. That is 16th in the league. On defense Minnesota has 1,271 hits and they've blocked 1,207 attempts from opposing offenses, ranking them 6th in blocked shots. Minnesota is ranked 28th in Corsi percentage with 46.9% as they've tried 4,039 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 4,580 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. Their Fenwick percentage is 24th in the NHL at 47.9%, as they have 3,107 shots while they've given up 3,373 attempts on defense.
Who will win tonight's Stars/Wild NHL game against the spread? Guy's Pick: Take Dallas +136
Guy's Pick: Take Dallas +136
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's Expert Expert NHL Picks.