Detroit Red Wings at Washington Capitals NHL Picks & Predictions 2/11/2018
Sunday, February 11, 2018
Capital One Arena
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Detroit Red Wings travel to Capital One Arena to play the Washington Capitals on Sunday, February 11, 2018. The opening line for this game has the Red Wings at +158 and the Capitals at -175.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Detroit has a record of 21-23-9 this season and on the road they have a record of 10-12-2-0. They are 5th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 142 goals and given up 161 goals for a point differential of -19. For the season they have an ATS record of 21-32-0 and an over/under record of 23-30-0. Washington has a record of 32-17-5 including 20-8-1-0 at home this season. They are 1st in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 169 goals and surrendered 156 for a goal differential of +13. Their record against the spread is 32-22-0 while their over/under record is 31-23-0.
Valuable Detroit Red Wings Betting Trends
The Detroit Red Wings are 21-32-0 straight up this year
The Detroit Red Wings are 23-30-0 against the over/under this season
Important Washington Capitals Betting Trends
The Washington Capitals are 32-22-0 straight up this year
The Washington Capitals are 31-23-0 against the over/under this season
Key Detroit Red Wings Injuries
No key injuries to report
Key Washington Capitals Injuries
No key injuries to report
Jimmy Howard has 14 wins and 17 losses this season in net for the Red Wings. He has 1,123 shots against him and he's given up 100 goals. He's made 1,023 saves for a save percentage of 91%. Anthony Mantha has accumulated 32 total points this season for the Red Wings. He has 18 goals this year with 122 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 15%. He has a total of 14 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Henrik Zetterberg averages 19.5 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 6% by scoring 7 goals on 117 shots. He has 31 assists, giving him a total of 38 points on the season.
Alex Ovechkin has scored 58 total points this year for the Capitals. He has 32 goals this season with 224 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 26 assists on the season and averages 19.9 minutes played per game. Braden Holtby has 28 wins and 10 losses this year in goal for the Capitals. He has 1,256 shots against him and he's surrendered 106 goals. He's made 1,150 saves for a save percentage of 92%. Nicklas Backstrom averages 19.7 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by scoring 12 goals on 98 shots. He has 29 assists, giving him a total of 41 points on the season.
Useful Team Statistics
The Red Wings have allowed 168 power play opportunities and have given up 36 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79% this year. That is 22nd in the NHL. They average 30 shots per game and as a team shoot 8.89% for the season. They allow 32 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%, which is ranked 21st in the league. The Red Wings has 51 total points this season, ranking 25th in the NHL in offense. They are 25th in the league with 142 goals while they've given up 161 goals, which is 13th overall. They have had 158 power play opportunities and scored 30 goals on those chances for a percentage of 19%. That is 21st in the NHL.
Useful Team Statistics
As a team, the Capitals are 9th with 169 goals scored while they are 20th in the NHL with 156 goals allowed this year. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 10.94%. They give up 32 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%, putting them in 15th place in the league. The Capitals have a total of 69 points this year, which is 9th in the NHL. They have 35 power play goals on 168 opportunities for a percentage of 21%. That ranks their power play unit 14th. They've allowed 179 power play opportunities and have given up 37 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%, which is 20th overall.
Detroit has a Corsi percentage of 48.7% as they've tried 2,885 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 3,036 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. That ranks them 20th in Corsi percentage. They are 19th in the NHL in Fenwick percentage with 49.1% as they have 2,238 shots while they've given up 2,321 attempts on defense. The Red Wings start possessions in the offensive zone 50.3% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 49.7% for the year. That puts them 16th and 12th in the league in zone percentages respectively. They have 1,576 face-off wins as opposed to 1,673 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 48.5%. That is 20th overall in the NHL. On defense Detroit has 1,097 hits and they've blocked 715 attempts from opposing offenses, which is 30th in the league.
The Capitals are 20th in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 49.7% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage is at 50.3% for the season, which is 17th in the NHL. They have 1,610 face-off wins compared to 1,584 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 50.4%. That is 18th in the league. On defense Washington has 1,214 hits and they have blocked 771 shots from the opposition, which is 19th in the league. Washington is 26th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 47.7% as they've attempted 3,003 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,293 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 46.6% ranks 31st as they have 2,203 attempts while they have given up 2,522 shots on the defensive end.
Who will win tonight's Red Wings/Capitals NHL game against the spread? Josh's Pick: Take Washington -175 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Josh's Pick: Take Washington -175
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.