Edmonton Oilers at Florida Panthers NHL Picks & Predictions 3/17/2018
Saturday, March 17, 2018
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Edmonton Oilers head to BB&T Center to take on the Florida Panthers on Saturday, March 17, 2018. The opening line for this contest has the Oilers at +166 and the Panthers at -185.
Edmonton has a record of 30-35-5 this year and away from home they have a record of 14-18-2-1. They are 6th in the Pacific Division. They have tallied 196 goals and surrendered 226 goals for a point differential of -30. For the year they have an ATS mark of 30-40-0 and an over/under record of 33-34-0. Florida has a record of 35-26-7 including 22-10-3-2 on home ice this year. They are 4th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 208 goals and have given up 212 for a goal differential of -4. Their record against the spread is 35-33-0 while their over/under mark is 35-33-0.
Valuable Edmonton Oilers Betting Trends
The Edmonton Oilers are 30-40-0 straight up this year
The Edmonton Oilers are 33-34-0 against the over/under this season
Important Florida Panthers Betting Trends
The Florida Panthers are 35-33-0 straight up this year
The Florida Panthers are 35-33-0 against the over/under this season
Key Edmonton Oilers Injuries
No key injuries to report
Key Florida Panthers Injuries
03/15/18 D Alex Petrovic Lower Body is "?" Saturday vs Edmonton
Leon Draisaitl has scored 61 total points this year for the Oilers. He has 22 goals this season with 164 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 39 assists on the year and averages 19.3 minutes played per contest. Connor McDavid averages 21.6 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by tallying 33 goals on 238 attempts. He has 53 assists, giving him a total of 86 points on the year. Cam Talbot has 25 wins and 27 losses this season in goal for the Oilers. He has 1,694 shots against him and he's surrendered 157 goals. He's made 1,537 stops for a save percentage of 91%.
Jonathan Huberdeau has 63 total points this season for the Panthers. He has 23 goals this year with 166 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 40 assists on the year and averages 19.4 minutes played per contest. Vincent Trocheck averages 21.5 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 27 goals on 236 attempts. He has 38 assists, giving him a total of 65 points on the year. Roberto Luongo has 14 wins and 8 losses this season in net for the Panthers. He has 893 shots against him and he's given up 66 goals. He's made 827 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Oilers have 65 total points this year, which is 25th in the NHL. They've scored 196 goals while giving up 226 scores, which has them ranked 23rd and 6th respectively. They have had 175 power play chances and scored 26 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 15%. That is 31st in the league. The Oilers have given up 213 power play opportunities and surrendered 54 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 75%, ranking them 31st when short-handed. They average 34 shots per contest and as a team shoot 8.30% for the year. They allow 32 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 90%, which is 29th in the league.
Useful Team Statistics
The Panthers are 20th in the league with a total of 77 points this season. They have 42 power play goals on 208 chances for a percentage of 20%. That is 19th in the NHL. They've given up 199 power play opportunities and surrendered 39 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%, ranking 15th overall. As a team, the Panthers are 13th with a total of 208 goals scored while they've given up 212 goals this season, ranking 13th in goals against. They average 34 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 8.91%. As a unit they give up 35 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 91%, putting them 13th overall in the NHL.
Edmonton is 9th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 51.3%, as they've attempted 4,364 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,136 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is 51.9% as they have 3,259 attempts while they have given up 3,017 shots on the defensive end. That ranks them 6th in the league. The Oilers start possessions in the offensive zone 52.7% of the time, which is 5th in the league, while their defensive zone percentage is at 47.3% for the season. That is 27th overall in the NHL. They have 2,076 face-off wins compared to 2,177 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 48.8%. That ranks them 22nd in the league. On defense Edmonton has 1,903 hits and they have blocked 1,119 shots from the opposition, putting them 4th overall.
The Panthers start possessions in the offensive zone 47.8% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 52.2% for the year. That ranks them 29th and 4th respectively in the NHL. They have 2,224 face-off wins as opposed to 2,119 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 51.2%. That is 10th in the league. On defense Florida has 1,372 hits and they've blocked 956 attempts from opposing offenses, ranking them 27th in blocked shots. Florida is ranked 15th in Corsi percentage with 49.6% as they've tried 4,055 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 4,117 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. Their Fenwick percentage is 15th in the NHL at 50.1%, as they have 3,173 shots while they've given up 3,161 attempts on defense.
Who will win tonight's Oilers/Panthers NHL game against the spread? Guy's Pick: Take Edmonton +166
Guy's Pick: Take Edmonton +166
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.