Florida Panthers at Toronto Maple Leafs NHL Picks & Predictions 3/28/2018
Wednesday, March 28, 2018
Air Canada Centre
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Florida Panthers head to Air Canada Centre to take on the Toronto Maple Leafs on Wednesday, March 28, 2018. The opening line for this contest has the Panthers at +131 and the Maple Leafs at -145.
Florida has a record of 39-28-7 this year and away from home they have a record of 16-17-4-1. They are 4th in the Atlantic Division. They have tallied 226 goals and surrendered 224 goals for a point differential of +2. For the year they have an ATS mark of 39-35-0 and an over/under record of 37-36-0. Toronto has a record of 45-24-7 including 26-9-2-0 on home ice this year. They are 3rd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 257 goals and have given up 216 for a goal differential of +41. Their record against the spread is 45-31-0 while their over/under mark is 39-33-0.
Valuable Florida Panthers Betting Trends
The Florida Panthers are 39-35-0 straight up this year
The Florida Panthers are 37-36-0 against the over/under this season
Important Toronto Maple Leafs Betting Trends
The Toronto Maple Leafs are 45-31-0 straight up this year
The Toronto Maple Leafs are 39-33-0 against the over/under this season
Key Florida Panthers Injuries
No key injuries to report
Key Toronto Maple Leafs Injuries
11/06/17 LW Joffrey Lupul Hernia IR (10/03)
03/19/18 C Leo Komarov Lower Body is out indefinitely
Vincent Trocheck has scored 69 total points this year for the Panthers. He has 30 goals this season with 256 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 39 assists on the year and averages 21.4 minutes played per contest. Jonathan Huberdeau averages 19.2 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by tallying 23 goals on 180 attempts. He has 42 assists, giving him a total of 65 points on the year. Roberto Luongo has 15 wins and 10 losses this season in goal for the Panthers. He has 988 shots against him and he's surrendered 72 goals. He's made 916 stops for a save percentage of 93%.
Mitch Marner has 65 total points this season for the Maple Leafs. He has 20 goals this year with 180 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 45 assists on the year and averages 16.3 minutes played per contest. William Nylander averages 16.7 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 17 goals on 168 attempts. He has 37 assists, giving him a total of 54 points on the year. Frederik Andersen has 35 wins and 20 losses this season in net for the Maple Leafs. He has 2,073 shots against him and he's given up 171 goals. He's made 1,902 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Panthers have 85 total points this year, which is 18th in the NHL. They've scored 226 goals while giving up 224 scores, which has them ranked 14th and 16th respectively. They have had 231 power play chances and scored 44 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 19%. That is 21st in the league. The Panthers have given up 215 power play opportunities and surrendered 41 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%, ranking them 13th when short-handed. They average 35 shots per contest and as a team shoot 8.77% for the year. They allow 35 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 91%, which is 11th in the league.
Useful Team Statistics
The Maple Leafs are 7th in the league with a total of 97 points this season. They have 49 power play goals on 207 chances for a percentage of 24%. That is 3rd in the NHL. They've given up 211 power play opportunities and surrendered 37 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%, ranking 8th overall. As a team, the Maple Leafs are 2nd with a total of 257 goals scored while they've given up 216 goals this season, ranking 20th in goals against. They average 32 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 10.51%. As a unit they give up 34 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 92%, putting them 5th overall in the NHL.
Florida is 15th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 50.1%, as they've attempted 4,482 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,463 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is 50.6% as they have 3,498 attempts while they have given up 3,412 shots on the defensive end. That ranks them 11th in the league. The Panthers start possessions in the offensive zone 48% of the time, which is 28th in the league, while their defensive zone percentage is at 52% for the season. That is 3rd overall in the NHL. They have 2,412 face-off wins compared to 2,309 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 51.1%. That ranks them 10th in the league. On defense Florida has 1,479 hits and they have blocked 1,051 shots from the opposition, putting them 25th overall.
The Maple Leafs are 26th in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 48.8% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage is at 51.2% for the season, which is 10th in the NHL. They have 2,482 face-off wins compared to 2,335 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 51.5%. That is 6th in the league. On defense Toronto has 1,521 hits and they have blocked 1,030 shots from the opposition, which is 28th in the league. Toronto is 18th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 50.2% as they've attempted 4,627 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,595 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 49.1% ranks 21st as they have 3,436 attempts while they have given up 3,565 shots on the defensive end.
Who will win tonight's Panthers/Maple Leafs NHL game against the spread? Josh's Pick: Take Florida +131
Josh's Pick: Take Florida +131
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.