Nashville Predators at Florida Panthers NHL Picks & Predictions 4/3/2018
Tuesday, April 3, 2018
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Nashville Predators head to BB&T Center to take on the Florida Panthers on Tuesday, April 3, 2018. The opening line for this contest has the Predators at -125 and the Panthers at +113.
Nashville has a record of 51-17-11 this year and away from home they have a record of 24-8-7-4. They are 1st in the Central Division. They have tallied 258 goals and surrendered 204 goals for a point differential of +54. For the year they have an ATS mark of 51-28-0 and an over/under record of 39-39-0. Florida has a record of 39-30-8 including 23-11-3-2 on home ice this year. They are 4th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 232 goals and have given up 236 for a goal differential of -4. Their record against the spread is 39-38-0 while their over/under mark is 38-37-0.
Valuable Nashville Predators Betting Trends
The Nashville Predators are 51-28-0 straight up this year
The Nashville Predators are 39-39-0 against the over/under this season
Important Florida Panthers Betting Trends
The Florida Panthers are 39-38-0 straight up this year
The Florida Panthers are 38-37-0 against the over/under this season
Key Nashville Predators Injuries
04/02/18 LW Viktor Arvidsson Lower Body is "?" Tuesday vs Florida
03/16/18 C Calle Jarnkrok Upper Body is out indefinitely
Key Florida Panthers Injuries
03/31/18 C Frank Vatrano Undisclosed is "?" Monday vs Carolina
03/31/18 C Denis Malgin Undisclosed is "?" Monday vs Carolina
Kevin Fiala has scored 48 total points this year for the Predators. He has 23 goals this season with 180 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 25 assists on the year and averages 15.1 minutes played per contest. P.K. Subban averages 24.2 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 8% by tallying 16 goals on 199 attempts. He has 42 assists, giving him a total of 58 points on the year. Pekka Rinne has 41 wins and 12 losses this season in goal for the Predators. He has 1,784 shots against him and he's surrendered 131 goals. He's made 1,653 stops for a save percentage of 93%.
Vincent Trocheck has 71 total points this season for the Panthers. He has 30 goals this year with 265 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 41 assists on the year and averages 21.3 minutes played per contest. Jonathan Huberdeau averages 19.2 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 25 goals on 191 attempts. He has 42 assists, giving him a total of 67 points on the year. Roberto Luongo has 15 wins and 11 losses this season in net for the Panthers. He has 1,032 shots against him and he's given up 76 goals. He's made 956 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Predators have 113 total points this year, which is 1st in the NHL. They've scored 258 goals while giving up 204 scores, which has them ranked 7th and 29th respectively. They have had 267 power play chances and scored 54 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 20%. That is 17th in the league. The Predators have given up 292 power play opportunities and surrendered 52 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%, ranking them 7th when short-handed. They average 32 shots per contest and as a team shoot 10.16% for the year. They allow 32 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 92%, which is 1st in the league.
Useful Team Statistics
The Panthers are 19th in the league with a total of 86 points this season. They have 45 power play goals on 238 chances for a percentage of 19%. That is 20th in the NHL. They've given up 218 power play opportunities and surrendered 42 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%, ranking 14th overall. As a team, the Panthers are 15th with a total of 232 goals scored while they've given up 236 goals this season, ranking 14th in goals against. They average 35 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 8.70%. As a unit they give up 34 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 91%, putting them 10th overall in the NHL.
Nashville has a Corsi percentage of 50.5% as they've tried 4,697 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 4,607 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. That ranks them 11th in Corsi percentage. They are 13th in the NHL in Fenwick percentage with 50.8% as they have 3,556 shots while they've given up 3,442 attempts on defense. The Predators start possessions in the offensive zone 48.8% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 51.2% for the year. That puts them 24th and 9th in the league in zone percentages respectively. They have 2,640 face-off wins as opposed to 2,330 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 53.1%. That is 3rd overall in the NHL. On defense Nashville has 1,604 hits and they've blocked 1,165 attempts from opposing offenses, which is 15th in the league.
The Panthers start possessions in the offensive zone 47.9% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 52.1% for the year. That ranks them 29th and 4th respectively in the NHL. They have 2,511 face-off wins as opposed to 2,410 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 51%. That is 10th in the league. On defense Florida has 1,556 hits and they've blocked 1,091 attempts from opposing offenses, ranking them 25th in blocked shots. Florida is ranked 15th in Corsi percentage with 50.2% as they've tried 4,664 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 4,634 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. Their Fenwick percentage is 12th in the NHL at 50.6%, as they have 3,635 shots while they've given up 3,543 attempts on defense.
Who will win tonight's Predators/Panthers NHL game against the spread? Guy's Pick: Take Nashville -125
Guy's Pick: Take Nashville -125
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.