Nashville Predators at Montreal Canadiens NHL Picks & Predictions 2/10/2018
Saturday, February 10, 2018
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Nashville Predators travel to Bell Centre to play the Montreal Canadiens on Saturday, February 10, 2018. The opening line for this game has the Predators at -139 and the Canadiens at +126.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Nashville has a record of 32-12-9 this season and on the road they have a record of 14-7-6-3. They are 1st in the Central Division. They've scored 166 goals and given up 138 goals for a point differential of +28. For the season they have an ATS record of 32-21-0 and an over/under record of 26-27-0. Montreal has a record of 22-26-6 including 14-10-5-1 at home this season. They are 6th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 142 goals and surrendered 169 for a goal differential of -27. Their record against the spread is 22-32-0 while their over/under record is 23-29-0.
Valuable Nashville Predators Betting Trends
The Nashville Predators are 32-21-0 straight up this year
The Nashville Predators are 26-27-0 against the over/under this season
Important Montreal Canadiens Betting Trends
The Montreal Canadiens are 22-32-0 straight up this year
The Montreal Canadiens are 23-29-0 against the over/under this season
Key Nashville Predators Injuries
02/09/18 LW Filip Forsberg Suspension Served is probable Saturday vs Montreal
Key Montreal Canadiens Injuries
12/18/17 D Shea Weber Foot IR (12/17)
10/22/17 RW Ales Hemsky Concussion IR (10/20)
01/25/18 LW Phillip Danault Concussion IR (01/12)
01/15/18 RW Andrew Shaw Lower Body IR (01/14)
Pekka Rinne has 27 wins and 8 losses this season in net for the Predators. He has 1,204 shots against him and he's given up 89 goals. He's made 1,115 saves for a save percentage of 93%. Kevin Fiala has accumulated 35 total points this season for the Predators. He has 17 goals this year with 123 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 18 assists on the season and averages 15.4 minutes played per game. P.K. Subban averages 24 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 15 goals on 134 shots. He has 28 assists, giving him a total of 43 points on the season.
Brendan Gallagher has scored 31 total points this year for the Canadiens. He has 19 goals this season with 175 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 12 assists on the season and averages 15.5 minutes played per game. Carey Price has 15 wins and 20 losses this year in goal for the Canadiens. He has 1,182 shots against him and he's surrendered 111 goals. He's made 1,071 saves for a save percentage of 91%. Max Pacioretty averages 19.2 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 8% by scoring 16 goals on 195 shots. He has 17 assists, giving him a total of 33 points on the season.
Useful Team Statistics
The Predators have allowed 194 power play opportunities and have given up 34 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82% this year. That is 8th in the NHL. They average 32 shots per game and as a team shoot 9.93% for the season. They allow 32 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%, which is ranked 2nd in the league. The Predators has 73 total points this season, ranking 4th in the NHL in offense. They are 10th in the league with 166 goals while they've given up 138 goals, which is 29th overall. They have had 184 power play opportunities and scored 43 goals on those chances for a percentage of 23%. That is 5th in the NHL.
Useful Team Statistics
As a team, the Canadiens are 25th with 142 goals scored while they are 6th in the NHL with 169 goals allowed this year. They average 34 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 7.85%. They give up 32 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%, putting them in 23rd place in the league. The Canadiens have a total of 50 points this year, which is 27th in the NHL. They have 36 power play goals on 164 opportunities for a percentage of 22%. That ranks their power play unit 7th. They've allowed 172 power play opportunities and have given up 38 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 78%, which is 25th overall.
Nashville has a Corsi percentage of 50.3% as they've tried 3,107 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 3,070 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. That ranks them 18th in Corsi percentage. They are 14th in the NHL in Fenwick percentage with 50.6% as they have 2,352 shots while they've given up 2,293 attempts on defense. The Predators start possessions in the offensive zone 48.4% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 51.6% for the year. That puts them 29th and 6th in the league in zone percentages respectively. They have 1,752 face-off wins as opposed to 1,576 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 52.6%. That is 3rd overall in the NHL. On defense Nashville has 1,105 hits and they've blocked 777 attempts from opposing offenses, which is 18th in the league.
The Canadiens start possessions in the offensive zone 52.4% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 47.6% for the year. That ranks them 9th and 22nd respectively in the NHL. They have 1,599 face-off wins as opposed to 1,750 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 47.7%. That is 27th in the league. On defense Montreal has 1,395 hits and they've blocked 906 attempts from opposing offenses, ranking them 1st in blocked shots. Montreal is ranked 12th in Corsi percentage with 50.6% as they've tried 3,336 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 3,260 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. Their Fenwick percentage is 13th in the NHL at 50.8%, as they have 2,433 shots while they've given up 2,354 attempts on defense.
Who will win tonight's Predators/Canadiens NHL game against the spread? Josh's Pick: Take Montreal +126 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Josh's Pick: Take Montreal +126
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.