New Jersey Devils at Carolina Hurricanes NHL Picks & Predictions 2/18/2018
Sunday, February 18, 2018
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The New Jersey Devils travel to PNC Arena to play the Carolina Hurricanes on Sunday, February 18, 2018. The opening line for this game has the Devils at -175 and the Hurricanes at +158.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
New Jersey has a record of 29-20-8 this season and on the road they have a record of 13-10-5-3. They are 4th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 173 goals and given up 176 goals for a point differential of -3. For the season they have an ATS record of 29-28-0 and an over/under record of 31-25-0. Carolina has a record of 27-23-9 including 15-10-5-1 at home this season. They are 7th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 160 goals and surrendered 177 for a goal differential of -17. Their record against the spread is 27-32-0 while their over/under record is 25-32-0.
Valuable New Jersey Devils Betting Trends
The New Jersey Devils are 29-28-0 straight up this year
The New Jersey Devils are 31-25-0 against the over/under this season
Important Carolina Hurricanes Betting Trends
The Carolina Hurricanes are 27-32-0 straight up this year
The Carolina Hurricanes are 25-32-0 against the over/under this season
Key New Jersey Devils Injuries
02/16/18 C John Quenneville Knee IR (02/09)
02/15/18 C Brian Boyle Shoulder is "?" Saturday vs Tampa Bay
02/09/18 GO Cory Schneider Groin IR (01/22)
01/25/18 LW Marcus Johansson Concussion IR (01/23)
01/22/18 C Brian Gibbons Thumb IR (01/20)
Key Carolina Hurricanes Injuries
No key injuries to report
Keith Kinkaid has 12 wins and 7 losses this season in net for the Devils. He has 599 shots against him and he's given up 64 goals. He's made 535 saves for a save percentage of 89%. Jesper Bratt has accumulated 33 total points this season for the Devils. He has 12 goals this year with 81 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 15%. He has a total of 21 assists on the season and averages 16.1 minutes played per game. Nico Hischier averages 16.3 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 8% by scoring 11 goals on 132 shots. He has 26 assists, giving him a total of 37 points on the season.
Jeff Skinner has scored 36 total points this year for the Hurricanes. He has 19 goals this season with 200 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 17 assists on the season and averages 16.9 minutes played per game. Cam Ward has 17 wins and 7 losses this year in goal for the Hurricanes. He has 819 shots against him and he's surrendered 72 goals. He's made 747 saves for a save percentage of 91%. Teuvo Teravainen averages 16.8 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 13 goals on 126 shots. He has 32 assists, giving him a total of 45 points on the season.
Useful Team Statistics
The Devils have allowed 193 power play opportunities and have given up 35 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82% this year. That is 12th in the NHL. They average 31 shots per game and as a team shoot 9.64% for the season. They allow 32 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%, which is ranked 21st in the league. The Devils has 66 total points this season, ranking 16th in the NHL in offense. They are 12th in the league with 173 goals while they've given up 176 goals, which is 9th overall. They have had 181 power play opportunities and scored 35 goals on those chances for a percentage of 19%. That is 19th in the NHL.
Useful Team Statistics
As a team, the Hurricanes are 22nd with 160 goals scored while they are 12th in the NHL with 174 goals allowed this year. They average 34 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.09%. They give up 29 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%, putting them in 28th place in the league. The Hurricanes have a total of 63 points this year, which is 19th in the NHL. They have 36 power play goals on 184 opportunities for a percentage of 20%. That ranks their power play unit 18th. They've allowed 140 power play opportunities and have given up 28 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%, which is 18th overall.
New Jersey is 21st in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 49%, as they've attempted 3,182 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,316 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is 49.8% as they have 2,471 attempts while they have given up 2,493 shots on the defensive end. That ranks them 17th in the league. The Devils start possessions in the offensive zone 49.4% of the time, which is 22nd in the league, while their defensive zone percentage is at 50.6% for the season. That is 10th overall in the NHL. They have 1,655 face-off wins compared to 1,846 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 47.3%. That ranks them 30th in the league. On defense New Jersey has 1,209 hits and they have blocked 823 shots from the opposition, putting them 18th overall.
The Hurricanes start possessions in the offensive zone 57.7% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 42.3% for the year. That ranks them 1st and 31st respectively in the NHL. They have 1,788 face-off wins as opposed to 1,576 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 53.2%. That is 1st in the league. On defense Carolina has 1,143 hits and they've blocked 747 attempts from opposing offenses, ranking them 30th in blocked shots. Carolina is ranked 1st in Corsi percentage with 54.6% as they've tried 3,757 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 3,125 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. Their Fenwick percentage is 1st in the NHL at 53.9%, as they have 2,783 shots while they've given up 2,378 attempts on defense.
Who will win tonight's Devils/Hurricanes NHL game against the spread? Josh's Pick: Take Carolina +158
Josh's Pick: Take Carolina +158
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.