New York Islanders at Carolina Hurricanes NHL Picks & Predictions 2/16/2018
Friday, February 16, 2018
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The New York Islanders head to PNC Arena to take on the Carolina Hurricanes on Friday, February 16, 2018. The opening line for this contest has the Islanders at +140 and the Hurricanes at -155.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
New York has a record of 27-25-6 this year and away from home they have a record of 12-15-2-0. They are 7th in the Metropolitan Division. They have tallied 194 goals and surrendered 214 goals for a point differential of -20. For the year they have an ATS mark of 27-31-0 and an over/under record of 36-19-0. Carolina has a record of 27-21-9 including 15-9-5-1 on home ice this year. They are 5th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 158 goals and have given up 169 for a goal differential of -11. Their record against the spread is 27-30-0 while their over/under mark is 24-31-0.
Valuable New York Islanders Betting Trends
The New York Islanders are 27-31-0 straight up this year
The New York Islanders are 36-19-0 against the over/under this season
Important Carolina Hurricanes Betting Trends
The Carolina Hurricanes are 27-30-0 straight up this year
The Carolina Hurricanes are 24-31-0 against the over/under this season
Key New York Islanders Injuries
12/18/17 D Calvin de Haan Shoulder IR (12/16)
11/08/17 LW Nikolay Kulemin Shoulder IR (11/06)
02/13/18 LW Tanner Fritz Lower Body is "?" Thursday vs NY Rangers
02/08/18 D Scott Mayfield Lower Body IR (02/06)
01/20/18 LW Shane Prince Upper Body IR (01/18)
Key Carolina Hurricanes Injuries
No key injuries to report
Josh Bailey has scored 61 total points this year for the Islanders. He has 14 goals this season with 97 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 47 assists on the year and averages 18 minutes played per contest. Anders Lee averages 17.3 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 20% by tallying 29 goals on 144 attempts. He has 17 assists, giving him a total of 46 points on the year. Jaroslav Halak has 17 wins and 18 losses this season in goal for the Islanders. He has 1,340 shots against him and he's surrendered 122 goals. He's made 1,218 stops for a save percentage of 91%.
Jeff Skinner has 35 total points this season for the Hurricanes. He has 18 goals this year with 197 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 17 assists on the year and averages 16.9 minutes played per contest. Teuvo Teravainen averages 16.8 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 13 goals on 124 attempts. He has 32 assists, giving him a total of 45 points on the year. Cam Ward has 17 wins and 7 losses this season in net for the Hurricanes. He has 819 shots against him and he's given up 72 goals. He's made 747 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Islanders have 60 total points this year, which is 21st in the NHL. They've scored 194 goals while giving up 214 scores, which has them ranked 2nd and 1st respectively. They have had 185 power play chances and scored 40 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 22%. That is 8th in the league. The Islanders have given up 171 power play opportunities and surrendered 46 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 73%, ranking them 30th when short-handed. They average 31 shots per contest and as a team shoot 10.77% for the year. They allow 36 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 90%, which is 28th in the league.
Useful Team Statistics
The Hurricanes are 19th in the league with a total of 63 points this season. They have 36 power play goals on 181 chances for a percentage of 20%. That is 17th in the NHL. They've given up 138 power play opportunities and surrendered 28 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%, ranking 19th overall. As a team, the Hurricanes are 22nd with a total of 158 goals scored while they've given up 169 goals this season, ranking 12th in goals against. They average 34 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 8.11%. As a unit they give up 29 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 90%, putting them 26th overall in the NHL.
New York is 28th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 47%, as they've attempted 3,286 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,700 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is 46.3% as they have 2,428 attempts while they have given up 2,818 shots on the defensive end. That ranks them 31st in the league. The Islanders start possessions in the offensive zone 47.2% of the time, which is 31st in the league, while their defensive zone percentage is at 52.8% for the season. That is 3rd overall in the NHL. They have 1,709 face-off wins compared to 1,807 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 48.6%. That ranks them 22nd in the league. On defense New York has 1,255 hits and they have blocked 882 shots from the opposition, putting them 7th overall.
The Hurricanes start possessions in the offensive zone 57.7% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 42.3% for the year. That ranks them 1st and 31st respectively in the NHL. They have 1,764 face-off wins as opposed to 1,555 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 53.1%. That is 1st in the league. On defense Carolina has 1,122 hits and they've blocked 741 attempts from opposing offenses, ranking them 30th in blocked shots. Carolina is ranked 1st in Corsi percentage with 54.5% as they've tried 3,704 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 3,088 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. Their Fenwick percentage is 1st in the NHL at 53.9%, as they have 2,747 shots while they've given up 2,347 attempts on defense.
Who will win tonight's Islanders/Hurricanes NHL game against the spread? Guy's Pick: Take New York +140 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Guy's Pick: Take New York +140
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.