New York Rangers at Anaheim Ducks NHL Parlay 1/23/2018
Tuesday, January 23, 2018
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The New York Rangers head to Honda Center to take on the Anaheim Ducks on Tuesday, January 23, 2018. The opening line for this contest has the Rangers at +154 and the Ducks at -171.
New York has a record of 24-19-5 this year and away from home they have a record of 7-11-2-2. They are 5th in the Metropolitan Division. They've tallied 144 goals and surrendered 140 goals for a point differential of +4. For the year they have an ATS mark of 24-24-0 and an over/under record of 26-20-0. Anaheim has a record of 22-17-9, including 12-9-3-0 on home ice this year. They are 5th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 131 goals and have given up 135 for a goal differential of -4. Their record against the spread is 22-26-0 while their over/under mark is 17-30-0.
Valuable New York Rangers Betting Trends
The New York Rangers are 24-24-0 straight up this year
The New York Rangers are 26-20-0 against the over/under this season
Important Anaheim Ducks Betting Trends
The Anaheim Ducks are 22-26-0 straight up this year
The Anaheim Ducks are 17-30-0 against the over/under this season
Key New York Rangers Injuries
12/28/17 LW Chris Kreider Blood Clot IR (12/27)
01/22/18 RW Kevin Hayes Soreness is "?" Tuesday vs Anaheim
01/19/18 D Kevin Shattenkirk Knee IR (12/18)
Key Anaheim Ducks Injuries
12/01/17 LW Michael Liambas Upper Body IR (11/30)
10/22/17 RW Patrick Eaves Lower Body IR (10/14)
Player SpotlightHenrik Lundqvist has 21 wins and 13 losses this season in goal for the Rangers. He has 1,309 shots against him and he's surrendered 100 goals. He's made 1,209 stops for a save percentage of 92%. Mats Zuccarello has scored 34 total points this year for the Rangers. He has 8 goals this season with 97 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 26 assists on the year and averages 19 minutes played per contest. Pavel Buchnevich averages 14.8 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by tallying 13 goals on 94 attempts. He has 17 assists, giving him a total of 30 points on the year.
Rickard Rakell has 35 total points this season for the Ducks. He has 17 goals this year with 125 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 18 assists on the year and averages 19.5 minutes played per contest. John Gibson has 16 wins and 14 losses this season in net for the Ducks. He has 1,181 shots against him and he's given up 94 goals. He's made 1,087 saves for a save percentage of 92%. Brandon Montour averages 19.4 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 6% by scoring 6 goals on 99 attempts. He has 14 assists, giving him a total of 20 points on the year.
Useful Team StatisticsThe Rangers have given up 151 power play opportunities and surrendered 27 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82% this season. That is 12th in the league. They average 31 shots per contest and as a team shoot 9.61% for the year. They allow 34 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 92%, ranking them 6th in the NHL at stopping the puck. The Rangers are 19th overall with 53 total points this year. They are 10th in the league with 144 goals and 11th in goals allowed with 140. They've had 148 power play chances and scored 29 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 20%. That is 14th in the NHL.
Useful Team Statistics
As a team, the Ducks are 21st with a total of 131 goals scored while they are 16th with 135 goals surrendered this season. They average 30 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 9.21%. As a unit they give up 33 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 92%, putting them 3rd in the league. The Ducks have a total of 53 points this season, which is 18th in the NHL. They have had 22 power play goals on 129 chances for a percentage of 17%. That is 24th overall. They've given up 178 power play opportunities and surrendered 31 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%, ranking 9th when short-handed.
New York has a Corsi percentage of 47.5% as they've tried 2,662 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 2,938 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. That ranks them 26th in Corsi percentage. They are 24th in the NHL in Fenwick percentage with 48% as they have 2,031 shots while they've given up 2,198 attempts on defense. The Rangers start possessions in the offensive zone 51.3% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 48.7% for the year. That puts them 15th and 17th in the league in zone percentages respectively. They have 1,426 face-off wins as opposed to 1,399 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 50.5%. That is 12th overall in the NHL. On defense New York has 1,012 hits and they've blocked 740 attempts from opposing offenses, which is 8th in the league.
The Ducks start possessions in the offensive zone 46.7% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 53.3% for the year. That ranks them 30th and 1st respectively in the NHL. They have 1,496 face-off wins as opposed to 1,424 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 51.2%. That is 9th in the league. On defense Anaheim has 1,137 hits and they've blocked 759 attempts from opposing offenses, ranking them 3rd in blocked shots. Anaheim is ranked 30th in Corsi percentage with 46.6% as they've tried 2,646 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 3,036 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. Their Fenwick percentage is 28th in the NHL at 47%, as they have 2,016 shots while they've given up 2,277 attempts on defense.
So what is Tonights Parlay prediction? Parlays Pundit's Pick: Take Anaheim -171 and under 5.5 total goals Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Parlays Pundit's Pick: Take Anaheim -171 and under 5.5 total goals
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.