Vancouver Canucks at Chicago Blackhawks NHL Picks & Predictions 3/22/2018
Thursday, March 22, 2018
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Vancouver Canucks head to United Center to take on the Chicago Blackhawks on Thursday, March 22, 2018. The opening line for this contest has the Canucks at +104 and the Blackhawks at -115.
Vancouver has a record of 25-39-9 this year and away from home they have a record of 13-21-3-2. They are 8th in the Pacific Division. They have tallied 187 goals and surrendered 240 goals for a point differential of -53. For the year they have an ATS mark of 25-47-0 and an over/under record of 41-31-0. Chicago has a record of 30-35-9 including 17-16-4-0 on home ice this year. They are 7th in the Central Division. They've scored 209 goals and have given up 228 for a goal differential of -19. Their record against the spread is 30-43-0 while their over/under mark is 33-37-0.
Valuable Vancouver Canucks Betting Trends
The Vancouver Canucks are 25-47-0 straight up this year
The Vancouver Canucks are 41-31-0 against the over/under this season
Important Chicago Blackhawks Betting Trends
The Chicago Blackhawks are 30-43-0 straight up this year
The Chicago Blackhawks are 33-37-0 against the over/under this season
Key Vancouver Canucks Injuries
03/20/18 D Ben Hutton Foot is is out indefinitely
03/17/18 LW Loui Eriksson Ribs is out indefinitely
03/17/18 LW Sven Baertschi Shoulder is out indefinitely
03/15/18 D Erik Gudbranson Shoulder is out for season
03/08/18 RW Brock Boeser Back is out indefinitely
02/09/18 C Brendan Gaunce Foot IR (02/07)
02/09/18 C Markus Granlund Ankle IR (02/07)
Key Chicago Blackhawks Injuries
12/27/17 GO Corey Crawford Concussion IR (12/26)
10/05/17 RW Marian Hossa Infection IR (10/03)
10/05/15 D Michal Rozsival Concussion IR (10/03)
03/20/18 C Matthew Highmore Facial is "?" Thursday vs Vancouver
03/10/18 LW Anthony Duclair Knee is out indefinitely
Brock Boeser has scored 55 total points this year for the Canucks. He has 29 goals this season with 179 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 16%. He has a total of 26 assists on the year and averages 17.5 minutes played per contest. Daniel Sedin averages 15.1 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by tallying 21 goals on 157 attempts. He has 27 assists, giving him a total of 48 points on the year. Jacob Markstrom has 18 wins and 26 losses this season in goal for the Canucks. He has 1,555 shots against him and he's surrendered 142 goals. He's made 1,413 stops for a save percentage of 91%.
Jonathan Toews has 52 total points this season for the Blackhawks. He has 20 goals this year with 211 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 32 assists on the year and averages 19.7 minutes played per contest. Patrick Kane averages 20.4 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 9% by scoring 25 goals on 266 attempts. He has 45 assists, giving him a total of 70 points on the year. Anton Forsberg has 9 wins and 16 losses this season in net for the Blackhawks. He has 842 shots against him and he's given up 80 goals. He's made 762 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Canucks have 59 total points this year, which is 30th in the NHL. They've scored 187 goals while giving up 240 scores, which has them ranked 28th and 3rd respectively. They have had 225 power play chances and scored 49 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 22%. That is 9th in the league. The Canucks have given up 251 power play opportunities and surrendered 56 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 78%, ranking them 23rd when short-handed. They average 30 shots per contest and as a team shoot 8.51% for the year. They allow 32 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 90%, which is 29th in the league.
Useful Team Statistics
The Blackhawks are 24th in the league with a total of 69 points this season. They have 41 power play goals on 255 chances for a percentage of 16%. That is 28th in the NHL. They've given up 219 power play opportunities and surrendered 45 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%, ranking 20th overall. As a team, the Blackhawks are 20th with a total of 209 goals scored while they've given up 228 goals this season, ranking 10th in goals against. They average 34 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 8.22%. As a unit they give up 33 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 91%, putting them 20th overall in the NHL.
Vancouver is 25th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 48.4%, as they've attempted 3,995 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,267 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is 47.9% as they have 3,002 attempts while they have given up 3,259 shots on the defensive end. That ranks them 27th in the league. The Canucks start possessions in the offensive zone 49.7% of the time, which is 19th in the league, while their defensive zone percentage is at 50.3% for the season. That is 14th overall in the NHL. They have 2,169 face-off wins compared to 2,213 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 49.5%. That ranks them 20th in the league. On defense Vancouver has 1,563 hits and they have blocked 1,008 shots from the opposition, putting them 25th overall.
The Blackhawks are 2nd in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 56.1% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage is at 43.9% for the season, which is 30th in the NHL. They have 2,280 face-off wins compared to 2,301 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 49.8%. That is 14th in the league. On defense Chicago has 1,259 hits and they have blocked 1,039 shots from the opposition, which is 21st in the league. Chicago is 4th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 52.9% as they've attempted 4,843 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,317 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 51.1% ranks 10th as they have 3,426 attempts while they have given up 3,278 shots on the defensive end.
Who will win tonight's Canucks/Blackhawks NHL game against the spread? Josh's Pick: Take Vancouver +104
Josh's Pick: Take Vancouver +104
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.