Vancouver Canucks at New York Islanders NHL Picks & Predictions 11/13/2018
Tuesday, November 13, 2018
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Vancouver Canucks head to Barclays Center to take on the New York Islanders on Tuesday, November 13, 2018. The opening line for this contest has the Canucks at +140 and the Islanders at -155.
Vancouver has a record of 10-6-2 this year. They are 1st in the Pacific Division. They've tallied 60 goals and surrendered 62 goals for a point differential of -2. For the year they have an ATS mark of 10-8-0 and an over/under record of 9-9-0. New York has a record of 8-6-2 this season. They are 3rd in the Metropolitan Division. They have scored 49 goals and given up 42 for a goal differential of +7. Their record against the spread is 8-8-0 while their over/under mark is 6-8-0.
Valuable Vancouver Canucks Betting Trends
The Vancouver Canucks are 10-8-0 straight up this year
The Vancouver Canucks are 9-9-0 against the over/under this season
Important New York Islanders Betting Trends
The New York Islanders are 8-8-0 straight up this year
The New York Islanders are 6-8-0 against the over/under this season
Key Vancouver Canucks Injuries
11/10/18 RW Brock Boeser Groin is out indefinitely
10/25/18 D Alexander Edler Lower Body IR (10/25)
10/25/18 LW Sven Baertschi Upper Body IR (10/25)
10/15/18 C Jay Beagle Forearm is out indefinitely
10/14/18 RW Derek Dorsett Neck is out for season
10/02/18 LW Antoine Roussel None IR (10/02)
Key New York Islanders Injuries
11/10/18 LW Matt Martin Upper Body is questionable Tuesday vs Vancouver
10/13/18 C Casey Cizikas Undisclosed is out indefinitely
10/04/18 C John Stevens Undisclosed is out indefinitely
10/04/18 RW Matt Lorito Undisclosed is out indefinitely
10/01/18 LW Andrew Ladd Undisclosed is out indefinitely
Elias Pettersson has scored 17 total points this year for the Canucks. He has 10 goals this season with 30 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 33%. He has a total of 7 assists on the year and averages 18.3 minutes played per contest. Bo Horvat averages 20.2 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 20% by tallying 9 goals on 45 attempts. He has 7 assists, giving him a total of 16 points on the year. Jacob Markstrom has 7 wins and 3 losses this season in goal for the Canucks. He has 393 shots against him and he's surrendered 40 goals. He's made 353 stops for a save percentage of 90%.
Josh Bailey has 17 total points this season for the Islanders. He has 5 goals this year with 29 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 17%. He has a total of 12 assists on the year and averages 18 minutes played per contest. Anders Lee averages 18.1 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 5 goals on 48 attempts. He has 9 assists, giving him a total of 14 points on the year. Robin Lehner has 4 wins and 4 losses this season in net for the Islanders. He has 279 shots against him and he's given up 22 goals. He's made 257 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Canucks have 22 total points this year, which is 6th in the NHL. They've scored 60 goals while giving up 62 scores, which has them ranked 3rd and 3rd respectively. They have had 56 power play chances and scored 11 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 20%. That is 15th in the league. The Canucks have given up 65 power play opportunities and surrendered 13 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%, ranking them 19th when short-handed. They average 29 shots per contest and as a team shoot 11.58% for the year. They allow 32 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 90%, which is 18th in the league.
Useful Team Statistics
The Islanders are 16th in the league with a total of 18 points this season. They have 9 power play goals on 53 chances for a percentage of 17%. That is 22nd in the NHL. They've given up 53 power play opportunities and surrendered 10 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%, ranking 15th overall. As a team, the Islanders are 21st with a total of 49 goals scored while they've given up 42 goals this season, ranking 27th in goals against. They average 27 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 11.32%. As a unit they give up 33 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 92%, putting them 3rd overall in the NHL.
Vancouver is 28th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 45.2%, as they've attempted 912 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,104 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is 46% as they have 710 attempts while they have given up 835 shots on the defensive end. That ranks them 27th in the league. The Canucks start possessions in the offensive zone 47.4% of the time, which is 25th in the league, while their defensive zone percentage is at 52.6% for the season. That is 7th overall in the NHL. They have 545 face-off wins compared to 574 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 48.7%. That ranks them 21st in the league. On defense Vancouver has 399 hits and they have blocked 269 shots from the opposition, putting them 6th overall.
The Islanders are 26th in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 47.3% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage is at 52.7% for the season, which is 6th in the NHL. They have 424 face-off wins compared to 497 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 46%. That is 29th in the league. On defense New York has 366 hits and they have blocked 251 shots from the opposition, which is 9th in the league. New York is 29th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 44.2% as they've attempted 786 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 992 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 44.5% ranks 29th as they have 595 attempts while they have given up 741 shots on the defensive end.
Who will win tonight's Canucks/Islanders NHL game against the spread? Josh's Pick: Take New York -155 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Josh's Pick: Take New York -155
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.