Vegas Golden Knights at Arizona Coyotes NHL Picks & Predictions 11/21/2018
Wednesday, November 21, 2018
Gila River Arena
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Vegas Golden Knights head to Gila River Arena to take on the Arizona Coyotes on Wednesday, November 21, 2018. The opening line for this contest has the Golden Knights at -121 and the Coyotes at -107.
Vegas has a record of 9-12-1 this year. They are 7th in the Pacific Division. They've tallied 58 goals and surrendered 68 goals for a point differential of -10. For the year they have an ATS mark of 9-13-0 and an over/under record of 9-13-0. Arizona has a record of 9-9-1 this season. They are 5th in the Pacific Division. They have scored 49 goals and given up 48 for a goal differential of +1. Their record against the spread is 9-10-0 while their over/under mark is 7-11-0.
Valuable Vegas Golden Knights Betting Trends
The Vegas Golden Knights are 9-13-0 straight up this year
The Vegas Golden Knights are 9-13-0 against the over/under this season
Important Arizona Coyotes Betting Trends
The Arizona Coyotes are 9-10-0 straight up this year
The Arizona Coyotes are 7-11-0 against the over/under this season
Key Vegas Golden Knights Injuries
11/07/18 LW Erik Haula Knee is out indefinitely
10/10/18 C Paul Stastny Lower Body is out indefinitely
Key Arizona Coyotes Injuries
11/20/18 RW Josh Archibald Suspension is questionable Wednesday vs Vegas
11/17/18 D Jason Demers Lower Body is out for season
11/15/18 D Alex Goligoski Lower Body IR (11/15)
11/08/18 GO Antti Raanta Lower Body IR (11/08)
10/04/18 RW Conor Garland Upper Body is out indefinitely
10/04/18 C Dave Bolland Back is out indefinitely
10/04/18 D Jakob Chychrun Lower Body is out indefinitely
10/04/18 C Laurent Dauphin Knee is out indefinitely
10/04/18 RW Marian Hossa Illness is out indefinitely
10/04/18 RW Nicholas Merkley Knee is out indefinitely
10/03/18 C Christian Dvorak Lower Body IR (10/03)
Jon Marchessault has scored 19 total points this year for the Golden Knights. He has 10 goals this season with 92 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 9 assists on the year and averages 19.5 minutes played per contest. William Karlsson averages 19.7 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by tallying 5 goals on 39 attempts. He has 12 assists, giving him a total of 17 points on the year. Marc-Andre Fleury has 9 wins and 8 losses this season in goal for the Golden Knights. He has 466 shots against him and he's surrendered 46 goals. He's made 420 stops for a save percentage of 90%.
Clayton Keller has 12 total points this season for the Coyotes. He has 5 goals this year with 42 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 7 assists on the year and averages 18.8 minutes played per contest. Oliver Ekman-Larsson averages 23.7 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 4% by scoring 2 goals on 45 attempts. He has 10 assists, giving him a total of 12 points on the year. Darcy Kuemper has 4 wins and 5 losses this season in net for the Coyotes. He has 312 shots against him and he's given up 26 goals. He's made 286 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Golden Knights have 19 total points this year, which is 25th in the NHL. They've scored 58 goals while giving up 68 scores, which has them ranked 22nd and 6th respectively. They have had 73 power play chances and scored 13 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 18%. That is 21st in the league. The Golden Knights have given up 67 power play opportunities and surrendered 12 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%, ranking them 8th when short-handed. They average 33 shots per contest and as a team shoot 7.89% for the year. They allow 27 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 89%, which is 30th in the league.
Useful Team Statistics
The Coyotes are 27th in the league with a total of 19 points this season. They have 9 power play goals on 61 chances for a percentage of 15%. That is 27th in the NHL. They've given up 60 power play opportunities and surrendered 5 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 92%, ranking 1st overall. As a team, the Coyotes are 29th with a total of 49 goals scored while they've given up 48 goals this season, ranking 31st in goals against. They average 32 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 7.99%. As a unit they give up 31 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 92%, putting them 6th overall in the NHL.
Vegas is 2nd in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 56.2%, as they've attempted 1,452 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,130 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is 55.7% as they have 1,039 attempts while they have given up 827 shots on the defensive end. That ranks them 3rd in the league. The Golden Knights start possessions in the offensive zone 55.9% of the time, which is 3rd in the league, while their defensive zone percentage is at 44.1% for the season. That is 29th overall in the NHL. They have 649 face-off wins compared to 705 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 47.9%. That ranks them 25th in the league. On defense Vegas has 591 hits and they have blocked 303 shots from the opposition, putting them 12th overall.
The Coyotes are 14th in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 51.5% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage is at 48.5% for the season, which is 18th in the NHL. They have 573 face-off wins compared to 572 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 50%. That is 16th in the league. On defense Arizona has 387 hits and they have blocked 267 shots from the opposition, which is 25th in the league. Arizona is 9th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 51.2% as they've attempted 1,144 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,089 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 51% ranks 10th as they have 854 attempts while they have given up 822 shots on the defensive end.
Who will win tonight's Golden Knights/Coyotes NHL game against the spread? Josh's Pick: Take Arizona -107 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Josh's Pick: Take Arizona -107
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.