Washington Capitals at Tampa Bay Lightning NHL Parlay 5/11/2018
Friday, May 11, 2018
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Washington Capitals head to Amalie Arena to take on the Tampa Bay Lightning on Friday, May 11, 2018 in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals. The opening line for this contest has the Capitals at +175 and the Lightning at -235.
Washington had a record of 49-26-7 this year and away from home they had a record of 21-15-5-1. They were 1st in the Metropolitan Division. They tallied 259 goals and surrendered 239 goals for a point differential of +20. For the year they have an ATS mark of 57-37-0 and an over/under record of 52-40-0. Tampa Bay had a regular season record of 54-23-5, including 29-10-2-0 on home ice this year. They finished 1st in the Atlantic Division. They scored 296 goals and gave up 236 for a goal differential of +60. Their record against the spread is 62-30-0 while their over/under mark is 54-35-0.
Valuable Washington Capitals Betting Trends
The Washington Capitals are 57-37-0 straight up this year
The Washington Capitals are 52-40-0 against the over/under this season
Important Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Trends
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 62-30-0 straight up this year
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 54-35-0 against the over/under this season
Key Washington Capitals Injuries
05/07/18 C Nicklas Backstrom Hand is "?" Friday vs Tampa Bay
05/07/18 RW Tom Wilson Suspension Served is probable Friday vs Tampa Bay
04/23/18 LW Andre Burakovsky Upper Body is out indefinitely
Key Tampa Bay Lightning Injuries
05/07/18 LW Adam Erne Lower Body is out indefinitely
Braden Holtby has 34 wins and 16 losses this season in goal for the Capitals. He has 1,648 shots against him and he's surrendered 153 goals. He's made 1,495 stops for a save percentage of 91%. Alex Ovechkin has scored 87 total points this year for the Capitals. He has 49 goals this season with 355 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 38 assists on the year and averages 20.1 minutes played per contest. Evgeny Kuznetsov averages 18.8 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by tallying 27 goals on 187 attempts. He has 56 assists, giving him a total of 83 points on the year.
Nikita Kucherov has 100 total points this season for the Lightning. He has 39 goals this year with 279 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 61 assists on the year and averages 19.8 minutes played per contest. Andrei Vasilevskiy has 44 wins and 17 losses this season in net for the Lightning. He has 2,075 shots against him and he's given up 167 goals. He's made 1,908 saves for a save percentage of 92%. Brayden Point averages 19.6 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 32 goals on 217 attempts. He has 34 assists, giving him a total of 66 points on the year.
Useful Team Statistics
The Capitals have given up 269 power play opportunities and surrendered 53 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80% this season. That is 15th in the league. They average 29 shots per contest and as a team shoot 10.89% for the year. They allow 32 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 91%, ranking them 17th in the NHL at stopping the puck. The Capitals are 7th overall with 105 total points this year. They are 9th in the league with 259 goals and 17th in goals allowed with 239. They've had 244 power play chances and scored 55 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 23%. That is 7th in the NHL.
Useful Team Statistics
As a team, the Lightning are 1st with a total of 296 goals scored while they are 19th with 236 goals surrendered this season. They average 33 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 11.04%. As a unit they give up 33 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 91%, putting them 8th in the league. The Lightning have a total of 113 points this season, which is 3rd in the NHL. They have had 66 power play goals on 276 chances for a percentage of 24%. That is 3rd overall. They've given up 267 power play opportunities and surrendered 64 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 76%, ranking 28th when short-handed.
Washington has a Corsi percentage of 47.4% as they've tried 4,479 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 4,980 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. That ranks them 31st in Corsi percentage. They are 31st in the NHL in Fenwick percentage with 47.3% as they have 3,381 shots while they've given up 3,760 attempts on defense. The Capitals start possessions in the offensive zone 49.7% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 50.3% for the year. That puts them 20th and 15th in the league in zone percentages respectively. They have 2,467 face-off wins as opposed to 2,427 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 50.4%. That is 18th overall in the NHL. On defense Washington has 1,784 hits and they've blocked 1,220 attempts from opposing offenses, which is 14th in the league.
The Lightning are 9th in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 52.9% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage is at 47.1% for the season, which is 27th in the NHL. They have 2,441 face-off wins compared to 2,621 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 48.2%. That is 29th in the league. On defense Tampa Bay has 1,728 hits and they have blocked 1,127 shots from the opposition, which is 26th in the league. Tampa Bay is 14th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 51.3% as they've attempted 4,952 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,709 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 51.2% ranks 14th as they have 3,764 attempts while they have given up 3,582 shots on the defensive end.
So what is Tonights Parlay prediction? Parlays Pundit's Pick: Take Tampa Bay -235 and over 6 total goals Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Parlays Pundit's Pick: Take Tampa Bay -235 and over 6 total goals
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's Expert Expert NHL Picks.