Arizona at Calgary NHL Game Picks 1/13/2019
Sunday, January 13, 2019
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Arizona Coyotes head to Scotiabank Saddledome to take on the Calgary Flames on Sunday, January 13, 2019. The opening line for this contest has the Coyotes at +180 and the Flames at -220.
Arizona has a record of 19-21-3 this year. They are 7th in the Pacific Division. They've tallied 112 goals and surrendered 121 goals for a point differential of -9. For the year they have an ATS mark of 19-24-0 and an over/under record of 20-22-0. Calgary has a record of 29-13-4 this season. They are 1st in the Pacific Division. They have scored 166 goals and given up 132 for a goal differential of +34. Their record against the spread is 28-17-0 while their over/under mark is 23-21-0.
Valuable Arizona Coyotes Betting Trends
The Arizona Coyotes are 19-24-0 straight up this year
The Arizona Coyotes are 20-22-0 against the over/under this season
Important Calgary Flames Betting Trends
The Calgary Flames are 28-17-0 straight up this year
The Calgary Flames are 23-21-0 against the over/under this season
Key Arizona Coyotes Injuries
12/06/18 GO Antti Raanta Lower Body IR (12/06)
12/03/18 RW Michael Grabner Eye is out indefinitely
11/17/18 D Jason Demers Lower Body is out for season
10/04/18 C Dave Bolland Back is out indefinitely
10/03/18 C Christian Dvorak Lower Body IR (10/03)
01/10/19 RW Josh Archibald Personal is questionable Saturday vs Edmonton
01/10/19 D Kevin Connauton Lower Body is questionable Saturday vs Edmonton
01/03/19 C Nick Schmaltz Upper Body IR (01/03)
Key Calgary Flames Injuries
11/28/18 D Juuso Valimaki Lower Body is out indefinitely
Clayton Keller has scored 30 total points this year for the Coyotes. He has 9 goals this season with 95 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 21 assists on the year and averages 18.8 minutes played per contest. Oliver Ekman-Larsson averages 23.9 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 5% by tallying 5 goals on 94 attempts. He has 18 assists, giving him a total of 23 points on the year. Darcy Kuemper has 7 wins and 11 losses this season in goal for the Coyotes. He has 651 shots against him and he's surrendered 56 goals. He's made 595 stops for a save percentage of 91%.
Johnny Gaudreau has 67 total points this season for the Flames. He has 26 goals this year with 146 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 18%. He has a total of 41 assists on the year and averages 20.4 minutes played per contest. Sean Monahan averages 19.8 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 17% by scoring 24 goals on 144 attempts. He has 31 assists, giving him a total of 55 points on the year. David Rittich has 17 wins and 4 losses this season in net for the Flames. He has 746 shots against him and he's given up 60 goals. He's made 686 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Coyotes have 41 total points this year, which is 24th in the NHL. They've scored 112 goals while giving up 121 scores, which has them ranked 29th and 25th respectively. They have had 138 power play chances and scored 23 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 17%. That is 24th in the league. The Coyotes have given up 131 power play opportunities and surrendered 15 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 89%, ranking them 1st when short-handed. They average 31 shots per contest and as a team shoot 8.54% for the year. They allow 31 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 91%, which is 12th in the league.
Useful Team Statistics
The Flames are 2nd in the league with a total of 62 points this season. They have 35 power play goals on 160 chances for a percentage of 22%. That is 9th in the NHL. They've given up 143 power play opportunities and surrendered 31 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 78%, ranking 21st overall. As a team, the Flames are 2nd with a total of 166 goals scored while they've given up 132 goals this season, ranking 17th in goals against. They average 32 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 11.30%. As a unit they give up 29 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 90%, putting them 16th overall in the NHL.
Arizona is 12th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 50.4%, as they've attempted 2,510 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,471 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is 50.1% as they have 1,850 attempts while they have given up 1,842 shots on the defensive end. That ranks them 17th in the league. The Coyotes start possessions in the offensive zone 50.9% of the time, which is 15th in the league, while their defensive zone percentage is at 49.1% for the season. That is 18th overall in the NHL. They have 1,235 face-off wins compared to 1,331 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 48.1%. That ranks them 27th in the league. On defense Arizona has 965 hits and they have blocked 629 shots from the opposition, putting them 16th overall.
The Flames are 6th in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 54.2% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage is at 45.8% for the season, which is 26th in the NHL. They have 1,402 face-off wins compared to 1,284 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 52.2%. That is 5th in the league. On defense Calgary has 673 hits and they have blocked 572 shots from the opposition, which is 28th in the league. Calgary is 5th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 53.2% as they've attempted 2,728 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,401 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 52.6% ranks 5th as they have 2,031 attempts while they have given up 1,829 shots on the defensive end.
Who will win tonight's Coyotes/Flames NHL game against the spread? Tony's Pick: Take Arizona +180
Tony's Pick: Take Arizona +180
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.