Boston Bruins at Carolina Hurricanes Game 4 Parlay 5/16/2019
Thursday, May 16, 2019
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Boston Bruins head to PNC Arena to take on the Carolina Hurricanes on Thursday in Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Finals. Boston won Game 3 by a score of 2-1 to take a commanding 3-0 series lead. Chris Wagner and Brad Marchand scored the goals and Tuuka Rask stopped 35 Carolina shots to put them on the brink of the Stanley Cup Finals. The opening line for this contest has the Bruins at -105 and the Hurricanes at -115.
Boston had a record of 49-24-9 this year. They were 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They've tallied 257 goals and surrendered 212 goals for a point differential of +45. For the year they have an ATS mark of 59-38-0 and an over/under record of 41-52-0. Carolina had a record of 46-29-7 this season. They were 4th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 243 goals and given up 221 for a goal differential of +22. Their record against the spread is 54-41-0 while their over/under mark is 43-50-0.
Valuable Boston Bruins Betting Trends
The Boston Bruins are 59-38-0 straight up this year
The Boston Bruins are 41-52-0 against the over/under this season
Important Carolina Hurricanes Betting Trends
The Carolina Hurricanes are 54-41-0 straight up this year
The Carolina Hurricanes are 43-50-0 against the over/under this season
Key Boston Bruins Injuries
05/14/19 RW Chris Wagner Arm left last game, is questionable Thursday vs Carolina
04/20/19 D Kevan Miller Lower Body is out indefinitely
Key Carolina Hurricanes Injuries
05/14/19 LW Jordan Martinook Undisclosed is questionable Thursday vs Boston
05/06/19 RW Saku Maenalanen Upper Body is out indefinitely
05/05/19 D Trevor van Riemsdyk Upper Body is out for season
Tuukka Rask has 27 wins and 13 losses this season in goal for the Bruins. He has 1,245 shots against him and he's surrendered 109 goals. He's made 1,136 stops for a save percentage of 91%. Patrice Bergeron has scored 79 total points this year for the Bruins. He has 32 goals this season with 205 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 16%. He has a total of 47 assists on the year and averages 18.5 minutes played per contest. David Krejci averages 17.7 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by tallying 20 goals on 139 attempts. He has 53 assists, giving him a total of 73 points on the year.
Andrei Svechnikov has 37 total points this season for the Hurricanes. He has 20 goals this year with 189 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 17 assists on the year and averages 14.6 minutes played per contest. Curtis McElhinney has 20 wins and 11 losses this season in net for the Hurricanes. He has 968 shots against him and he's given up 85 goals. He's made 883 saves for a save percentage of 91%. Sebastian Aho averages 20.1 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by scoring 30 goals on 243 attempts. He has 53 assists, giving him a total of 83 points on the year.
Useful Team Statistics
The Bruins have given up 244 power play opportunities and surrendered 49 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80% this season. That is 16th in the league. They average 33 shots per contest and as a team shoot 9.59% for the year. They allow 29 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 91%, ranking them 7th in the NHL at stopping the puck. The Bruins are 2nd overall with 107 total points this year. They are 11th in the league with 257 goals and 28th in goals allowed with 212. They've had 251 power play chances and scored 65 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 26%. That is 3rd in the NHL.
Useful Team Statistics
As a team, the Hurricanes are 16th with a total of 243 goals scored while they are 25th with 221 goals surrendered this season. They average 34 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 8.61%. As a unit they give up 29 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 91%, putting them 13th in the league. The Hurricanes have a total of 99 points this season, which is 10th in the NHL. They have had 44 power play goals on 247 chances for a percentage of 18%. That is 20th overall. They've given up 239 power play opportunities and surrendered 44 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%, ranking 8th when short-handed.
Boston is 6th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 52.6%, as they've attempted 4,846 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,374 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is 52.9% as they have 3,732 attempts while they have given up 3,324 shots on the defensive end. That ranks them 5th in the league. The Bruins start possessions in the offensive zone 53.5% of the time, which is 7th in the league, while their defensive zone percentage is at 46.5% for the season. That is 25th overall in the NHL. They have 2,454 face-off wins compared to 2,385 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 50.7%. That ranks them 10th in the league. On defense Boston has 1,876 hits and they have blocked 1,050 shots from the opposition, putting them 28th overall.
The Hurricanes are 2nd in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 54.3% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage is at 45.7% for the season, which is 30th in the NHL. They have 2,436 face-off wins compared to 2,532 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 49%. That is 24th in the league. On defense Carolina has 2,073 hits and they have blocked 1,044 shots from the opposition, which is 29th in the league. Carolina is 1st in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 54.9% as they've attempted 5,296 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,355 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 54.9% ranks 1st as they have 4,036 attempts while they have given up 3,311 shots on the defensive end.
So what is Tonights Parlay prediction? Parlays Pundit's Pick: Take Carolina -115 and under 5.5 total goals Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Parlays Pundit's Pick: Take Carolina -115 and under 5.5 total goals
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.