Carolina Hurricanes at Washington Capitals NHL Point Spread Picks 4/24/2019
Wednesday, April 24, 2019
Capital One Arena
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Carolina Hurricanes travel to Capital One Arena to play the Washington Capitals on Wednesday in Game 7 of their first round series. The Hurricanes forced a Game 7 with a 5-2 win on Monday night. Jordan Staal scored the go-ahead goal and had an assist to lead Carolina. The opening line for this game has the Hurricanes at +122 and the Capitals at -135.
Carolina had a record of 46-29-7 this season. They were 4th in the Metropolitan Division. They have scored 243 goals and given up 221 goals for a point differential of +22. For the season they have an ATS record of 48-39-0 and an over/under record of 37-48-0. Washington had a record of 48-26-8 this year. They were 1st in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 274 goals and surrendered 248 for a goal differential of +26. Their record against the spread is 51-36-0 while their over/under record is 44-40-0.
Valuable Carolina Hurricanes Betting Trends
The Carolina Hurricanes are 48-39-0 straight up this year
The Carolina Hurricanes are 37-48-0 against the over/under this season
Important Washington Capitals Betting Trends
The Washington Capitals are 51-36-0 straight up this year
The Washington Capitals are 44-40-0 against the over/under this season
Key Carolina Hurricanes Injuries
04/22/19 RW Andrei Svechnikov Upper Body is questionable Wednesday vs Washington
04/22/19 LW Micheal Ferland Upper Body is questionable Wednesday vs Washington
Key Washington Capitals Injuries
04/19/19 RW T.J. Oshie Upper Body is out indefinitely
03/21/19 D Michal Kempny Lower Body is out indefinitely
Petr Mrazek has 23 wins and 14 losses this season in net for the Hurricanes. He has 1,104 shots against him and he's given up 95 goals. He's made 1,009 saves for a save percentage of 91%. Nino Niederreiter has accumulated 53 total points this season for the Hurricanes. He has 23 goals this year with 184 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 30 assists on the season and averages 16.2 minutes played per game. Jaccob Slavin averages 23 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 6% by scoring 8 goals on 146 shots. He has 23 assists, giving him a total of 31 points on the season.
Tom Wilson has scored 40 total points this year for the Capitals. He has 22 goals this season with 130 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 17%. He has a total of 18 assists on the season and averages 18.1 minutes played per game. Braden Holtby has 32 wins and 19 losses this year in goal for the Capitals. He has 1,795 shots against him and he's surrendered 160 goals. He's made 1,635 saves for a save percentage of 91%. John Carlson averages 25.1 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 7% by scoring 13 goals on 185 shots. He has 57 assists, giving him a total of 70 points on the season.
Useful Team Statistics
The Hurricanes have allowed 239 power play opportunities and have given up 44 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82% this year. That is 8th in the NHL. They average 34 shots per game and as a team shoot 8.61% for the season. They allow 29 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%, which is ranked 13th in the league. The Hurricanes have 99 total points this season, ranking 10th in the NHL in offense. They are 16th in the league with 243 goals while they've given up 221 goals, which is 25th overall. They have had 247 power play opportunities and scored 44 goals on those chances for a percentage of 18%. That is 20th in the NHL.
Useful Team Statistics
As a team, the Capitals are 5th with 274 goals scored while they are 13th in the NHL with 248 goals allowed this year. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 11.00%. They give up 32 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%, putting them in 17th place in the league. The Capitals have a total of 104 points this year, which is 4th in the NHL. They have 49 power play goals on 236 opportunities for a percentage of 21%. That ranks their power play unit 12th. They've allowed 261 power play opportunities and have given up 55 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%, which is 24th overall.
Carolina is 1st in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 54.9%, as they've attempted 5,296 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,355 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is 54.9% as they have 4,036 attempts while they have given up 3,311 shots on the defensive end. That ranks them 1st in the league. The Hurricanes start possessions in the offensive zone 54.3% of the time, which is 2nd in the league, while their defensive zone percentage is at 45.7% for the season. That is 30th overall in the NHL. They have 2,436 face-off wins compared to 2,532 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 49%. That ranks them 24th in the league. On defense Carolina has 2,073 hits and they have blocked 1,044 shots from the opposition, putting them 29th overall.
The Capitals are 14th in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 51.4% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage is at 48.6% for the season, which is 17th in the NHL. They have 2,160 face-off wins compared to 2,563 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 45.7%. That is 31st in the league. On defense Washington has 1,885 hits and they have blocked 1,234 shots from the opposition, which is 7th in the league. Washington is 20th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 48.9% as they've attempted 4,662 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,875 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 49.5% ranks 19th as they have 3,566 attempts while they have given up 3,641 shots on the defensive end.
Who will win tonight's Hurricanes/Capitals NHL game against the spread? Guy's Pick: Take Washington -135 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Guy's Pick: Take Washington -135
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.