Colorado Avalanche at New York Islanders NHL Game Picks 2/9/2019
Saturday, February 9, 2019
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Colorado Avalanche head to Barclays Center to take on the New York Islanders on Saturday, February 9, 2019. The opening line for this contest has the Avalanche at +130 and the Islanders at -160.
Colorado has a record of 22-22-9 this year. They are 6th in the Central Division. They've tallied 176 goals and surrendered 177 goals for a point differential of -1. For the year they have an ATS mark of 22-30-0 and an over/under record of 28-23-0. New York has a record of 31-16-6 this season. They are 1st in the Metropolitan Division. They have scored 154 goals and given up 129 for a goal differential of +25. Their record against the spread is 30-22-0 while their over/under mark is 17-32-0.
Valuable Colorado Avalanche Betting Trends
The Colorado Avalanche are 22-30-0 straight up this year
The Colorado Avalanche are 28-23-0 against the over/under this season
Important New York Islanders Betting Trends
The New York Islanders are 30-22-0 straight up this year
The New York Islanders are 17-32-0 against the over/under this season
Key Colorado Avalanche Injuries
12/11/18 C Vladislav Kamenev Shoulder is out indefinitely
10/04/18 D Conor Timmins Concussion is out indefinitely
01/21/19 D Erik Johnson Upper Body is out indefinitely
Key New York Islanders Injuries
10/04/18 RW Matt Lorito Undisclosed is out indefinitely
10/01/18 LW Andrew Ladd Lower Body is out indefinitely
02/08/19 RW Cal Clutterbuck Upper Body left last game, is questionable Saturday vs Colorado
02/08/19 D Thomas Hickey Upper Body is upgraded to questionable Saturday vs Colorado
Nathan MacKinnon has scored 73 total points this year for the Avalanche. He has 28 goals this season with 229 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 45 assists on the year and averages 22 minutes played per contest. Mikko Rantanen averages 21.2 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 17% by tallying 24 goals on 138 attempts. He has 51 assists, giving him a total of 75 points on the year. Semyon Varlamov has 13 wins and 13 losses this season in goal for the Avalanche. He has 979 shots against him and he's surrendered 93 goals. He's made 886 stops for a save percentage of 91%.
Anders Lee has 37 total points this season for the Islanders. He has 18 goals this year with 137 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 19 assists on the year and averages 17.2 minutes played per contest. Josh Bailey averages 17.3 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 11 goals on 87 attempts. He has 27 assists, giving him a total of 38 points on the year. Robin Lehner has 16 wins and 8 losses this season in net for the Islanders. He has 818 shots against him and he's given up 56 goals. He's made 762 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Avalanche have 53 total points this year, which is 22nd in the NHL. They've scored 176 goals while giving up 177 scores, which has them ranked 9th and 9th respectively. They have had 196 power play chances and scored 47 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 24%. That is 6th in the league. The Avalanche have given up 186 power play opportunities and surrendered 44 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 76%, ranking them 28th when short-handed. They average 32 shots per contest and as a team shoot 10.24% for the year. They allow 31 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 89%, which is 29th in the league.
Useful Team Statistics
The Islanders are 8th in the league with a total of 68 points this season. They have 25 power play goals on 159 chances for a percentage of 16%. That is 27th in the NHL. They've given up 151 power play opportunities and surrendered 30 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%, ranking 15th overall. As a team, the Islanders are 23rd with a total of 154 goals scored while they've given up 129 goals this season, ranking 31st in goals against. They average 28 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 10.21%. As a unit they give up 31 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 92%, putting them 1st overall in the NHL.
Colorado is 13th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 50.4%, as they've attempted 3,114 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,070 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is 50.5% as they have 2,304 attempts while they have given up 2,257 shots on the defensive end. That ranks them 14th in the league. The Avalanche start possessions in the offensive zone 54.5% of the time, which is 4th in the league, while their defensive zone percentage is at 45.5% for the season. That is 28th overall in the NHL. They have 1,546 face-off wins compared to 1,642 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 48.5%. That ranks them 24th in the league. On defense Colorado has 1,052 hits and they have blocked 813 shots from the opposition, putting them 10th overall.
The Islanders are 29th in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 47.2% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage is at 52.8% for the season, which is 3rd in the NHL. They have 1,424 face-off wins compared to 1,522 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 48.3%. That is 26th in the league. On defense New York has 1,267 hits and they have blocked 813 shots from the opposition, which is 8th in the league. New York is 27th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 47.6% as they've attempted 2,784 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,059 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 47.9% ranks 25th as they have 2,068 attempts while they have given up 2,246 shots on the defensive end.
Who will win tonight's Avalanche/Islanders NHL game against the spread? Tony's Pick: Take Colorado +130 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Tony's Pick: Take Colorado +130
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.