Dallas Stars at Calgary Flames Hockey Betting Tips 3/27/2019
Wednesday, March 27, 2019
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Dallas Stars travel to Scotiabank Saddledome to play the Calgary Flames on Wednesday, March 27, 2019. The opening line for this game has the Stars at +135 and the Flames at -165.
Dallas has a record of 39-31-6 this season. They are 4th in the Central Division. They have scored 193 goals and given up 187 goals for a point differential of +6. For the season they have an ATS record of 38-37-0 and an over/under record of 21-45-0. Calgary has a record of 47-22-7 this year. They are 1st in the Pacific Division. They've scored 268 goals and surrendered 209 for a goal differential of +59. Their record against the spread is 47-28-0 while their over/under record is 38-33-0.
Valuable Dallas Stars Betting Trends
The Dallas Stars are 38-37-0 straight up this year
The Dallas Stars are 21-45-0 against the over/under this season
Important Calgary Flames Betting Trends
The Calgary Flames are 47-28-0 straight up this year
The Calgary Flames are 38-33-0 against the over/under this season
Key Dallas Stars Injuries
12/31/18 C Martin Hanzal Back is out indefinitely
10/03/18 D Stephen Johns Head IR (10/03)
02/26/19 RW Mats Zuccarello Upper Body is out indefinitely
02/21/19 D Marc Methot Lower Body is out for season
01/31/19 C Tyler Pitlick Undisclosed is out indefinitely
Key Calgary Flames Injuries
03/25/19 C Sam Bennett Upper Body is questionable Wednesday vs Dallas
02/20/19 D Michael Stone Arm IR (11/21)
Ben Bishop has 26 wins and 15 losses this season in net for the Stars. He has 1,279 shots against him and he's given up 87 goals. He's made 1,192 saves for a save percentage of 93%. Tyler Seguin has accumulated 73 total points this season for the Stars. He has 31 goals this year with 312 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 42 assists on the season and averages 20.9 minutes played per game. Alexander Radulov averages 19.8 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 24 goals on 192 shots. He has 39 assists, giving him a total of 63 points on the season.
Johnny Gaudreau has scored 92 total points this year for the Flames. He has 35 goals this season with 237 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 15%. He has a total of 57 assists on the season and averages 20.1 minutes played per game. David Rittich has 26 wins and 7 losses this year in goal for the Flames. He has 1,148 shots against him and he's surrendered 102 goals. He's made 1,046 saves for a save percentage of 91%. Sean Monahan averages 19.2 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 31 goals on 201 shots. He has 45 assists, giving him a total of 76 points on the season.
Useful Team Statistics
The Stars have allowed 222 power play opportunities and have given up 40 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82% this year. That is 5th in the NHL. They average 31 shots per game and as a team shoot 8.30% for the season. They allow 31 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%, which is ranked 2nd in the league. The Stars have 84 total points this season, ranking 16th in the NHL in offense. They are 29th in the league with 193 goals while they've given up 187 goals, which is 30th overall. They have had 197 power play opportunities and scored 38 goals on those chances for a percentage of 19%. That is 16th in the NHL.
Useful Team Statistics
As a team, the Flames are 4th with 268 goals scored while they are 23rd in the NHL with 209 goals allowed this year. They average 32 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 10.86%. They give up 28 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%, putting them in 17th place in the league. The Flames have a total of 101 points this year, which is 3rd in the NHL. They have 52 power play goals on 255 opportunities for a percentage of 20%. That ranks their power play unit 14th. They've allowed 235 power play opportunities and have given up 47 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%, which is 19th overall.
Dallas is 24th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 48.2%, as they've attempted 4,201 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,508 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is 48.5% as they have 3,116 attempts while they have given up 3,313 shots on the defensive end. That ranks them 22nd in the league. The Stars start possessions in the offensive zone 46.8% of the time, which is 30th in the league, while their defensive zone percentage is at 53.2% for the season. That is 2nd overall in the NHL. They have 2,342 face-off wins compared to 2,176 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 51.8%. That ranks them 4th in the league. On defense Dallas has 1,722 hits and they have blocked 1,195 shots from the opposition, putting them 5th overall.
The Flames are 6th in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 53.7% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage is at 46.3% for the season, which is 26th in the NHL. They have 2,309 face-off wins compared to 2,126 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 52.1%. That is 3rd in the league. On defense Calgary has 1,144 hits and they have blocked 958 shots from the opposition, which is 29th in the league. Calgary is 4th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 53.5% as they've attempted 4,587 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,990 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 53% ranks 4th as they have 3,420 attempts while they have given up 3,032 shots on the defensive end.
Who will win tonight's Stars/Flames NHL game against the spread? Tony's Pick: Take Dallas +135 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Tony's Pick: Take Dallas +135
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.