New York Islanders at Ottawa Senators NHL Betting Tips 3/7/2019
Thursday, March 7, 2019
Canadian Tire Centre
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The New York Islanders head to Canadian Tire Centre to take on the Ottawa Senators on Thursday, March 7, 2019. The opening line for this contest has the Islanders at -200 and the Senators at +165.
New York has a record of 38-21-7 this year. They are 1st in the Metropolitan Division. They've tallied 188 goals and surrendered 156 goals for a point differential of +32. For the year they have an ATS mark of 37-28-0 and an over/under record of 21-40-0. Ottawa has a record of 23-38-6 this season. They are 8th in the Atlantic Division. They have scored 199 goals and given up 250 for a goal differential of -51. Their record against the spread is 23-43-0 while their over/under mark is 35-26-0.
Valuable New York Islanders Betting Trends
The New York Islanders are 37-28-0 straight up this year
The New York Islanders are 21-40-0 against the over/under this season
Important Ottawa Senators Betting Trends
The Ottawa Senators are 23-43-0 straight up this year
The Ottawa Senators are 35-26-0 against the over/under this season
Key New York Islanders Injuries
03/05/19 GO Robin Lehner Undisclosed injured last game, is questionable Thursday vs Ottawa
Key Ottawa Senators Injuries
10/04/18 RW Marian Gaborik Back is out indefinitely
Josh Bailey has scored 50 total points this year for the Islanders. He has 14 goals this season with 102 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 36 assists on the year and averages 17.1 minutes played per contest. Anders Lee averages 17.2 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by tallying 23 goals on 172 attempts. He has 20 assists, giving him a total of 43 points on the year. Robin Lehner has 20 wins and 11 losses this season in goal for the Islanders. He has 1,080 shots against him and he's surrendered 78 goals. He's made 1,002 stops for a save percentage of 93%.
Chris Tierney has 41 total points this season for the Senators. He has 7 goals this year with 100 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 34 assists on the year and averages 17.2 minutes played per contest. Thomas Chabot averages 24.1 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 8% by scoring 13 goals on 157 attempts. He has 35 assists, giving him a total of 48 points on the year. Anders Nilsson has 11 wins and 16 losses this season in net for the Senators. He has 878 shots against him and he's given up 84 goals. He's made 794 saves for a save percentage of 90%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Islanders have 83 total points this year, which is 7th in the NHL. They've scored 188 goals while giving up 156 scores, which has them ranked 20th and 31st respectively. They have had 190 power play chances and scored 30 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 16%. That is 26th in the league. The Islanders have given up 184 power play opportunities and surrendered 36 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%, ranking them 15th when short-handed. They average 28 shots per contest and as a team shoot 10.01% for the year. They allow 31 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 92%, which is 1st in the league.
Useful Team Statistics
The Senators are 31st in the league with a total of 52 points this season. They have 38 power play goals on 183 chances for a percentage of 21%. That is 13th in the NHL. They've given up 180 power play opportunities and surrendered 38 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%, ranking 22nd overall. As a team, the Senators are 14th with a total of 199 goals scored while they've given up 250 goals this season, ranking 1st in goals against. They average 30 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 9.87%. As a unit they give up 36 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 90%, putting them 25th overall in the NHL.
New York is 28th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 47.3%, as they've attempted 3,444 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,836 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is 47.9% as they have 2,564 attempts while they have given up 2,794 shots on the defensive end. That ranks them 24th in the league. The Islanders start possessions in the offensive zone 47.8% of the time, which is 28th in the league, while their defensive zone percentage is at 52.2% for the season. That is 4th overall in the NHL. They have 1,737 face-off wins compared to 1,884 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 48%. That ranks them 28th in the league. On defense New York has 1,598 hits and they have blocked 1,042 shots from the opposition, putting them 4th overall.
The Senators are 29th in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 47.7% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage is at 52.3% for the season, which is 3rd in the NHL. They have 2,014 face-off wins compared to 2,010 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 50%. That is 15th in the league. On defense Ottawa has 1,441 hits and they have blocked 1,139 shots from the opposition, which is 1st in the league. Ottawa is 31st in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 45.1% as they've attempted 3,635 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,430 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 45.5% ranks 31st as they have 2,751 attempts while they have given up 3,291 shots on the defensive end.
Who will win tonight's Islanders/Senators NHL game against the spread? Josh's Pick: Take Ottawa +165 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Josh's Pick: Take Ottawa +165
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.