New York Islanders at St. Louis Blues NHL Parlay 1/5/2019
Saturday, January 5, 2019
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The New York Islanders head to Enterprise Center to take on the St. Louis Blues on Saturday, January 5, 2019. The opening line for this contest has the Islanders at +105 and the Blues at -130.
New York has a record of 22-13-4 this year. They are 4th in the Metropolitan Division. They've tallied 117 goals and surrendered 104 goals for a point differential of +13. For the year they have an ATS mark of 21-17-0 and an over/under record of 13-22-0. St. Louis has a record of 16-18-4 this season. They are 7th in the Central Division. They've scored 107 goals and given up 125 for a goal differential of -18. Their record against the spread is 15-22-0 while their over/under mark is 17-18-0.
Valuable New York Islanders Betting Trends
The New York Islanders are 21-17-0 straight up this year
The New York Islanders are 13-22-0 against the over/under this season
Important St. Louis Blues Betting Trends
The St. Louis Blues are 15-22-0 straight up this year
The St. Louis Blues are 17-18-0 against the over/under this season
Key New York Islanders Injuries
12/29/18 C Jordan Eberle Undisclosed IR (12/29)
12/19/18 D Thomas Hickey Upper Body IR (12/19)
10/04/18 C John Stevens Undisclosed is out indefinitely
10/04/18 RW Matt Lorito Undisclosed is out indefinitely
10/01/18 LW Andrew Ladd Undisclosed is out indefinitely
01/04/19 C Valtteri Filppula Upper Body is questionable Saturday vs St. Louis
Key St. Louis Blues Injuries
10/04/18 LW Erik Foley Concussion is out indefinitely
01/04/19 RW Vladimir Tarasenko Illness is questionable Saturday vs NY Islanders
Thomas Greiss has 12 wins and 7 losses this season in goal for the Islanders. He has 641 shots against him and he's surrendered 53 goals. He's made 588 stops for a save percentage of 92%. Josh Bailey has scored 31 total points this year for the Islanders. He has 8 goals this season with 67 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 23 assists on the year and averages 17.4 minutes played per contest. Anders Lee averages 17.5 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by tallying 14 goals on 105 attempts. He has 14 assists, giving him a total of 28 points on the year.
Vladimir Tarasenko has 22 total points this season for the Blues. He has 11 goals this year with 137 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 11 assists on the year and averages 18.3 minutes played per contest. Jake Allen has 14 wins and 12 losses this season in net for the Blues. He has 877 shots against him and he's given up 87 goals. He's made 790 saves for a save percentage of 90%. Ryan O'Reilly averages 20.5 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 15 goals on 101 attempts. He has 22 assists, giving him a total of 37 points on the year.
Useful Team Statistics
The Islanders have given up 113 power play opportunities and surrendered 26 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 77% this season. That is 24th in the league. They average 29 shots per contest and as a team shoot 10.39% for the year. They allow 31 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 92%, ranking them 1st in the NHL at stopping the puck. The Islanders are 14th overall with 48 total points this year. They are 21st in the league with 117 goals and 30th in goals allowed with 104. They've had 116 power play chances and scored 19 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 16%. That is 23rd in the NHL.
Useful Team Statistics
As a team, the Blues are 27th with a total of 107 goals scored while they are 14th with 125 goals surrendered this season. They average 31 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 9.17%. As a unit they give up 30 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 89%, putting them 28th in the league. The Blues have a total of 36 points this season, which is 27th in the NHL. They have had 24 power play goals on 117 chances for a percentage of 21%. That is 15th overall. They've given up 130 power play opportunities and surrendered 27 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%, ranking 17th when short-handed.
New York is 25th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 47.5%, as they've attempted 2,057 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,275 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is 47.8% as they have 1,536 attempts while they have given up 1,676 shots on the defensive end. That ranks them 24th in the league. The Islanders start possessions in the offensive zone 47.6% of the time, which is 27th in the league, while their defensive zone percentage is at 52.4% for the season. That is 5th overall in the NHL. They have 1,060 face-off wins compared to 1,146 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 48.1%. That ranks them 26th in the league. On defense New York has 967 hits and they have blocked 599 shots from the opposition, putting them 11th overall.
The Blues are 19th in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 49.7% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage is at 50.3% for the season, which is 14th in the NHL. They have 1,203 face-off wins compared to 1,097 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 52.3%. That is 5th in the league. On defense St. Louis has 767 hits and they have blocked 560 shots from the opposition, which is 20th in the league. St. Louis is 15th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 49.8% as they've attempted 2,105 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,120 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 50.3% ranks 15th as they have 1,577 attempts while they have given up 1,560 shots on the defensive end.
So what is Tonights Parlay prediction? Parlays Pundit's Pick: Take New York +105 and over 5.5 total goals
Parlays Pundit's Pick: Take New York +105 and over 5.5 total goals
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.