San Jose Sharks at Minnesota Wild Hockey Betting Tips and Predictions 3/11/2019
Monday, March 11, 2019
Xcel Energy Center
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The San Jose Sharks head to Xcel Energy Center to take on the Minnesota Wild on Monday, March 11, 2019. The opening line for this contest has the Sharks at -125 and the Wild at +100.
San Jose has a record of 41-19-8 this year. They are 1st in the Pacific Division. They've tallied 246 goals and surrendered 207 goals for a point differential of +39. For the year they have an ATS mark of 41-27-0 and an over/under record of 39-27-0. Minnesota has a record of 33-28-8 this season. They are 5th in the Central Division. They have scored 190 goals and given up 198 for a goal differential of -8. Their record against the spread is 33-36-0 while their over/under mark is 28-35-0.
Valuable San Jose Sharks Betting Trends
The San Jose Sharks are 41-27-0 straight up this year
The San Jose Sharks are 39-27-0 against the over/under this season
Important Minnesota Wild Betting Trends
The Minnesota Wild are 33-36-0 straight up this year
The Minnesota Wild are 28-35-0 against the over/under this season
Key San Jose Sharks Injuries
03/09/19 LW Evander Kane Undisclosed is questionable Monday vs Minnesota
02/28/19 D Erik Karlsson Groin is out indefinitely
Key Minnesota Wild Injuries
12/17/18 D Matt Dumba Upper Body is out indefinitely
03/10/19 C Luke Kunin Undisclosed is questionable Monday vs San Jose
02/21/19 C Victor Rask Lower Body IR (02/21)
02/07/19 C Mikko Koivu Knee is out for season
Brent Burns has scored 73 total points this year for the Sharks. He has 13 goals this season with 250 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 5%. He has a total of 60 assists on the year and averages 24.9 minutes played per contest. Logan Couture averages 18.7 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by tallying 23 goals on 167 attempts. He has 38 assists, giving him a total of 61 points on the year. Martin Jones has 33 wins and 13 losses this season in goal for the Sharks. He has 1,446 shots against him and he's surrendered 147 goals. He's made 1,299 stops for a save percentage of 90%.
Jason Zucker has 37 total points this season for the Wild. He has 20 goals this year with 186 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 17 assists on the year and averages 17.2 minutes played per contest. Zach Parise averages 18.6 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 24 goals on 212 attempts. He has 31 assists, giving him a total of 55 points on the year. Devan Dubnyk has 27 wins and 22 losses this season in net for the Wild. He has 1,588 shots against him and he's given up 141 goals. He's made 1,447 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Sharks have 90 total points this year, which is 3rd in the NHL. They've scored 246 goals while giving up 207 scores, which has them ranked 2nd and 16th respectively. They have had 197 power play chances and scored 50 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 25%. That is 5th in the league. The Sharks have given up 195 power play opportunities and surrendered 37 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%, ranking them 11th when short-handed. They average 34 shots per contest and as a team shoot 10.76% for the year. They allow 28 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 89%, which is 30th in the league.
Useful Team Statistics
The Wild are 18th in the league with a total of 74 points this season. They have 41 power play goals on 205 chances for a percentage of 20%. That is 15th in the NHL. They've given up 210 power play opportunities and surrendered 42 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%, ranking 19th overall. As a team, the Wild are 24th with a total of 190 goals scored while they've given up 198 goals this season, ranking 20th in goals against. They average 31 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 8.74%. As a unit they give up 29 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 90%, putting them 18th overall in the NHL.
San Jose is 3rd in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 53.8%, as they've attempted 4,205 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,611 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is 54.3% as they have 3,197 attempts while they have given up 2,695 shots on the defensive end. That ranks them 3rd in the league. The Sharks start possessions in the offensive zone 53.9% of the time, which is 5th in the league, while their defensive zone percentage is at 46.1% for the season. That is 27th overall in the NHL. They have 2,007 face-off wins compared to 1,946 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 50.8%. That ranks them 11th in the league. On defense San Jose has 1,260 hits and they have blocked 916 shots from the opposition, putting them 23rd overall.
The Wild are 14th in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 51.4% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage is at 48.6% for the season, which is 18th in the NHL. They have 2,062 face-off wins compared to 2,075 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 49.8%. That is 18th in the league. On defense Minnesota has 1,353 hits and they have blocked 1,023 shots from the opposition, which is 10th in the league. Minnesota is 13th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 50.3% as they've attempted 3,932 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,886 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 50.9% ranks 11th as they have 2,964 attempts while they have given up 2,863 shots on the defensive end.
Who will win tonight's Sharks/Wild NHL game against the spread? Guy's Pick: Take San Jose -125
Guy's Pick: Take San Jose -125
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.