St. Louis Blues vs Ottawa Senators NHL Parlay 10/10/2019
Thursday, October 10, 2019
Canadian Tire Centre
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The St. Louis Blues travel to Canadian Tire Centre to play the Ottawa Senators on Thursday, October 10, 2019.
St. Louis has a record of 2-0-1 this season and on the road they have a record of 1-0-0. They are 1st in the Central Division. They've scored 8 goals and given up 7 goals for a point differential of +1. For the season they have an ATS record of 2-1 and an over/under record of 0-2-0. Ottawa is 0-2-0 including 0-1-0 at home this season. They are 8th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 4 goals and surrendered 9 for a goal differential of -5. Their record against the spread is 0-2 while their over/under record is 0-1-0.
Valuable St. Louis Blues Betting Trends
The St. Louis Blues are 2-1 straight up this year
The St. Louis Blues are 0-2-0 against the over/under this season
Important Ottawa Senators Betting Trends
The Ottawa Senators are 0-2 straight up this year
The Ottawa Senators are 0-1-0 against the over/under this season
The St. Louis Blues came out of this game feeling pretty good about themselves with a 3 - 2 victory against the Toronto Maple Leafs in their last contest. The Blues offense showed they have some room for improvement in the win. In this outing, they netted 3 of the 30 shots they tried. Moreover, they had 3 power play opportunities but weren't able to net one. St. Louis racked up a total of 6 penalty mins for this outing. The Corsi for the Blues was 28 and the Corsi against was 106 which earned them a Corsi percentage of 20.9%. Their Fenwick was 24 while the Fenwick against sat at 92, meaning they had a Fenwick percentage of 20.7%. They won 21 face-off wins at even strength and were beaten on 23 of all total face-offs. Their offensive zone starts were rated at 45.2% and they had a PDO of 108.5 for this matchup. With regard to the opposition's stats, the Toronto Maple Leafs earned a total of 34 shots. They had 8 penalty mins and they earned a total of 2 power play attempts.
The Ottawa Senators played the New York Rangers in a game where the Senators ended up taking the loss by a tally of 4 - 1. For this matchup, Ottawa went home with a 48.7% Corsi rating. That percentage was had by earning a Corsi of 76 while the opposition had a Corsi of 80. Their Fenwick percentage was 49.1% by notching a Fenwick of 53 and the Rangers having earned a 55 Fenwick. These Corsi statistics are telling of the type of game that Ottawa played and the stats tell us that they didn't play well overall. Their PDO was 100.2 and they'll go home having earned an oZS percentage of 58.0%. The Senators scored 1 goal out of the 32 shots on goal they pursued. They had 5 power play opportunities in this one but didn't put one in the back of the net. Regarding their opponent, the Rangers had 3 power play attempts and used that advantage to score 2 goals of those opportunities. Ottawa conceded 30 shots on goal and the Rangers had a total of 10 penalty mins.
Useful Team Statistics
The Blues have 5 total points this season, which ranks them 8th in the NHL. They are 19th in the league in goals scored with 8 while they've given up 7 goals, ranking them 22nd overall. They have had 7 power play opportunities and have scored 1 goal on those chances for a percentage of 14%. That is 21st in the NHL. The Blues have allowed 7 power play opportunities and have given up 1 goal on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 86%, putting them 11th in the league when short-handed. They average 27 shots per game and as a team shoot 9.76% for the season. They allow 32 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 93%. That puts them 6th in the league in stopping the puck.
Useful Team Statistics
The Senators are 26th in the NHL with a total of 0 points this year. They have 0 power play goals on 8 opportunities for a percentage of 0%. That ranks them 26th in the league as a power play unit. They've allowed 8 power play opportunities and have given up 3 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 63%. That is 27th in the NHL. As a team, the Senators are 26th in the league with 4 goals scored while they've given up 9 goals, which is 12th overall. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 6.90%. As a team they give up 36 shots per game and have a save percentage of 88%. That is 25th in the NHL.
St. Louis is 31st in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 34.6%, as they've attempted 108 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 204 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is 33.9% as they have 85 attempts while they have given up 166 shots on the defensive end. That ranks them 31st in the league. The Blues start possessions in the offensive zone 53.9% of the time, which is 9th in the league, while their defensive zone percentage is at 46.1% for the season. That is 23rd overall in the NHL. They have 95 face-off wins compared to 90 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 51.4%. That ranks them 12th in the league. On defense St. Louis has 66 hits and they have blocked 38 shots from the opposition, putting them 20th overall.
The Senators are 5th in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 56.7% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage is at 43.3% for the season, which is 27th in the NHL. They have 78 face-off wins compared to 54 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 59.1%. That is 2nd in the league. On defense Ottawa has 81 hits and they have blocked 36 shots from the opposition, which is 22nd in the league. Ottawa is 26th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 45.5% as they've attempted 111 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 133 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 45.5% ranks 24th as they have 81 attempts while they have given up 97 shots on the defensive end.
Who will win tonight's Blues/Senators NHL game against the spread? Parlays Pundit's Pick: Take Ottawa Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Parlays Pundit's Pick: Take Ottawa
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.