Vegas Golden Knights at Vancouver Canucks NHL Picks and Tips 3/9/2019
Saturday, March 9, 2019
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Vegas Golden Knights head to Rogers Arena to take on the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday, March 9, 2019. The opening line for this contest has the Golden Knights at -205 and the Canucks at +155.
Vegas has a record of 37-26-5 this year. They are 3rd in the Pacific Division. They've tallied 200 goals and surrendered 186 goals for a point differential of +14. For the year they have an ATS mark of 37-31-0 and an over/under record of 30-34-0. Vancouver has a record of 28-31-9 this season. They are 6th in the Pacific Division. They have scored 182 goals and given up 207 for a goal differential of -25. Their record against the spread is 28-40-0 while their over/under mark is 28-36-0.
Valuable Vegas Golden Knights Betting Trends
The Vegas Golden Knights are 37-31-0 straight up this year
The Vegas Golden Knights are 30-34-0 against the over/under this season
Important Vancouver Canucks Betting Trends
The Vancouver Canucks are 28-40-0 straight up this year
The Vancouver Canucks are 28-36-0 against the over/under this season
Key Vegas Golden Knights Injuries
11/07/18 LW Erik Haula Knee is out indefinitely
03/03/19 LW William Carrier Upper Body is out indefinitely
Key Vancouver Canucks Injuries
03/07/19 D Ben Hutton Foot is doubtful Saturday vs Vegas
02/21/19 D Christopher Tanev Lower Body IR (02/21)
02/21/19 RW Jake Virtanen Upper Body is out indefinitely
02/15/19 C Brandon Sutter Undisclosed is out indefinitely
02/05/19 LW Sven Baertschi Illness IR (02/05)
Jon Marchessault has scored 46 total points this year for the Golden Knights. He has 20 goals this season with 240 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 26 assists on the year and averages 18.5 minutes played per contest. William Karlsson averages 19.1 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by tallying 19 goals on 144 attempts. He has 24 assists, giving him a total of 43 points on the year. Marc-Andre Fleury has 33 wins and 19 losses this season in goal for the Golden Knights. He has 1,601 shots against him and he's surrendered 141 goals. He's made 1,460 stops for a save percentage of 91%.
Bo Horvat has 48 total points this season for the Canucks. He has 23 goals this year with 198 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 25 assists on the year and averages 21 minutes played per contest. Brock Boeser averages 19.3 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 21 goals on 165 attempts. He has 25 assists, giving him a total of 46 points on the year. Jacob Markstrom has 24 wins and 19 losses this season in net for the Canucks. He has 1,626 shots against him and he's given up 139 goals. He's made 1,487 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Golden Knights have 79 total points this year, which is 13th in the NHL. They've scored 200 goals while giving up 186 scores, which has them ranked 17th and 23rd respectively. They have had 199 power play chances and scored 35 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 18%. That is 21st in the league. The Golden Knights have given up 195 power play opportunities and surrendered 35 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%, ranking them 7th when short-handed. They average 35 shots per contest and as a team shoot 8.52% for the year. They allow 29 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 91%, which is 12th in the league.
Useful Team Statistics
The Canucks are 26th in the league with a total of 65 points this season. They have 32 power play goals on 215 chances for a percentage of 15%. That is 29th in the NHL. They've given up 217 power play opportunities and surrendered 42 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%, ranking 15th overall. As a team, the Canucks are 27th with a total of 182 goals scored while they've given up 207 goals this season, ranking 14th in goals against. They average 30 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 9.03%. As a unit they give up 31 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 90%, putting them 18th overall in the NHL.
Vegas is 2nd in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 54.7%, as they've attempted 4,389 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,636 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is 54.6% as they have 3,230 attempts while they have given up 2,691 shots on the defensive end. That ranks them 2nd in the league. The Golden Knights start possessions in the offensive zone 54.6% of the time, which is 3rd in the league, while their defensive zone percentage is at 45.4% for the season. That is 30th overall in the NHL. They have 2,057 face-off wins compared to 2,046 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 50.1%. That ranks them 15th in the league. On defense Vegas has 1,919 hits and they have blocked 945 shots from the opposition, putting them 20th overall.
The Canucks are 22nd in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 48.9% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage is at 51.1% for the season, which is 10th in the NHL. They have 1,996 face-off wins compared to 2,066 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 49.1%. That is 22nd in the league. On defense Vancouver has 1,493 hits and they have blocked 1,016 shots from the opposition, which is 9th in the league. Vancouver is 22nd in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 48.7% as they've attempted 3,773 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,979 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 48.8% ranks 21st as they have 2,820 attempts while they have given up 2,963 shots on the defensive end.
Who will win tonight's Golden Knights/Canucks NHL game against the spread? Josh's Pick: Take Vancouver +155 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Josh's Pick: Take Vancouver +155
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.