Denmark vs France Group C World Cup Picks & Predictions 6/26/2018
World Cup Group C
Tuesday, June 26, 2018
Denmark will play at Luzhniki Stadium when they take on France on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 in a Group C matchup. The opening line for this game has Denmark at +480 and France at -167. The total has been set at 2.25.
This should be a very entertaining spectacle for neutral fans as both teams deploy an aggressive style that should result in many shots on goal. France is the favorites coming into this game, but Denmark certainly has the players to pull off an upset.
Denmark's focus in this game will be the same as it's been for months now: Get the ball to Christian Eriksen and hope he can produce some magic. The problem in this matchup is that France does a good job of retaining possession, which is going to limit Eriksen's ability to influence the game. If Denmark wants to take all three points from this contest, the midfield and defense will need to step up and put a lot of pressure on France's talented outfield players.
France has many offensive weapons at its disposal, so the veteran Danish keeper will need to play on his toes. He is still one of his team's top talents and he will need to lead from the back throughout this matchup. You can be sure that the 31-year-old will need to make at least a couple of big saves to keep his team in this one.
The 24-year-old forward has good size and is known for his unselfishness, which are two attributes that could be huge in this matchup. Poulsen was able to pick up a goal in Denmark's first fixture, but he does have a bit of a bad reputation for missing easier chances. He will need to have his shot accuracy on in this one.
The seventh-ranked team in the world will be looking to prove something against the only team that was expected to challenge them for the top spot in Group C. If they can put everything together in this game, France could walk away with a big win and a lot of confidence going into the round of 16. Their focus will be to get the ball to all of that talent they have up front and hope they can weave regularly their ways past the Danish defense.
Kylian Mbappe might be the most famous of the French wingers, but Dembele plays an equally crucial role in this offensive attack. The 21-year-old Barcelona talent will want to go straight at the French defenders and either gets shots himself or creates opportunities for Mbappe and star forward Antoine Griezmann.
The Tottenham goalkeeper will need to be at his best in this one since Denmark loves to play balls through the air and they have very talented distance shooters. Lloris loves to come off of his line to break up the opposition's offensive attacks, so he could play a big defensive role for France and he might get a few key counter attacks going for them.
Key Denmark Injuries
No key injuries to report
Key France Injuries
No key injuries to report
Who will win tonight's Denmark/France World Cup game against the spread?
Guy's Pick: Take Denmark +480
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Today's Soccer Picks
Get all of Today's Guaranteed Expert Soccer Picks
Most Recent Soccer Picks
- Bayer Leverkusen vs SC Freiburg Prediction, 2/28/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Werder Bremen vs Eintracht Frankfurt Prediction, 2/26/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- VfB Stuttgart vs FC Schalke 04 Prediction, 2/27/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Chelsea vs Manchester United Prediction, 2/28/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Bayern Munich vs 1. FC Koln Prediction, 2/27/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- FSV Mainz 05 vs FC Augsburg Prediction, 2/28/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Everton vs Southampton Prediction, 3/1/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Borussia Dortmund vs Arminia Bielefeld Prediction, 2/27/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Granada vs Elche Prediction, 2/28/2021 La Liga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Tottenham vs Burnley Prediction, 2/28/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds