Egypt vs Uruguay Group A World Cup Picks & Predictions 6/15/2018
World Cup Group A
Friday, June 15, 2018
Egypt will play at Ekaterinburg Arena when they take on Uruguay on Friday, June 15, 2018 in a Group A matchup. The opening line for this game has Egypt at +575 and Uruguay at -200. The total has been set at 2.5. Many people see Uruguay and Egypt as the favorites to make it out of Group A, so this opening tilt is obviously a big one for both teams. Both teams had solid runs through their qualifying rounds and they will be looking to use that momentum early on during group play. Uruguay is the favorite to take this opening game, but Egypt certainly has the players to score goals and surprise higher-rated opponents.
This will be Egypt's first World Cup appearance since way back in 1990, so you can be sure that their team and their fans will be looking forward to this opening matchup. More than most teams in this tournament, The Pharaohs like to sit back and keep the score low and close, but they also have quite a bit of talent up front when they do push forward. Egypt is coming into the 2018 World Cup as the 46th ranked team in the world. Manager Hector Cuper is known for his defensive approach, which isn't the most attractive brand of football but has helped his team do well in recent tournaments.
Coming off of that nasty injury sustained in the Champions League final, many are wondering if Salah will be at full health at the World Cup. If he is, he could carry Egypt on his back and lead them into the round of 16.
Egypt will once again rely heavily on their defense to keep them in their games, especially against Uruguay, and Hegazy is their best man in the middle. The West Brom center back has 43 caps to his name now and most recently earned a spot on the Best XI team for the African Cup of Nations tournament.
Neutral fans love having teams like Uruguay in the World Cup because they know they'll be treated to an entertaining brand of football. They have a ton of talent up front and they have multiple players that can produce the spectacular. They have also improved their midfield in recent years by bringing in young players who are willing to push forward. Ranked 17th in the world, Uruguay isn't quite as revered as they were a decade ago, though they do have the talent to beat a lot of the teams ahead of them. Oscar Tabarez will be coaching for his fourth consecutive World Cup.
Suarez has been a supporting actor for superstar Lionel Messi since his move to Barcelona, but he remains Uruguay's top man. He will be relied upon to create and score goals in his team's high-flying attack.
With 100 caps and 42 goals to his name, Cavani is the player to get the ball to in front of the net. He is coming off an excellent qualification round, where he led the group with 10 goals. If Uruguay can dictate the tempo against Egypt and the other teams in Group A, you can expect Cavani to be one of the top scorers in the first round of the World Cup.
Key Egypt Injuries
No key injuries to report
Key Uruguay Injuries
No key injuries to report
Who will win tonight's Egypt/Uruguay World Cup game against the spread?
Tony's Pick: Take Egypt +575
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Today's Soccer Picks
Get all of Today's Guaranteed Expert Soccer Picks
Most Recent Soccer Picks
- Wolverhampton vs West Brom Prediction, 1/16/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Sheffield United vs Tottenham Prediction, 1/17/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Leeds United vs Brighton Prediction, 1/16/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Arsenal vs Newcastle United Prediction, 1/18/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Manchester City vs Crystal Palace Prediction, 1/17/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Leicester City vs Southampton Prediction, 1/16/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- West Ham United vs Burnley Prediction, 1/16/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Liverpool vs Manchester United Prediction, 1/17/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Fulham vs Chelsea Prediction, 1/16/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- 1899 Hoffenheim vs Arminia Bielefeld Prediction, 1/16/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds