England vs Belgium Group G World Cup Picks & Predictions 6/28/2018
World Cup Group G
Thursday, June 28, 2018
England will play at Kaliningrad Stadium when they take on Belgium on Thursday, June 28, 2018 in a Group G matchup. The opening line for this game has England at +190 and Belgium at +155. The total has been set at 2.5.
In a game that just about every soccer fan will be looking forward to watching, this will be both teams' final Group G fixture. These will probably be the two teams moving forward in the group, but both will want to finish up on top both for pride and for more favorable fixtures in the round of 16. Belgium has the slight edge on talent, but it is very hard to predict who is going to win this game.
Many England fans will worry going into this fixture against Belgium that head coach Gareth Southgate will take a very conservative approach to this game. However, he seems to be learning that this group of young talent is best when they are on the front foot, so chances are we can expect to see a more balanced approach. If England can get the ball to their attackers' feet often in this one, they have a real chance of getting the win.
The new top keeper for England will be playing in the biggest game of his life in this one. Pickford is known for his great shot-stopping abilities, and you can be sure those abilities will be tested in this fixture. Belgium will throw many players forward and will try to use their creative forwards to confuse Pickford and the England defense, so the 24-year-old is going to need to stay on his toes throughout this contest.
Considering how solid Belgium's midfield is, England will need Henderson to keep the opposing attack in front of him in this game. He will also once again be relied upon to pick out some good passes when England has possession. The 27-year-old Liverpool captain needs to be on top of his game if England wants to get a good result from this one.
Belgium has possibly the best collection of creative midfielders in the world, and they certainly have the skills to break this England defense down. They might even opt for a slightly more aggressive style in this matchup because England doesn't often score more than two, while Belgium has the players to put three or more goals past most of the teams that they face.
After scoring two goals in Belgium's opening fixture against Panama, the 25-year-old Manchester United striker let everyone know that he is at his very best right now. There isn't much depth behind Lukaku at the striker position, so he will need to keep himself on the field and create problems for the England defense.
Vertonghen, along with the rest of the Belgian defense, will be tasked with slowing down England's wingers on the counter attack and keeping striker Harry Kane from getting open chances. Vertonghen is the leader of this defense with over 100 caps, so it will be up to him to make sure his team is positioned correctly and that England never gets conformable with the ball.
Key England Injuries
No key injuries to report
Key Belgium Injuries
No key injuries to report
Who will win tonight's England/Belgium World Cup game against the spread?
Josh's Pick: Take England +190
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Today's Soccer Picks
Get all of Today's Guaranteed Expert Soccer Picks
Most Recent Soccer Picks
- Philadelphia Union vs Columbus Crew Prediction, 6/23/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Chicago Fire vs FC Cincinnati Prediction, 6/23/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- New England Revolution vs New York Red Bulls Prediction, 6/23/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Orlando City SC vs San Jose Earthquakes Prediction, 6/22/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Sporting KC vs Colorado Rapids Prediction, 6/23/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Seattle Sounders FC vs Real Salt Lake Prediction, 6/23/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Nashville SC vs Toronto FC Prediction, 6/23/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Minnesota United FC vs Austin FC Prediction, 6/23/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- CF Montreal vs D.C. United Prediction, 6/23/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Los Angeles FC vs FC Dallas Prediction, 6/23/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds