Saudi Arabia vs Egypt Group A World Cup Picks & Predictions 6/25/2018
World Cup Group A
Monday, June 25, 2018
Saudi Arabia will take on Egypt at Volgograd Arena in a Group A matchup on Monday, June 25, 2018. The opening line for this World Cup matchup has Saudi Arabia at +370 and Egypt at -118. The total opened at 2.25.
Egypt is the favorite due to them having a bit more talent up front and Saudi Arabia's inability to handle quicker teams. Saudi Arabia doesn't have too much of a chance to pick up points in this one, but you can be sure that they will try to push forward and they will get some chances in front of goal.
A big task for Saudi Arabia in this game against Egypt is getting forward from a defensive position. They like to counterattack, but that is going to be really tough since Egypt likes to press after losing possession. If Saudi Arabia can pick out the holes in the defense, they could put Egypt keeper Essam El-Hadary under some pressure.
The 26-year-old full back is going to be tasked with the job of shutting down Egypt's talented wingers. He's not really known for his defensive skills, but if Saudi Arabia can sustain some possession, watch for al-Shahrani to push forward and take on some opposing defenders with his impressive dribbling skills.
Saudi Arabia will depend on the 25-year-old central midfielder to consistently make good decisions when the ball is at his feet. He has excellent passing skills, but fans will wonder whether he can keep his composure against Egypt's constant pressure. If Saudi Arabia does get a point or three from this matchup, you can be pretty sure that Otayf had a lot to do with it.
Egypt's biggest worry in this game (besides Mohamed Salah's health) will be whether they can produce in front of goal. They will know that they can get opportunities against Saudi Arabia's defense, but they've had problems in the past with their final product. They should not lose this game, but it wouldn't be a huge shock if they waste some chances that they should have made. With that being said, expect coach Hector Cuper to have a very aggressive approach in this game to maximize his team's chances of getting one or more goals.
The Arsenal defensive midfielder probably won't have to drop too deep in this matchup, but he will have a big job to do. Saudi Arabia loves to counter attack and will do so through any lane on the pitch. If Elneny can step up and plug those holes, expect to see Egypt counter those counters quite quickly and perhaps steal an extra goal or two.
Gabr may be a bit more important than defensive leader Hegazi in this one. The 26-year-old has good pace, which should help when Saudi Arabia attempts to make runs behind the defensive line. If he can keep his composure throughout this contest, he could help Egypt keep a clean sheet in this matchup.
Key Saudi Arabia Injuries
No key injuries to report
Key Egypt Injuries
No key injuries to report
Who will win tonight's Saudi Arabia/Egypt World Cup game against the spread?
Guy's Pick: Take Egypt -118
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Today's Soccer Picks
Get all of Today's Guaranteed Expert Soccer Picks
Most Recent Soccer Picks
- Southampton vs Arsenal Prediction, 1/26/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- West Brom vs Manchester City Prediction, 1/26/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Crystal Palace vs West Ham United Prediction, 1/26/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Newcastle United vs Leeds United Prediction, 1/26/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Hertha BSC vs Werder Bremen Prediction, 1/23/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- SC Freiburg vs VfB Stuttgart Prediction, 1/23/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Arminia Bielefeld vs Eintracht Frankfurt Prediction, 1/23/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Alaves vs Real Madrid Prediction, 1/23/2021 La Liga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- FC Augsburg vs Union Berlin Prediction, 1/23/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Levante vs Valladolid Prediction, 1/22/2021 La Liga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds