South Korea vs Germany Group F World Cup Picks & Predictions 6/27/2018
World Cup Group F
Wednesday, June 27, 2018
South Korea will take on Germany at Kazan Arena in a Group F matchup on Wednesday, June 27, 2018. The opening line for this World Cup matchup has South Korea at +1500 and Germany at -590. The total opened at 3.
Germany is clearly the more talented squad in this matchup, but South Korea will try to do all it can to keep them uncomfortable. Chances are Germany will win even if South Korea plays near-perfect defense, but the real question is whether they can dominate and show the other teams moving forward that they are still the team to fear at this World Cup.
South Korea will mostly be playing for pride in this matchup against the top-ranked team in the world, so expect them to play very tight defense in hopes of holding Germany to as few goals as possible. Germany has made some key mistakes in the back early on in this World Cup, so South Korea could get a couple of good chances to score as well.
An auto-pick in this South Korean team, Kim has been a consistently solid central defender for his country for a while now. Of course, he doesn't usually have to face juggernauts like Germany, so it will be interesting to see if he can stay focused and lead his defense. The 28-year-old has good size and athleticism, which he'll need to use to slow down Germany's potent attack.
The young attacker probably gives South Korea the best chance of doing something when they have the ball. The 22-year-old is fearless with the ball at his feet and he's equally good at dribbling and shooting. Expect him to pop up in different spots in the final third and to try to confuse the German defense.
Germany will need to get all three points from this final Group F tilt against South Korea, so you can expect them to take more chances up front. That would be risky for most teams, but the Germans have an insane amount of talent all over the pitch, and the South Koreans do not have the best defense. If Germany gets it going early, they could realistically score four or more goals in this matchup.
The 28-year-old attacking midfielder has been one of Germany's top scorers for a while now, and he should be able to find the back of the net at least once in this matchup. He will start out on the right side of Germany's offense, but you can be sure that he will move around often to get in prime scoring positions.
One of Germany's most underrated players, Khedira is excellent at just about everything he's tasked with in this team. He can break up play in the midfield, he can pick out the right passes, and he'll even score a goal from time to time. His main job in this game against South Korea will be to get the ball back as quickly as possible for his team and then just as quickly get it to one of his forwards.
Key South Korea Injuries
No key injuries to report
Key Germany Injuries
No key injuries to report
Who will win tonight's South Korea/Germany World Cup game against the spread?
Tony's Pick: Take Germany -590
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Today's Soccer Picks
Get all of Today's Guaranteed Expert SoccerPicks
Most Recent Soccer Picks
- Portland Timbers vs Orlando City SC Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 8/11/2020
- Philadelphia Union vs Portland Timbers Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 8/5/2020
- Orlando City SC vs Minnesota United FC Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 8/6/2020
- San Jose Earthquakes vs Minnesota United FC Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 8/1/2020
- New York City FC vs Portland Timbers Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 8/1/2020
- Orlando City SC vs Los Angeles FC Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 7/31/2020
- Philadelphia Union vs Sporting KC Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 7/30/2020
- Portland Timbers vs FC Cincinnati Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 7/28/2020
- Columbus Crew vs Minnesota United FC Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 7/28/2020
- Seattle Sounders FC vs Los Angeles FC Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 7/27/2020