South Korea vs Mexico Group F World Cup Picks & Predictions 6/23/2018
World Cup Group F
Saturday, June 23, 2018
South Korea will take on Mexico at Rostov Arena in a Group F matchup on Saturday, June 23, 2018. The opening line for this World Cup matchup has South Korea at +750 and Mexico at -245. The total opened at 2.25.
If Mexico is going to make it to its seventh consecutive round of 16, they will probably need to grab all three points from this match against South Korea. Both teams have plenty of talent in their attacking fronts and some issues in the midfield, so fans can expect to see quite a few scoring opportunities on both sides. Mexico's experience and slight edge in attack will make them favorites in this Group F matchup, but it wouldn't be too surprising if South Korea is able to grab at least one point.
South Korea is not the most talented team in this group, but they do have a lot of experience and chemistry. They will know that the chances of them getting through to the next round depend heavily on what happens in this game, so they might take a more conservative approach against the Mexicans. If they're going to win, they will need to get the ball to star forward Son Heung-min early and often.
South Korea's X-Factor player, Lee has been the most impressive player in Korea's K-League for a couple of years now. He can line up anywhere in the midfielder and he is arguably the top passer on this team. Look for him to sync up with the forwards often and to run towards the box himself when he can.
The South Korean number one goalkeeper will have a lot of work to do against Mexico. Not only will he need to make big stops for his country, he will also need to get his offense started on the counterattack. Kim is known for being a great leader and he can make some fantastic reaction saves when he's called upon.
There is a lot of talent up front and in the back for Mexico, but there are real question marks in the midfield. They are known for leaving huge holes up the middle of the pitch, leading to goal scoring opportunities for the opposition. If they can limit the mistakes in the midfield against South Korea, Mexico should be able to get all three points from this game. If they can't, expect this to be a very tight affair.
With 66 caps and five goals for Mexico in his career, Herrera is the leader of the midfield and will be tasked with keeping everyone else in the correct positions. The Porto captain is confident with the ball at his feet and usually attempts at least one long-distance shot per game.
Lozano has the best chance of making a name for himself during this year's World Cup. The 22-year-old winger will probably see a lot of the ball in this matchup with South Korea, and neutral fans should be very impressed by his quickness and fearlessness when he has the ball at his feet. He's been able to score seven goals in 26 appearances for Mexico so far in his career.
Key South Korea Injuries
No key injuries to report
Key Mexico Injuries
No key injuries to report
Who will win tonight's South Korea/Mexico World Cup game against the spread?
Josh's Pick: Take Mexico -245
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Today's Soccer Picks
Get all of Today's Guaranteed Expert Soccer Picks
Most Recent Soccer Picks
- FSV Mainz 05 vs VfL Wolfsburg Prediction, 1/19/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Alaves vs Sevilla Prediction, 1/19/2021 La Liga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- West Ham United vs West Brom Prediction, 1/19/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Leicester City vs Chelsea Prediction, 1/19/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Hertha BSC vs 1899 Hoffenheim Prediction, 1/19/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Cadiz vs Levante Prediction, 1/19/2021 La Liga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Valladolid vs Elche Prediction, 1/19/2021 La Liga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Bayer Leverkusen vs Borussia Dortmund Prediction, 1/19/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Monchengladbach vs Werder Bremen Prediction, 1/19/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Manchester City vs Crystal Palace Prediction, 1/17/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds