Canada vs New Zealand Expert World Cup Picks Against the Spread 6/15/2019
Women's World Cup
Saturday, June 15, 2019
Stade des Alpes
Canada will head to Stade des Alpes when they face New Zealand on Saturday, June 15, 2019 in a Women's World Cup matchup. The opening line for this game has Canada priced at -256 and New Zealand coming in at +583. The bet for a draw is +293.
Canada will be looking to get one step closer to reaching the Women's World Cup knockout stages when they take on New Zealand on Saturday afternoon. Canada had plenty of great opportunities in their opening fixture versus Cameroon, but they had to settle for a 1-0 victory. New Zealand played a tightly fought game against Netherlands in their opening match, but they came up just short in a 1-0 defeat. Canada, which came into the tournament ranked fifth in the world, will be the favorites in this matchup.
Canada is one of the top-ranked teams in the world for a reason. They have an excellent attack, they've only given up one goal in their last nine games, and they have a team built to match up with any team they go up against. If they play like they're capable of playing against this New Zealand team, they should be able to book their place in the quarterfinals early.
Related : How to Bet on Soccer
Christine Sinclair - Sinclair, who has scored 181 goals in 283 national team appearances over her illustrious career, will be itching to put one last piece of major silverware on her shelf. The veteran forward should see plenty of the ball in this game against New Zealand , so don't be surprised if she puts one or more in the back of the net before the 90 minutes are up.
Kadiesha Buchanan - Buchanan is one of the up and coming stars for this Canadian side. The 23-year-old played excellent defense in that game against Cameroon, but, more importantly, she scored the goal that gave her team the three points. Canada should see the majority of the possession in this game against New Zealand and Buchanan will be looking to keep clean sheet streak alive by playing solid defense.
New Zealand will be big underdogs against Canada, but they'll know that they still have a chance to make it through to the next round if they're able to keep their goal difference low. Expect them to put everyone back to try to deal with Canada's attack in this one. If they can frustrate the Canadians enough with good team defense, they may even have a shot to pick up a point.
Abby Erceg - With 139 national team appearances, Erceg is with the New Zealand team again both for her leadership and her ability to keep the defense's shape intact. This game against Canada is a big test for her and the other defenders to maintain their shape for 90 minutes and to stop Canada's highly rated attack from getting going.
Sarah Gregorius - Gregorius is going to have a very tough job on Saturday. The 31-year-old striker will be up front by herself and chances are she will not see the ball as much as she'd like to throughout the game. When she does get the ball, though, she will need to keep possession for her team and make the most of any of the chances she gets.
Who will win tonight's Canada/New Zealand World Cup game against the spread?
Guy's Pick: Take Canada -256
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Today's Free Soccer Picks
Get all of Today's Expert Soccer Picks
Most Recent Soccer Picks
- Atlanta United FC vs CF Montreal Prediction, 9/23/2023 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Austin FC vs LA Galaxy Prediction, 9/24/2023 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Philadelphia Union vs Los Angeles FC Prediction, 9/23/2023 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Minnesota United FC vs St. Louis City SC Prediction, 9/23/2023 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- FC Dallas vs Columbus Crew Prediction, 9/23/2023 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Real Salt Lake vs Vancouver Whitecaps FC Prediction, 9/23/2023 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Orlando City SC vs Inter Miami CF Prediction, 9/24/2023 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- San Jose Earthquakes vs Nashville SC Prediction, 9/23/2023 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Chicago Fire vs New England Revolution Prediction, 9/23/2023 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- D.C. United vs New York Red Bulls Prediction, 9/23/2023 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds