Canada vs New Zealand Expert World Cup Picks Against the Spread 6/15/2019
Women's World Cup
Saturday, June 15, 2019
Stade des Alpes
Canada will head to Stade des Alpes when they face New Zealand on Saturday, June 15, 2019 in a Women's World Cup matchup. The opening line for this game has Canada priced at -256 and New Zealand coming in at +583. The bet for a draw is +293.
Canada will be looking to get one step closer to reaching the Women's World Cup knockout stages when they take on New Zealand on Saturday afternoon. Canada had plenty of great opportunities in their opening fixture versus Cameroon, but they had to settle for a 1-0 victory. New Zealand played a tightly fought game against Netherlands in their opening match, but they came up just short in a 1-0 defeat. Canada, which came into the tournament ranked fifth in the world, will be the favorites in this matchup.
Canada is one of the top-ranked teams in the world for a reason. They have an excellent attack, they've only given up one goal in their last nine games, and they have a team built to match up with any team they go up against. If they play like they're capable of playing against this New Zealand team, they should be able to book their place in the quarterfinals early.
Related : How to Bet on Soccer
Christine Sinclair - Sinclair, who has scored 181 goals in 283 national team appearances over her illustrious career, will be itching to put one last piece of major silverware on her shelf. The veteran forward should see plenty of the ball in this game against New Zealand , so don't be surprised if she puts one or more in the back of the net before the 90 minutes are up.
Kadiesha Buchanan - Buchanan is one of the up and coming stars for this Canadian side. The 23-year-old played excellent defense in that game against Cameroon, but, more importantly, she scored the goal that gave her team the three points. Canada should see the majority of the possession in this game against New Zealand and Buchanan will be looking to keep clean sheet streak alive by playing solid defense.
New Zealand will be big underdogs against Canada, but they'll know that they still have a chance to make it through to the next round if they're able to keep their goal difference low. Expect them to put everyone back to try to deal with Canada's attack in this one. If they can frustrate the Canadians enough with good team defense, they may even have a shot to pick up a point.
Abby Erceg - With 139 national team appearances, Erceg is with the New Zealand team again both for her leadership and her ability to keep the defense's shape intact. This game against Canada is a big test for her and the other defenders to maintain their shape for 90 minutes and to stop Canada's highly rated attack from getting going.
Sarah Gregorius - Gregorius is going to have a very tough job on Saturday. The 31-year-old striker will be up front by herself and chances are she will not see the ball as much as she'd like to throughout the game. When she does get the ball, though, she will need to keep possession for her team and make the most of any of the chances she gets.
Who will win tonight's Canada/New Zealand World Cup game against the spread?
Guy's Pick: Take Canada -256
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Today's Soccer Picks
Get all of Today's Guaranteed Expert Soccer Picks
Most Recent Soccer Picks
- Inter Miami CF vs CF Montreal Prediction, 7/31/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Philadelphia Union vs Chicago Fire Prediction, 8/1/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Orlando City SC vs Atlanta United FC Prediction, 7/30/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- New York Red Bulls vs New England Revolution Prediction, 7/31/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- New York City FC vs Columbus Crew Prediction, 7/30/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Toronto FC vs Nashville SC Prediction, 8/1/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- LA Galaxy vs Portland Timbers Prediction, 7/30/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Houston Dynamo vs Real Salt Lake Prediction, 7/31/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC vs Minnesota United FC Prediction, 7/31/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Los Angeles FC vs Minnesota United FC Prediction, 7/28/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds