Hoffenheim vs. Borussia Dortmund German Bundesliga Predictions, Picks and Betting Tips 6-27-2020
Hoffenheim (14-7-12) vs. Borussia Dortmund (21-6-6)
German Bundesliga soccer on Saturday, June 27, 2020 at 09:30 ET
Venue: Signal Iduna Park, Dortmund, DE
The Line: Union Berlin +405 / Draw +313 / Hoffenheim -169; O/U 3
TV: beIN Sport, Fox Sport Max, Viaplay and Sky Bundesliga
Hoffenheim will take on Union Berlin on Saturday, June 27, 2020, at the PreZero Arena in Sinsheim.
Hoffenheim enters the matchday 31 of the German Bundesliga in the 7th position with 46 points, tied with Wolfsburg, who occupies the final Europa League spot. Hoffenheim has recorded 13 wins, 7 draws and 11 losses with 45 goals scored and 53 goals conceded. Hoffenheim maintained their Europa League qualification push after defeating Ausburg to record their third win out of 5 previous matches. In their last time out, Hoffenheim's forward, Munas Dabbur netted a brace in the 59th and 62nd minute of the game. In the 69th minute, Ruben Vargas netted a header for Ausburg, who continued to struggle for another goal to hold Hoffenheim to a stalemate, but Hoffenheim's Ihlas Bebou scored a late winning goal for Hoffenheim to seal their three-point win.
On the other hand, Union Berlin is sitting in the 12th position of the league table with 38 points, tied with Hertha Berlin. Coming into this game, Union Berlin have recorded 11 wins, 5 draws and 16 losses with 38 goals scored and 54 goals conceded. Union Berlin secured a lucky last time out win over bottom-placed SC Paderborn to steer clear out of the relegation zone. In the match, Union Berlin's only goal came from Paderborn's defender Ben Zolinski's own goal header in the 27th minute. Union Berlin's goalkeeper denied SC Paderborn's effort to equalize or snap the lead. Union Berlin recorded 42% ball possession and 14 goal attempts.
Hoffenheim's forward will be led by Munas Dabbur, Christoph Baumgartner, and Robert Skov. Baumgartner is the team's second-highest goalscorer with 6 goals and 3 assists in 26 league appearances. In comparison, Skov has recorded the 6 assists and 4 goals in 29 appearances.
Union Berlin's forward group will be led by the team's highest goal scorer, Sebastian Andersson, who has recorded 12 goals and 1 assist in 32 league appearances.
Both teams have lost only one out of their 5 previous matches. In their previous meeting, Union Berlin suffered a 2-0 defeat from Hoffenheim. Union Berlin looks to strengthen their hold away from the relegation zone. Also, Hoffenheim must secure a win to participate in Europa League playoff as they are just one point ahead of SC Freiburg, who will surely battle to overtake them.
Coach: Alfred Schreuder
Goalkeeper: Oliver Baumann
Players: Pavel Kadeřábek, Stefan Posch, Benjamin Hübner, Ermin Bičakčić, Diadié Samassékou, Florian Grillitsch, Sebastian Rudy, Robert Skov, Christoph Baumgartner and Steven Zuber
Coach: Lucien Favre
Goalkeeper: Roman Bürki
Players: Mats Hummels, Łukasz Piszczek, Emre Can, Axel Witsel, Raohaël Guerreiro, Julian Brandt, Jadon Sancho, Thorgan Hazard, and Erling Haaland
Prediction: Take Borussia Dortmund
Get all of Today's Free Soccer Picks
Get all of Today's Expert Soccer Picks
Most Recent Soccer Picks
- Lens vs Lille Prediction, 9/18/2021 Ligue 1 Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Angers vs Nantes Prediction, 9/19/2021 Ligue 1 Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Nice vs Monaco Prediction, 9/19/2021 Ligue 1 Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Clermont Foot vs Brest Prediction, 9/19/2021 Ligue 1 Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Austin FC vs San Jose Earthquakes Prediction, 9/18/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- New England Revolution vs Columbus Crew Prediction, 9/18/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Colorado Rapids vs Vancouver Whitecaps FC Prediction, 9/19/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Atlanta United FC vs D.C. United Prediction, 9/18/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Mallorca vs Villarreal Prediction, 9/19/2021 La Liga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Newcastle United vs Leeds United Prediction, 9/17/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds