Sports Betting Scams
by Max Powers - 1/11/2010
With the birth of the Internet many sports handicapping services have developed overnight and many of them claim to be well-established and well-respected businesses. Most are just fly-by-night operations and they are in the business to make a quick buck. Experience is one thing most of these companies lack and many of them try to compensate for that by saying them have been gambling for over two decades. There is a difference between betting on sports and handicapping sports for a living. Most people turn to handicapping Web sites after they were not able to make a living betting on sports themselves. The following list features a checklist of things to look out for when determining if your handicapper is legit or if he is running a sports betting scam.
Instant $250 Free Bonus Bet from Bovada -
- Give out both sides of the game to different customers to ensure somebody wins the game
- Giving out different game of the year plays to different customers
- Losing a big play and then coming back the next week with an even bigger play
- Companies that have you call in for a free pick and then do not give it to you and instead ask for your phone number
- Companies that used the word ‘Lock’ for their selections
- Companies that charge you a percentage of your winnings
- Companies that sell the same plays under numerous names
- Companies that try and sell you three different types of packages based on the more you pay the better picks that you get
Doc’s Sports has been in business since 1971 and does not use any of the above-mentioned tactics. Win or lose, we always tell it like it is and that gives us great respect with our clients and throughout the sports betting industry. Doc’s Sports will never use the word ‘Lock’ in any of our promotions because in reality there is no such thing. Any game can win or lose in the most unimaginable way and over the course of the season you will your fair share of bad beats.
Handicapping services can provide you the edge needed to beat the books on a consistent basis. As a consumer you should avoid using services that promote by one of the methods listed above. Sports betting scams can be found all over the Internet and they do not have your best interest in mind.
Doc’s Sports provides expert handicapping services in NFL Football, College Football, NBA Basketball, College Basketball, NHL Hockey, and MLB Baseball. We have some of the brightest minds in the business.
Click the following links to learn more about our service as well as more on what to avoid when it comes to sports betting scams:
Doc’s Sports is offering $60 worth of member’s picks absolutely free – no obligation, no sales people – you don’t even have to enter credit card information. You can use this $60 credit any way you please for any handicapper and any sport on Doc’s Sports Advisory Board list of expert sports handicappers. Click here for more details and take advantage of this free $60 picks credit today
Most Recent Sports Handicapping Articles
- New Football League AAF: Use Caution When Betting
- Canelo vs. GGG Odds: Expert Betting Predictions for Saturday's Rematch
- Canelo vs. GGG 2: Expert Predictions with Odds and Betting Analysis
- How to Bet Boxing: Advice from Experts on Wagering and Handicapping Fights
- Johnny Manziel in the CFL Betting Props Odds with Expert Predictions
- Doc's Sports Announces Addition of 25-Yr Handicapper, ESPN Contributor Scott Spreitzer
- 2018 Winter Olympics Betting Advice: Value Bets
- 2018 Winter Olympics Wagering Advice and Tips: Bets to Avoid
- Free CFL Picks for Playoffs from Expert Canadian Football Handicapper
- Free CFL Picks Week 12 from Expert Canadian Football Handicapper