Los Angeles Angels vs Seattle Mariners Prediction, 7/11/2021 MLB Pick, Tips and Odds
Game: Los Angeles Angels vs Seattle Mariners
Date: Sunday, July 11, 2021
Location: T-Mobile Park in Seattle, WA
TV: Root Sports Northwest
Hector Santiago and the Seattle Mariners (46-42, 3rd in AL West) play the Los Angeles Angels (44-42, 4th in AL West) at T-Mobile Park on Sunday.
Los Angeles has a slugging rate of .442 and have been called out on strikes 743 times, while drawing a walk on 238 occasions. They have tallied 405 runs batted in in addition to 751 hits on the campaign, while their average at the plate sits at .258. The Angels have accrued 159 two-baggers as a team and have hit 120 balls out of the park. They have notched a total of 425 runs and have an OBP of .320. As a unit, the Los Angeles Angels are earning 4.9 runs per game, which ranks them 6th in MLB.
The Angels have compiled a team earned run average of 4.97 on the season (26th in MLB), and they have rung up 821 batters. Their pitching staff has walked 343 opposing players and their FIP sits at 4.38 as a unit this year. Their strikeout to walk ratio sits at 2.39 and the pitching staff holds a WHIP of 1.40. Angels pitchers have relinquished 110 home runs in addition to 451 runs in total (27th in MLB).
Angels pitchers have gone to the mound with opponents on base 129 times in addition to having 96 appearances in high leverage situations. The bullpen have tallied 37 holds this season (21st in the league). The Angels bullpen have a save rate of 59.5% and has entered the game in 75 save situations. They have compiled 22 saves so far this year and have blown 15 of 37 chances to get a save. The bullpen pitchers have inherited 190 base runners this season with 40.5% of those runners ended up scoring. The Angels have sent 301 relief pitchers to the hill over the course of the season.
The Angels have turned 67.8% of balls in play into outs in their 6,819 innings on the field, which has them sitting at 26th in the majors. The Los Angeles Angels have accounted for 2,273 putouts at this point in the season, in addition to 756 assists and 55 errors. Their fielding rate is currently at .982 which has them sitting 24th in pro baseball, and have earned 584 double plays.
Suarez has taken the ball for 113 frames and has accumulated 103 punch outs thus far in his career. His earned run average is 6.49 (82 ER's allowed) and his career WHIP is 1.628. He has allowed 134 base hits (10.6 hits per 9 innings) and has 51 free passes. Suarez (5-10 career mark) is the owner of a FIP of 6.23 and he has gone up against 523 hitters in the major leagues.
The Seattle Mariners have earned a team OBP of .292 in addition to a batting average of .217 on the campaign. They have been called out on strikes on 845 instances (5th in the league) and have a total of 616 base knocks. Seattle has accumulated 109 HRs so far this year as well as 349 runs batted in. The Mariners have a slugging percentage of .380 and they score 4.10 runs per outing (26th in the league). They have recorded 128 doubles, while taking a walk 273 times as well as notching 361 runs.
The Seattle pitching staff have given up 411 runs this season while having an ERA of 4.45 (381 earned runs yielded). They have conceded 99 HR's and they allow 4.80 runs per 9 innings (20th in MLB). The Mariners have a team WHIP of 1.290 and are the owners of a FIP of 4.23 as a staff on the campaign. Their K/BB ratio sits at 2.55 (723 strikeouts against 284 bases on balls). They are sitting at 20th in baseball as a pitching staff in total hits allowed with 711.
Sitting with 90 save situations, the Mariners have tallied 50 holds in addition to 17 blown saves. Seattle has called on relief pitchers to step onto the mound in 40 save opportunities and they have converted 23 saves. Their relief pitchers have come in 97 times in high leverage situations and on 84 occasions with base runners. Seattle relievers have an inherited score rate of 31.3% out of their 115 inherited base runners. They rank 23rd in MLB with a save rate of 57.5%, and they have dispatched 300 relievers to the hill on the season.
The Seattle Mariners have turned 88 double plays and have a fielding percentage of .984 (11th in MLB). The Mariners have recorded 796 assists, 50 errors and have earned 2,315 putouts so far this year. Out of their 6,945 innings played, the Mariners have earned a defensive efficiency of 69.7% (14th in MLB).
Santiago (48-51 career record) has a 4.13 ERA and has surrendered 8.3 hits per nine innings. He has a K/BB ratio of 1.95 and he has faced 4,113 batters during his career. He has surrendered a total of 432 earned runs while earning a WHIP of 1.390 and having a FIP of 4.9. So far in his career, Santiago has allowed 871 base knocks and he has 854 punch outs in 942 innings.
Who will win tonight's MLB game ATS?
Josh Schonwald's Pick: Take Seattle
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Get all of Today's MLB Picks
Get all of Today's Guaranteed Expert MLB Picks