San Diego Padres vs Milwaukee Brewers Prediction, 5/25/2021 MLB Pick, Tips and Odds
Game: San Diego Padres vs Milwaukee Brewers
Date: Tuesday, May 25, 2021
Location: American Family Field in Milwaukee, WI
TV: Bally Sports Wisconsin
Corbin Burnes and the Milwaukee Brewers (23-23, 3rd in NL Central) play the San Diego Padres (30-17, 1st in NL West) at American Family Field on Tuesday.
As a squad, the San Diego Padres are notching 4.7 runs per game, which puts them at 9th in MLB. They have accumulated 220 runs and have an OBP of .332. The Padres have accrued 64 two-baggers as a team and have smacked 47 balls out of the stadium. They have amassed 206 runs batted in in addition to 377 base knocks on the season, while their batting average sits at .244. San Diego has a slugging % of .388 and have been called out on strikes 372 times, while being walked on 195 occasions.
The Padres have a team ERA of 2.59 this season (1st in the league), and their staff has struck out 493 hitters. Their pitching staff has walked 140 opposing players and their FIP sits at 3.43 as a squad for the season. They have a strikeout to walk ratio of 3.52 and the pitching staff holds a collective WHIP of 1.09. Padres pitchers have allowed 46 long balls and 145 total runs (1st in the league).
Padres bullpen pitchers have gone to the mound with runners on base 27 times in addition to having 46 appearances in high leverage situations. The relievers have 29 holds for the season (5th in baseball). The Padres bullpen have accumulated a save percentage of 75.0% and has entered the game in 54 save situations. They have 18 saves so far this year and have blown 6 out of their 24 chances to save the game. The relievers have inherited 40 base runners so far this season with 25.0% of those runners ended up crossing the plate. The Padres have sent 176 relief pitchers to the mound over the course of the season.
The Padres have turned 71.1% of balls hit into play into outs out of their 3,786 innings on the diamond, ranking them 10th in pro baseball. The San Diego Padres are sitting with 1,262 putouts on the year, as well as 393 assists and 33 errors. Their fielding percentage is at .980 which has them ranked 27th in the majors, and have earned 328 double plays.
Musgrove has taken the mound for 547 innings and has totaled 535 punch outs so far in his pro baseball career. His ERA is 4.16 (253 earned runs allowed) and his career WHIP is 1.198. He has given up 523 hits (8.6 hits per 9 innings) with 133 free passes. Musgrove (33-42 career win-loss record) has a FIP of 3.81 and he has gone up against 2,290 batters during his time in the majors.
The Milwaukee Brewers have an on-base percentage of .299 as well as a batting average of .213 so far this year. They have been rung up on 456 occasions (7th in baseball) and have earned a total of 324 hits. Milwaukee has compiled 50 HRs for the year to go along with 168 RBIs. The Brewers have a team slugging percentage of .358 and they average 3.78 runs per contest (26th in baseball). They have hit 61 two-baggers, while getting a free base 160 times as well as scoring 174 runs.
The Brewers have a team WHIP of 1.170 with a FIP of 4.03 as a unit on the campaign. They currently have a strikeout to walk ratio of 2.99 (475 strikeouts vs 159 walks). They have a ranking of 6th in baseball as a staff in total hits given up with 322. They have given up 58 dingers and they relinquish 4.23 runs per 9 innings (12th in baseball). The Milwaukee pitching staff have allowed 193 runs this season while having an ERA of 3.81 (174 earned runs yielded).
Milwaukee has called on bullpen pitchers to take the mound in 19 save opportunities and they have converted 12 saves. They sit at 12th in baseball with a save percentage of 63.2%, and they have sent 147 relief pitchers onto the diamond this season. Their relief pitchers have taken the field 58 times in high leverage situations in addition to 29 occasions with base runners. Milwaukee bullpen pitchers hold an inherited score percentage of 40.0% out of their 40 inherited runners. Sitting with 43 save situations, the Brewers have 24 holds and also 7 blown saves.
The Milwaukee Brewers have turned 30 double plays and have accounted for a fielding rate of .982 (23rd in pro baseball). The Brewers have recorded 376 assists, 30 errors and have notched a total of 1,233 putouts during this campaign. Out of their 3,699 innings played, the Brewers have a defensive efficiency of 71.6% (8th in professional baseball).
During his MLB career, Burnes has conceded 157 base hits while earning 260 strikeouts in 187 frames. Burnes (14-9 win-loss record in his career) has earned a 3.90 ERA while conceding 7.6 hits per nine innings. He has surrendered a total of 81 earned runs while holding a WHIP of 1.144 and a FIP of 3.2. He has a strikeout to walk ratio of 4.56 and he has gone up against 777 opposing hitters so far in his career.
Who will win tonight's baseball game against the spread?
Tony Sink's Pick: Take San Diego
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Get all of Today's MLB Picks
Get all of Today's Guaranteed Expert MLB Picks