San Francisco Giants vs Miami Marlins Prediction, 4/16/2021 MLB Pick, Tips and Odds
Game: San Francisco Giants vs Miami Marlins
Date: Friday, April 16, 2021
Location: Marlins Park in Miami, FL
TV: Bally Sports Florida
Odds/Point Spread: San Francisco (-120) Miami (+110)
Anthony DeSclafani and the San Francisco Giants (8-4, 2nd in NL West) go to Marlins Park on Friday where they'll meet the Miami Marlins (5-6, 3rd in NL East). The Giants open this contest at -120 while the Marlins are coming in at +110. The total opens at 8.5. The pitchers taking the mound will be Anthony DeSclafani and Daniel Castano.
The Giants have compiled 13 two-baggers as a squad and have hit 17 balls out of the stadium. San Francisco has a slugging percentage of .382 and have been called out on strikes 114 times, while being walked on 45 occasions. As a unit, the San Francisco Giants are putting up 3.4 runs per game, which ranks them 29th in the league. They have amassed 40 runs batted in in addition to 78 base knocks on the year, while their team batting average is sitting at .207. They have a total of 41 runs and hold an OBP of .295.
Giants pitchers have surrendered 9 home runs and 35 runs in total (3rd in baseball). Their pitching staff has walked 36 hitters and their FIP comes in at 3.41 as a team this season. Their K/BB ratio is 2.89 and the pitching staff sits with a WHIP of 1.07. The Giants have an ERA of 2.78 for the season (2nd in baseball), and their staff has rung up 104 hitters.
Giants pitchers have entered the game with runners on base 8 times in addition to having 19 appearances in high leverage situations. The relievers have recorded 12 holds so far this season (1st in the league). The Giants relievers have recorded a save rate of 63.6% and has come into the game in 23 save situations. They have recorded 7 saves on the campaign and have not converted 4 of their 11 chances to save the game. The bullpen pitchers have inherited 11 runners for the year and 36.4% of those players earned a run for their team. The Giants have dispatched 42 relievers to the mound on the season.
DeSclafani has pitched in 667 frames and has totaled 594 K's in his MLB career. His ERA is 4.23 (314 ER's allowed) and he has a career WHIP of 1.293. He has allowed 674 hits (9.1 hits per 9 innings) and has had 189 free passes. DeSclafani (38-39 record in his career) sits with a FIP of 4.21 while he has gone up against 2,824 opposing batters in the majors.
The Miami Marlins have earned an OBP of .316 and a team batting average of .237 this season. They have been rung up on 110 occasions (17th in the league) and have tallied 89 base knocks. Miami has knocked in 8 HRs on the year to go along with 46 runs batted in. The Marlins have a SLG% of .376 and they tally 4.45 runs per game (14th in the league). They have recorded 24 doubles, while getting a free base 39 times and putting up 49 runs.
The Marlins hold a team WHIP of 1.159 and have a FIP of 4.32 as a pitching staff so far this year. Their strikeout to walk ratio is 2.55 (107 strikeouts against 42 bases on balls). They come in at 5th in the league as a pitching staff in total hits allowed with 74. They have relinquished 14 homers and they relinquish 4.32 runs per 9 innings (13th in the league). The Miami pitching staff have allowed 48 runs this season while holding a team ERA of 3.87 (43 earned runs conceded).
Miami has called on relievers to step onto the mound in 6 save opportunities and they have walked away with 2 saves. They are currently ranked 27th in the league holding a save rate of 33.3%, and they have dispatched 47 relievers onto the diamond over the course of the season. Their relievers have taken the field 19 times in high leverage situations in addition to 9 occasions with runners on. Miami relievers hold an inherited score percentage of 30.8% out of their 13 inherited runners. With 12 save situations, the Marlins have earned 6 holds and also 4 blown saves.
In his pro baseball career, Castano has given up 30 hits while he has earned 12 strikeouts in 29 innings pitched. Castano (1-2 career mark) has earned a 3.03 earned run average while conceding 9.1 hits per 9 innings. He has conceded 10 earned runs while holding a WHIP of 1.382 and being the owner of a FIP of 4.8. He has a strikeout to walk ratio of 1.09 and he has faced 126 batters during his MLB career.
So what is Tonights Parlay prediction?
Parlay's Pundit's Pick: Take San Francisco (-120) and over 8.5 runs
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Get all of Today's MLB Picks
Get all of Today's Guaranteed Expert MLB Picks