Friday, January 13, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The New York Islanders travel to BB&T Center to play the Florida Panthers on Friday, January 13, 2017.
Free $60 in Member NBA Picks No Obligation Click Here
New York comes into this matchup having played 39 games. They have an overall record of 15-16-8 and on the road they have a record of 4-8-4. Currently they are 8th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 107 goals and given up 119 goals for a point differential of -12. The Islanders have an overall record of 4-3-3 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 14-24 and an over/under record of 20-15-4. Florida shows up with a record of 19-16-8 including 10-8-3 at home this season. They are 4th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 100 goals and surrendered 114 for a goal differential of -14. The Panthers have a record of 4-3-3 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 16-24 while their over/under record sits at 16-21-6.
John Tavares has accumulated 27 total points this season for the Islanders. He has 11 goals this season with 115 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 16 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Josh Bailey has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 6% by scoring 5 goals on 79 shots. He has 19 assists giving him a total of 24 points on the season. Jaroslav Halak has 6 wins and 8 losses this season in net for the Islanders. He has had 669 shots against him and has given up 64 goals. He has made 605 saves for a save percentage of 90%.
Jaromir Jagr has accumulated 25 total points this season for the Panthers. He has 7 goals this season with 97 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 18 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Aleksander Barkov has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 9 goals on 88 shots. He has 18 assists giving him a total of 27 points on the season. Roberto Luongo has 13 wins and 10 losses this season in net for the Panthers. He has had 856 shots against him and has given up 66 goals. He has made 790 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Islanders have 38 total points this season. They have scored 107 goals while giving up 119 goals. They have had 108 power play opportunities and have scored 16 goals on those chances for a percentage of 15%. The Islanders have allowed 125 power play opportunities and given up 24 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.26% for the season to this point. They allow 33 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Panthers have a total of 46 points on the season. They have 22 power play goals on 148 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 15%. They have allowed 134 power play opportunities and have given up 20 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 85%. As a team, the Islanders have a total of 100 goals scored while they've given up 114 goals to this point. They average 32 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 7.32%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
New York has a Corsi percentage of 45.5% as they've attempted 2,133 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,560 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 46.6% as they have 1,586 attempts while they've given up 1,818 shots on the defensive end. The Islanders start possessions in the offensive zone 49.4% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 50.6% for the season. They have 1,121 face off wins compared to 1,178 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 48.8%. On defense New York has 985 hits and they've blocked 742 shots from the opposition.
Florida has attempted 2,491 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,256 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 52.5% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 51.8% as they have 1,904 shots while they've given up 1,771 attempts on defense. The Panthers have an offensive zone percentage of 53.3% and their defensive zone percentage is 46.7% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 48.2% as they've compiled 1,266 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,362 face off losses. On defense Florida has blocked 485 shot attempts and they have 902 hits as a unit.
New York Islanders Betting Trends
The New York Islanders are 14-24 straight up
The New York Islanders are 20-15-4 against the over/under
Florida Panthers Betting Trends
The Florida Panthers are 16-24 straight up
The Florida Panthers are 16-21-6 against the over/under
New York Islanders Injuries
10/10/16 C Mikhail Grabovski Concussion out indefinitely
01/10/17 D Travis Hamonic Knee out indefinitely
Florida Panthers Injuries
12/30/16 C Aleksander Barkov Lower Body expected to miss 2-3 weeks
11/21/16 D Alex Petrovic Ankle out indefinitely
10/10/16 LW Jonathan Huberdeau Achilles expected to miss 3-4 months
01/11/17 F Greg McKegg Upper Body "?" Friday vs NY Islanders
01/11/17 C Seth Griffith Concussion expected to miss 7-10 days
01/08/17 C Nick Bjugstad Groin out indefinitely
Guy's Pick: Take New York
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Today's Free NBA Picks
Get all of Today's 100% Profit Guaranteed Expert NBA Picks